• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What needs to happen this offseason

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Fire Towers and Gibson

It's been LONG overdue for a change of leadership and I think the Towers-Gibson era comes to an end as soon as the season concludes.

2. Sign a high profile starter

With names like Lester, Shields, Scherzer and Kenta Maeda (the ace of the Hiroshima Carp -- in line to be the darling of the posting crowd come November) available I think we need to throw money at them and overpay to land one of these four. I'd rather overpay an ace than spend stupidly on guys like Ross, McCarthy and others like we have in recent years.

There's also a solid second tier of FA starters that could fit in nicely to our rotation: Ervin Santana, Jorge De La Rosa, and Francisco Liriano.

3. Get rid of Reed and go with the youngsters in the pen. Our bullpen depth is really, really solid in the minors and we have some talented arms ready to contribute next year. Do what the A's have done to build their solid bullpen.

4. Trade one of Didi/Ahmed for another young reliever. Cuz you can never have enough talented, young relievers. And we need to get rid of one of those two because I'm sold on Owings at short.

5. Get healthy... Goldy, Owings and Pollock on offense and Corbin, Arroyo and Hernandez in our pitching staff. We need them all.

6. Let Bradley develop and DONT GIVE UP ON HIM AFTER A COUPLE STARTS FOR CHRIST'S SAKE.

BYE.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their main focuses should be on developing their young infield/pitching prospects and on acquiring more young pitching talent.

The Dbacks also need to start revamping the way that they develop and coach players. Too many young players have been traded away recently only to find success on other teams. There have also been way too many elbow injuries involving Dbacks players (although this seems to be somewhat of a league wide issue).

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LaRussa just announed Gibby would be coming back next year. There goes that. Another year of putting your worst hitter in the lead-off spot on a consistent basis.

Surely KT has to be out though? If they keep that clown they are basically saying this season was a success, which would require more a few swimming pools of vodka in your system.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LaRussa just announed Gibby would be coming back next year. There goes that. Another year of putting your worst hitter in the lead-off spot on a consistent basis.

Surely KT has to be out though? If they keep that clown they are basically saying this season was a success, which would require more a few swimming pools of vodka in your system.

Update on that report: It wasn't true. La Russa said he hasn't made that decision yet. I think (hope) he's gone.