• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is REALLY wrong with the Dodgers?

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the "official unofficial board GM of the Dodgers", I have one word that puts everything the Dodgers are going through right now in perspective:

INJURIES!!

1. Kemp is STILL not 100% after shoulder surgery and his numbers bare that out.

2. Crawford is not 100% yet either

3. Our pitching depth has fortunately kept us from being Astro-like. But, With Billingsley out until next May, Lilly about to retire due to another injury AND Capuano nursing an injury, the kids (McGill, Fife, maybe even Zach Lee) are going to have to win meaningful games for us to survive.

4. Han Ram hurt AGAIN.... him not in the lineup is KILLING us more than it probably should. He needs to make sure he is 100% and THEN come back. I am thinking you could do one of 3 things at that point with the way Dee Gordon is playing... a) move Gordon to 2B and Ellis to 3B b) move Gordon to 3B or c) move Han Ram to 3B.... Cruz was obviously not the right guy to be a starter and also Uribe, while hot right now, is STREAKY.

Worst of all, A Gone is hurt and might be gone for a LOOOONG time. This is VERY VERY Bad...

In the end, some no names and young kids, along with Ethier and AJ Ellis will need to pick it up and hope everyone else gets it together AND fast...

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought your suggestion that Ellis might be considered for 3B was interesting. I've had that thought cross my mind, but I'm not sure he has the arm to play the position.

At this point in time, I think the Dodgers should go with Gordon at SS with Hanley Ramirez at 3B, until the Dodgers can either acquire another SS or 3B so Gordon can return to AAA and continue to learn how to play the position and get on base.

I agree that the root cause of a 13-19 record has been injuries. I believe if all the Dodger players were healthy and able to play every day that their record could realistically be 19-13 or better.

But, we have to stick with the reality of the situation and until we get all the pieces back in place, this is going to be an ugly season.

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, KSU, nice to see you joining the other CBS refugees here. Injuries have no doubt been a big part of the Dodgers' failure to date, probably even the biggest part. I think it's more complicated than that though. Mattingly has made some dumb managerial mistakes in critical situations that cost us games. And then there has been a slowness to move players to the DL and bring up replacements, as well as a slowness to deal with a few non-performing players. Whether those last two are on Mattingly or Coletti I'm not sure and it doesn't make much difference anyway. Usually catastrophes like this result from several factors all lining up at the same time. However, injuries typically heal in time, but boneheadedness by management may not change until the owners decide they've had enough. Regardless, it's clear that the Dodgers are in a sad state of affairs at the moment with no signs of that changing soon.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look how bad the Dodgers offense is going into tonight's game.

Attachments

• dodgers-offense.jpg
    dodgers-offense.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 40

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty pathetic. :lame: