• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is your opinion on starting Kaepernick?

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kaepernick played a lot in the pistol offense and spread

those don't translate well to the NFL, he's a great played but you need to wait at least a year before starting him.

That is true about the pistol but the one thing that it allowed Kap to do was to make quick decisions. Unlike the T-bone offense or the veer, the pistol calls for the QB to make quick reads and to really understand what the defense is doing.
I would like to think that he was going through what Warner expierienced in the AFL.Kap has an accurate arm which will translate well in the NFL.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree with the sentiments some in this thread have made about the O'Line. I think the two conditions that need to be met before he starts are: is he ready and is the o'line ready to protect him. When the answers to both of those questions are yes - then he should take over.

That said, in the interim I would like to see Harbaugh use Kaepernick in situations where he is relatively certain Kaepernick will succeed (ala Walsh/Montana).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sorry to change subjects, but I noticed a BoiseSt fan on this thread...

What's your opinion of Kellen Moore as a pro' prospect? I'm gonna try to keep an eye on him this season.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To those who were wondering about Anthony Davis. A while back a piece came out that said he has been working out with other players and one of his goals was to stay about the same weight but to get leaner, stronger and improve his overall conditioning.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Kap needs to sit for the year.
Allow him to improve on his short throws, I've heard a lot about his velocity being tough to catch on those dumpoffs. Give him the opportunity to absorb and digest the game. Build his confidence up with a few designed plays later in the season. We still don't have a vet QB so right now he's #2, so who knows he may inadvertently pull a Brady.

Sick - I've seen Moore a decent amount since my ex was from Idaho. He seems very poised, good feel and presence, good accuracy, but not sure he has an NFL arm. Maybe Chad Pennington like? He's done well against top competition but I'm not sure how he'll hold up to NFL player hits. Now I'm not a talent evaluator but I'd say he's probably 3rd or 4th rounder right now but with 2nd round instincts and 1st round leadership ability.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's your opinion of Kellen Moore as a pro' prospect? I'm gonna try to keep an eye on him this season.

No need to ask a Boise St. fan. Kellen Moore is a 7th round / UDFA prospect.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind starting Prime.

In terms of knowing the playbook, both Smith and Prime are learning it. I'm sure Harbs will go for the Vet in Smith and have Prime learn from him or at least adjust himself.

But if Prime truly advances in the preason, I don't see "why not" at this jecture. He has VERY GOOD weapons at his disposals especially there guys (minus Crabs) who know what their doing and been there done that. IF the Oline shows some major promise, I say go for it, it's not a terrifying position for a new QB in our offense ATM.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind starting Prime.

In terms of knowing the playbook, both Smith and Prime are learning it. I'm sure Harbs will go for the Vet in Smith and have Prime learn from him or at least adjust himself.

But if Prime truly advances in the preason, I don't see "why not" at this jecture. He has VERY GOOD weapons at his disposals especially there guys (minus Crabs) who know what their doing and been there done that. IF the Oline shows some major promise, I say go for it, it's not a terrifying position for a new QB in our offense ATM.

I'd disagree a little bit on Smith and Kaepernick being at the same point in learning the playbook, Kaepernick himself, said that Smith's grasp on the offense was at a higher level than his own, due to being in the NFL since 2005.

Honestly though, I'm tempted by that prospect a little too, I feel like the rest of the guys can carry Kaepernick... but the thing is, I'd rather they didn't have to carry the QB. I'd rather the QB know more about the offense than anyone else.

To put it as succinctly as MW49ers did, I'd rather wait for two key things, Kaepernick being ready along with the O-line being solid.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trust Harbaugh. When CK is ready to play then Harbaugh will play him. I'd prefer him to sit all season and learn though.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kap's arm strength, throwing velocity, athleticism, probably everything has a higher ceiling than Alex.

But Kap needs to ride the pine this season. He's telegraphing throws, staring receivers down, forcing throws in, expecting corners not to jump the routes, etc. He's got to work on the mental aspect of the NFL game.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a typical off season, I might be a little more willing to try it, but this one only increases my concerns of throwing him in before he is ready, because he has had so little time.

It really depends on Kap's mental make up though. Is he the type that accepts struggles as a part of the learning process?

or will he turn Vince Young and have mental break downs? Which obviously makes it better for him to wait till he is ready.

I hope we actually have a competent coaching staff who will my the correct evaluation.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd disagree a little bit on Smith and Kaepernick being at the same point in learning the playbook, Kaepernick himself, said that Smith's grasp on the offense was at a higher level than his own, due to being in the NFL since 2005.

Honestly though, I'm tempted by that prospect a little too, I feel like the rest of the guys can carry Kaepernick... but the thing is, I'd rather they didn't have to carry the QB. I'd rather the QB know more about the offense than anyone else.

To put it as succinctly as MW49ers did, I'd rather wait for two key things, Kaepernick being ready along with the O-line being solid.

Yes, the line should defiantly be taken into consideration. They should gel more before we put kap behind them. Some make the "Rodgers line sucked and look at him" argument, but everyone isn't Rodgers either.

Excel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kellen Moore has an extremely accurate arm. His football IQ is off the charts. He has decent arm strength. His size is the only concern, but if you add up the first two pluses you got a recipe for a great QB at any lvl.

He gets the ball out quick with great touch, and throws a very catchable ball.
He is a rock under pressure. Hes got decent mobility. Not great, but decent. His decision making is great.
I really like his chances as a pro prospect. A lot of people will dismiss him because of his size, but thats not always wise.

A few more will dismiss him because he plays for Boise State, and there is a lot of irrational hatred for BSU and the attention they get (Especially on message boards).

In summary his only knock that I am aware of is his size. Everything else I would look at in a QB is decent to great.

Excel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]O3-nlyKJlp4[/YOUTUBE]

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excel, How do you post a youtube video?

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Baptism by fire,
we're going to need to make space for a new QB next year!

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excel, How do you post a youtube video?

Originally from Boise State and WestEndVol

when you post hit the "youtube" button on the upper right of your screen

you will then get tags like that^^^^

inside those copy and paste all the stuff after the "=" in the url of the youtube video

hope this helps, sir

Just only use the part to the right of the the 1st = sign.

Example: ‪Lookin' Back (Official Video) Smurf Durrt & Big Lazy - Dirrty Durrt Ent.‬‏ - YouTubeBFa&list=WL6CBDB54313BBB857&index=2

You would only past the part that I blackened in between the youtube [ ]

Just remember..the youtube button only pops up if you use the new post button at the top left.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To those who were wondering about Anthony Davis. A while back a piece came out that said he has been working out with other players and one of his goals was to stay about the same weight but to get leaner, stronger and improve his overall conditioning.

good news. A Davis reminds me of Bubba Paris. The outta shape version could be caught off balance and burnt by fast ends.