• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL What Place By All-Star Game Time

What place will we be in by All-Star Time

• 1st

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • 2nd

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • 3rd

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • 4th

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure? You claimed some were saying they would be in last place. I asked who said that.

This division is a 3 team race for one spot. Doesn't matter at all that they are in first place now before June has even started. M's were in first place late last year and missed the playoffs.

This team is really bad at hitting, makes routine base running blunders, and is manged by a moron.

The stellar pitching isn't going to be enough IMO and of course I hope I'm wrong.

Well I am not about to go dive into old posts to point people out and even if I did and I was right what good does that do? The goal is to move forward and seek greatness and maintain positive energy. There is no looking to last year and what happened the last 20 years and kicking the floor. This is this year and we are rolling to battle with our weak lineup and great rotation.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I am not about to go dive into old posts to point people out and even if I did and I was right what good does that do? The goal is to move forward and seek greatness and maintain positive energy. There is no looking to last year and what happened the last 20 years and kicking the floor. This is this year and we are rolling to battle with our weak lineup and great rotation.
Looking forward to a group that says a Wild Card round is the goal? Of course there is looking to last year or the 20 previous years. It is called being a fan. Tell a Red Sox fan in 2004 when they finally won a championship that they were only celebrating the championship and not because they broke the curse.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to a group that says a Wild Card round is the goal? Of course there is looking to last year or the 20 previous years. It is called being a fan. Tell a Red Sox fan in 2004 when they finally won a championship that they were only celebrating the championship and not because they broke the curse.

I think we had this conversation already I am of the standpoint that if I was the M's management or a player if a fan were to voice their frustration of what happened with the team in 2011 when Julio was like 9 years old and Jerry was an intern. If I was them I would look at each other like what the heck does that have to do with us. If you want to give them flak for falling apart the last season and missing the playoffs that I understand.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we had this conversation already I am of the standpoint that if I was the M's management or a player if a fan were to voice their frustration of what happened with the team in 2011 when Julio was like 9 years old and Jerry was an intern. If I was them I would look at each other like what the heck does that have to do with us. If you want to give them flak for falling apart the last season and missing the playoffs that I understand.
So it’s 2017 a starting point that someone can be frustrated with the team failing to make a World Series? And if Jerry or any player thought that then they don’t care about the sport. Jerry sure appreciated all the praise he got for breaking the drought. Julio sure loved the praise for signing his deal and Seattle fans fawning over him for being a mega star who wanted to stay in Seattle. Just take Castillo when he was traded and he wore his 21, they understand fans. The team still has heat with the Astros even though the Mariners have like 4 guys on the team when the bad blood started. You can’t go through a game in any sport where stats are brought that the current team has nothing to do with it. It’s like saying the Mariners franchise is the same as the Yankees cause no one on either team has a won a title for the teams.

You can’t have it both ways where the players, coaches and FO love getting credit for accomplishing something other teams didn’t while not being able to take criticism for the same thing.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
37 games left to the All-Star break. 23 are against teams currently with a losing record and 14 against teams with a winning record.
16 games are at home where we enjoy a 65.6% winning percentage. 10 games are against teams with a losing record, 6 with a winning record
21 games are on the road where our winning percentage is a less desirable but tolerable 44.8%. 13 games are against teams with a losing record, 8 with a winning record

So, does anyone want to change their prediction?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
37 games left to the All-Star break. 23 are against teams currently with a losing record and 14 against teams with a winning record.
16 games are at home where we enjoy a 65.6% winning percentage. 10 games are against teams with a losing record, 6 with a winning record
21 games are on the road where our winning percentage is a less desirable but tolerable 44.8%. 13 games are against teams with a losing record, 8 with a winning record

Get
us
a
veteran
bat
now
to
protect
it

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get
us
a
veteran
bat
now
to
protect
it
But whom? There isn’t a play out there right now that is available without trading the entire farm system. There are guys reportedly available that they could deal for that won’t excite fans and most likely at most would be a marginal upgrade. The Marlins and the A’s are perfect trade partners where the M’s can get slightly better this year while those teams may get better next year

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But whom? There isn’t a play out there right now that is available without trading the entire farm system. There are guys reportedly available that they could deal for that won’t excite fans and most likely at most would be a marginal upgrade. The Marlins and the A’s are perfect trade partners where the M’s can get slightly better this year while those teams may get better next year
Not asking for a top tier player. Just a mid tier veteran guy with maybe a .255 - .265 avg, good D and a steady consistent presence.

It's sad that such a player could have a big impact on this team, but for more than just their stats at the dish. They need more leadership.

I don't buy that they have to drain the farm to get such an average upgrade, but they might have to eat some stiff salary to help a bad team looking to dump payroll.

If you can't do that this year with a pitching staff this historically good in a division this unusually down, when the fuck can you ever?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not asking for a top tier player. Just a mid tier veteran guy with maybe a .255 - .265 avg, good D and a steady consistent presence.

It's sad that such a player could have a big impact on this team, but for more than just their stats at the dish. They need more leadership.

I don't buy that they have to drain the farm to get such an average upgrade, but they might have to eat some stiff salary to help a bad team looking to dump payroll.

If you can't do that this year with a pitching staff this historically good in a division this unusually down, when the fuck can you ever?
I hear you, but that type of player is nearly impossible to get until the deadline. You can get a super big fish now using massive capital on, or you can get fringe guys that don’t move the needle.

They have enough prospects to make two huge splashes like Alonso and Bichette IMO. My big fear is they have 4 SS’s right now that Young, Emerson and Celestin will be top 25 prospects by the AS break and Peete will be top tier 100. My fear is they will trade the two stars and the other two will be the typical Mariners flame out prospect.

They do have enough to make the splashes to put them in position to win a World Series this year. But I’m not sure with their stance on wanting controllable players is it going to happen. Realistically for position players as of now, there is Beckett, Vlad Jr, Rooker and Robert. The Marlins or Cardinals players are controllable but IMO aren’t needle movers enough to make them WS caliber.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Josh Bell? His bat has really woken up in the last month (.311/.372/..466/.838 with 18 RBI in the month of May) and with the Marlins going nowhere, I can't image them wanting to keep paying him. He's going to get traded. That's a no brainer. He's a 1st baseman/DH. He doesn't hit lefties very well, but Mitch Garver does. Well, he hits em better than Bell does anyway.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it’s 2017 a starting point that someone can be frustrated with the team failing to make a World Series? And if Jerry or any player thought that then they don’t care about the sport. Jerry sure appreciated all the praise he got for breaking the drought. Julio sure loved the praise for signing his deal and Seattle fans fawning over him for being a mega star who wanted to stay in Seattle. Just take Castillo when he was traded and he wore his 21, they understand fans. The team still has heat with the Astros even though the Mariners have like 4 guys on the team when the bad blood started. You can’t go through a game in any sport where stats are brought that the current team has nothing to do with it. It’s like saying the Mariners franchise is the same as the Yankees cause no one on either team has a won a title for the teams.

You can’t have it both ways where the players, coaches and FO love getting credit for accomplishing something other teams didn’t while not being able to take criticism for the same thing.

For me 2017 is the date where I can judge Jerry on his work with the franchise and whether or not he should be fired. The timeline was to tank and clear up the bad contracts on the team and once Julio was called up as his best prospect that is when we should really critic everything and personally I think he has done a fantastic job.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners finished an awesome sweep going into a 3 game series against struggling Oakland. The month of June is a little tough facing the guardians, twins and royals the AL Central started off well this season we will see how this goes.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Josh Bell? His bat has really woken up in the last month (.311/.372/..466/.838 with 18 RBI in the month of May) and with the Marlins going nowhere, I can't image them wanting to keep paying him. He's going to get traded. That's a no brainer. He's a 1st baseman/DH. He doesn't hit lefties very well, but Mitch Garver does. Well, he hits em better than Bell does anyway.
Bell was a guy I mentioned once the Marlins threw in the towel. Only problem with Bell is having France and Garver. If France isn’t an everyday player for the Mariners then he is a waste of a roster spot, and kind of same thing with Garver.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me 2017 is the date where I can judge Jerry on his work with the franchise and whether or not he should be fired. The timeline was to tank and clear up the bad contracts on the team and once Julio was called up as his best prospect that is when we should really critic everything and personally I think he has done a fantastic job.
I know you do. We just have completely different definition on what successful is

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m sticking with third place just so I am certain to not be disappointed

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you would fire Jerry?
That’s a two part question. A. He should never have gotten the President of baseball ops job. B. I would have fired him last offseason. At the current moment no, it is bad for the organization to fire the head of baseball mid season.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urquidy and Javier both scheduled for TJ surgery. I'll risk the jinx and go ahead and say it. The Astros are cooked. Now it is just us and Texas. Unless the deep pocket Astro owners go out and get a Mitch Keller and/or Zac Gallen or someone similar from a team in a similar situation (and the Astros have been known to do that time and time again).