• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is WRONG with SF

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong... I love my 49ers and I believe we can go all the way to the SB again. But there are some glaring problems with this team that even the most casual observer can point out. So instead of yet another thread where we're all just sucking each others' dicks over what makes them a great team, I'm going to make a thread about what makes the 49ers vulnerable. Feel free to chime in:

Clock management - There's already a thread going a mile long about this. Every defense can count on the play clock running down to zero before the ball is snapped and it's very predictable... that is WHEN the ball is snapped and JH doesn't have to burn timeouts. How is this still happening?

CK's narrow field of vision - Opposing defenders as well as anyone watching the game can see Kap's cold, hard stare at which receiver he is about to throw to. If he doesn't change his tactic we are doomed.

Redzone offense - Once we get inside the 10 yard line it's pretty much a guarantee we are kicking a FG.

Redzone defense - Once our opponents get inside the 10 it's pretty much a guaranteed TD.

The 3rd quarter (and 4th too) - We are putting up zeroes in the score column in the 3rd quarter. We're slowly becoming the Falcons of 2013.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to argue with any of that. I wonder if its possible for them to improve there though because the first step toward improvement is admitting you have a problem and Harbaugh refuses to believe or at least to admit to there being a problem in those areas.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may all be true, but there's simply no such thing as a perfect team. Every team's fanbase can make a similar post, including Seattle's and Denver's.

The Niners have flaws, but so do the others. The playoffs are basically a few games of the very best teams, without much difference between them, and usually the winner comes down to one play or two, plus a fair amount of luck.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong... I love my 49ers and I believe we can go all the way to the SB again. But there are some glaring problems with this team that even the most casual observer can point out. So instead of yet another thread where we're all just sucking each others' dicks over what makes them a great team, I'm going to make a thread about what makes the 49ers vulnerable. Feel free to chime in:

Clock management - There's already a thread going a mile long about this. Every defense can count on the play clock running down to zero before the ball is snapped and it's very predictable... that is WHEN the ball is snapped and JH doesn't have to burn timeouts. How is this still happening?

CK's narrow field of vision - Opposing defenders as well as anyone watching the game can see Kap's cold, hard stare at which receiver he is about to throw to. If he doesn't change his tactic we are doomed.

Redzone offense - Once we get inside the 10 yard line it's pretty much a guarantee we are kicking a FG.

Redzone defense - Once our opponents get inside the 10 it's pretty much a guaranteed TD.

The 3rd quarter (and 4th too) - We are putting up zeroes in the score column in the 3rd quarter. We're slowly becoming the Falcons of 2013.

CK is fine with Field vision. Im getting so sick of this shit. The guy wins and has great playoff games. He is fine.

I agree Clock management is bad. They really need to fix this.

I also agree Redzone play calling is really bad. That one drive where we were at the 6. Run the god damn ball.

1 other thing I want to throw out their is how our D gives up at least 2 bad drives a game. Like drives that make you smash things. Also we need to get pressure on the QB. Overall I think we did ok against GB but there would be like 2 drives back to back where we would get none.

also special teams haven't been great as of late(not Dawson the others)

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CK is fine with Field vision. Im getting so sick of this shit. The guy wins and has great playoff games. He is fine.

I agree Clock management is bad. They really need to fix this.

I also agree Redzone play calling is really bad. That one drive where we were at the 6. Run the god damn ball.

1 other thing I want to throw out their is how our D gives up at least 2 bad drives a game. Like drives that make you smash things. Also we need to get pressure on the QB. Overall I think we did ok against GB but there would be like 2 drives back to back where we would get none.

No, Purguy, he's not.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like if we get to the ten yard line on a day when our running game is clicking we call repeated pass plays, and if the pass game is clicking we will run repeated run plays. If this actually caught a team off guard once, I might accept it. But it doesn't.

The whole complaint about kaepernick not getting through his progressions is a little overblown in my opinion. He gets through them just fine at times, its not like he can't. He might lock on to a WR from time to time, but he hasn't even been a starter for two years yet. He is adjusting very well in my opinion and was the MVP of the game sunday.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like if we get to the ten yard line on a day when our running game is clicking we call repeated pass plays, and if the pass game is clicking we will run repeated run plays. If this actually caught a team off guard once, I might accept it. But it doesn't.

The whole complaint about kaepernick not getting through his progressions is a little overblown in my opinion. He gets through them just fine at times, its not like he can't. He might lock on to a WR from time to time, but he hasn't even been a starter for two years yet. He is adjusting very well in my opinion and was the MVP of the game sunday.

Yes, he was.

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would respectfully disagree with this. He is lucky to only have been picked off once. The Green Bay defense was reading him like a book when he was throwing the ball. Next week we may not be so lucky. He has tunnel vision when he throws. Not good!

I agree with the special teams. LJ thinks too long when returning kicks. I watched him hesitate a couple of times when fielding the ball. And he needs to know when to take a knee in the endzone.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would respectfully disagree with this. He is lucky to only have been picked off once. The Green Bay defense was reading him like a book when he was throwing the ball. Next week we may not be so lucky. He has tunnel vision when he throws. Not good!

I agree with the special teams. LJ thinks too long when returning kicks. I watched him hesitate a couple of times when fielding the ball. And he needs to know when to take a knee in the endzone.

I never saw a QB win so much and get so much negative talk. Almost doesn't count. U can say that at least once a game with any QB. All I have to say 3-0 against Rogers and he is the main reason we beat GB all 3 of those times.

In my opinion and most experts he is fine with his Field awareness. is he Brady or Peyton No but his field awareness helps him get big first downs with his legs. Most QBs get sacked instead he gained 23, 44 and 11 yards on the ground.

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never saw a QB win so much and get so much negative talk. Almost doesn't count. U can say that at least once a game with any QB. All I have to say 3-0 against Rogers and he is the main reason we beat GB all 3 of those times.

In my opinion and most experts he is fine with his Field awareness. is he Brady or Peyton No but his field awareness helps him get big first downs with his legs. Most QBs get sacked instead he gained 23, 44 and 11 yards on the ground.
His awareness and run game are outstanding. I just wish he would make it a little less obvious where he is throwing the ball.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His awareness and run game are outstanding. I just wish he would make it a little less obvious where he is throwing the ball.

Ok I will give u that. He sometimes he is obvious but its not all the time. The guy makes plays that's all I care about.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timeout and clock mismanagement is likely a combination of things. Might have to do with the fact that we have a large offensive playbook. Roman might be undecided on which plays to call and gets them in late. Kaepernick might take too long to adjust at the LoS when he has. The players might be lining up in the wrong spots like we saw a couple of times yesterday.

Three years one would think these things would be fixed, but I guess not.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank god kap wasn't picked on a sure INT late in the game. Or we would have lost That game. Kap responded real well after that. He doesn't let bad plays effect him.

Kap played good yesterday. It was great to see. Still some room for improvement though.

Our clock management is by far the most disgusting thing our team has and it needs to be fixed. I wish the reporters would hammer roman, Harbs and the players on this more.

Red zone offense is killing us and keeping games a lot closer than they could be. I just don't get the play calling half the time. But you also gotta credit opposing defenses.

Not much to complain about on defense. We get too spoiled with them sometines that when they let up plays we aren't used to it. They just need to keep it tight like they have all year and we will be fine. Just don't play like they did last years playoff run.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh refuses to believe or at least to admit to there being a problem in those areas.

I'm curious where you got that from. Harbaugh is full of shit with everything he says (and don't get me wrong, I love that about him), so you clearly aren't basing that assessment on anything he has said publicly. Do you have some sort of inside source that we don't know about?

I think he can definitely think its a problem without saying it in a press conference.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious where you got that from. Harbaugh is full of shit with everything he says (and don't get me wrong, I love that about him), so you clearly aren't basing that assessment on anything he has said publicly. Do you have some sort of inside source that we don't know about?

I think he can definitely think its a problem without saying it in a press conference.

Of course I am; that and his actions, or lack thereof, in response to problem areas. I actually think he trys to stay so positive all the time that he can't or won't see a problem. How else can you explain the clock management and timeout situation or the refusal to see that his team cannot run block on short yardage plays; things like that.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I am; that and his actions, or lack thereof, in response to problem areas. I actually think he trys to stay so positive all the time that he can't or won't see a problem. How else can you explain the clock management and timeout situation or the refusal to see that his team cannot run block on short yardage plays; things like that.

Kap fucks up a lot and the Oline fucks up a lot and/or Roman fucks up a lot but there's no real alternative (meaning their replacements would do even worse)?

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Purguy, he's not.
:agree:Kap is a 'one look wonder' but he is getting better at his reads. What concerns me here is a simple fact that no recent QB (not sure about the past) has won a SB with his ability to run with the ball. I do agree that play calling might be an issue with his reads. His running might be designed...if you see nothing ,run!

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, it seemed that the 49ers tried to run the ball just to get passing going. They are 30th in passing and 3rd in rushing. It's like the 1st two drives where they kicked FGs. They had 5 pass plays and 1 run play inside the 10 yardline.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, it seemed that the 49ers tried to run the ball just to get passing going. They are 30th in passing and 3rd in rushing. It's like the 1st two drives where they kicked FGs. They had 5 pass plays and 1 run play inside the 10 yardline.

Perhaps the early passing was designed to set up the running for later in the game ala Bill Walsh but the failure to score on the first two drives killed that idea. kaepernick seemed to not have much problem passing in those condtions though.