• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is up with the digital NHL playoff logos?

DesiredFan382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like this started last year but why did the NHL take off the playoff logos on the ice to replace them with digital logos that I guess are used by a screen projector I would assume. When your watching TV it gets pretty annoying to see the digital logo moving around. I am not sure why the NHL made this change I mean players aren’t slipping on the ice. I mean if it ain’t broke don’t fix it same thing goes with the NBA playoff logos why take them off when they were their for at least 15 years or so.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like this started last year but why did the NHL take off the playoff logos on the ice to replace them with digital logos that I guess are used by a screen projector I would assume. When your watching TV it gets pretty annoying to see the digital logo moving around. I am not sure why the NHL made this change I mean players aren’t slipping on the ice. I mean if it ain’t broke don’t fix it same thing goes with the NBA playoff logos why take them off when they were their for at least 15 years or so.
With COVID and not being able to have fans in the stands, the NHL had to find all kinds of ways to keep money coming in. This was a big way to get more money, as was adding ads on helmets. They also put digital ads on the "glass" behind the nets. And unfortunately, once they figure out how to make a penny, they will stick with it. I don't expect they will ever go away. I can only hope the technology gets better.

I agree, it's distracting with how they shake on screen. Plus I have seen several times that not only does the puck kinda vanish going through there, but sometimes it shows up on the white of the away jerseys.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree in this case and in this one:

Good points.