• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is your opinion on starting Kaepernick?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
good news. A Davis reminds me of Bubba Paris. The outta shape version could be caught off balance and burnt by fast ends.

I will forever remember the image of Bubba Paris struggling to get to his feet and then lumbering after and then watching as Leonard Marshall was about to do some serious damage to our hope for a threepeat.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will forever remember the image of Bubba Paris struggling to get to his feet and then lumbering after and then watching as Leonard Marshall was about to do some serious damage to our hope for a threepeat.

ouch. Good niner but had those moments...

*I was young but I still blame him for costing the niners the perfect season - the hold vs. Pittsburgh on wersching's made FG..

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ouch. Good niner but had those moments...

*I was young but I still blame him for costing the niners the perfect season - the hold vs. Pittsburgh on wersching's made FG..

I didn't get to watch that game, (I was living in Spokane at the time) but I remember talking to the fam and they telling me it was a heartbreaking loss.

I use to feel bad about not achieving the 19-0 perfect season until New England matched our record. I immediately felt much better about our 18-1.

Bison645

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say let Kaepernick sit. In my opinion, it won't be long before he pushes Smith from the starting roll, and I actually think Smith will be the best QB in the west this season by a large margin.
Living close to Reno, I got to watch Kaepernick play for four years, and he really is a special talent. This kid played way better in his UNR tenure, with little surrounding talent, than Luck did at Stanford. Imagine how he would have played if he was coached by Harbaugh. Oh wait, I guess we will get to see for ourselves.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baptism by fire,
we're going to need to make space for a new QB next year!

When I think of baptism by fire I think about how screwed Alex Smith was his first year. But then again our current team has a lot more to work with on offense.

As far as CK playing this year it really depends on what Harbaughs goals are. If he wants to win this year then there's no way CK starts. If it's really about building for the future Harbaugh has to consider CK if he feels he's ready to play even if Alex gives us the best chance to win.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
When I think of baptism by fire I think about how screwed Alex Smith was his first year. But then again our current team has a lot more to work with on offense.

As far as CK playing this year it really depends on what Harbaughs goals are. If he wants to win this year then there's no way CK starts. If it's really about building for the future Harbaugh has to consider CK if he feels he's ready to play even if Alex gives us the best chance to win.

Well actually, what I was going for is that CK will never pan out, so lets just get that experiment out of the way early.

As for the future, 2011 is a litmus test. We're talented enough to win the division, but not quite good enough to make a strong realistic run at the Super Bowl. Next year whether it be by FA or Draft, we get a real QB and truly begin the process of building a SB contender.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Kenny, where is your avatar??? (what was it the taj mahal?)

Mock2Speed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I say he should sit till he's truly ready to take the reins. I remember hearing that he got a lot of work to do when it comes to his mechanics/footwork. They really should take their time drilling and molding him into the player they need him to be. When a player is not ready, once they're under any bit of duress, they'll revert to all their bad habits, as we've all seen from players who were tossed into the works too early.

With that being said, its up to CK and Harbaugh to set that timetable, who knows, he could be ready by mid-season, next season, or maybe the one after that. I just want him to be ready.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd start Kaepernick right away, or until he fully knows the playbook. He'll learn nothing watching Alex Smith from the bench.

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'd start Kaepernick right away, or until he fully knows the playbook. He'll learn nothing watching Alex Smith from the bench.

True, nothing good anyhow. Let's hope Kap doesn't pick up too much from him.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not worried about Kaep learning anything from Alex Smith. That 15 year veteran QB we call the 49ers Head Coach is going to be the one teaching Kaepernick how to be a QB, along with Geep. Which by the way, is why I have a feeling that the 49ers aren't going to be signing any "mentor types" like Bulger... because what's the point?? They already have that in Harbaugh.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not worried about Kaep learning anything from Alex Smith. That 15 year veteran QB we call the 49ers Head Coach is going to be the one teaching Kaepernick how to be a QB, along with Geep. Which by the way, is why I have a feeling that the 49ers aren't going to be signing any "mentor types" like Bulger... because what's the point?? They already have that in Harbaugh.

+1

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

...and he can't learn those things from Harbaugh and play at the same time?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Healthy Kap

Solid OLine

Exp Offensive weapons

Knowledge of the playbook.

I can imagine Prime saying in the huddle, all right Niners roll out!

jaypok626

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think I would want him starting under center this season, but, I wouldn't be against letting him get his feet wet in wildcat/option types of plays.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and he can't learn those things from Harbaugh and play at the same time?

Did I say he couldn't learn and play at the same time? I was just saying Alex Smith isn't the teacher to Kaepernick's student. I think I saw you say that you'd like Kaepernick to know the full playbook before he starts, and realistically, how much of the playbook do you think he is going to have down getting 2nd string reps? I can't imagine that a Kaepernick led offense is going to have the full playbook at it's disposal.

I want him to play as soon as he is ready, I just don't want it to be under Troy Smith circumstances... where the offense is limited to what the QB knows.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No need to ask a Boise St. fan. Kellen Moore is a 7th round / UDFA prospect.

He could become a good coach one day. Very cerebral guy! However, like Clyde said...I don't see a future for this kid in the NFL as a player. Maybe as an assistant coach one day, but not as a player.