• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is everyone's handicap?

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing he talked himself into that 97.

Really wasn't doing that bad for me (70 through 14) but had to WD for the final four

bulging disc in the back couldn't take anymore swings :(

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bookoo? Are you ex military? I've only heard that term from my army days many, many moons ago. I'd forgotten about it.

dunno where and when (probably in the 1960s) it first entered my lexicon, but I've used it bookoo ever since.

:suds:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3: Conyers? are your riding your bike? Jealous, though, Cherokee Run is a gorgeous, deadly track - should be lush as hell...don't forget your DEET.

I've never had a handicap but have played my whole life...peaked during college (worked at the MSU Golf Course - played 36>54 holes a day after closing; polo golf)...haven't kept a scorecard in 20 years...whenever possible, play 'Clinton Rules' - unlimited mulligans except on the greens. I've been blessed (by luck, circumstances, extensive travel, connections, expense accts, etc) to play bookoo glorious runs all over the world, but my favorite was the old East Lake GC course in the late 1980s...I was one of a couple hundred guys who shared minimum maintenance costs...'goat ranch' might properly describe the conditions...but we didn't care...ELGC was St. Bobby's home course...something magical about taking a piss on the same huge live oak that Bobby Jones hisself did 50 years earlier.

ps...playing East Lake nowadays is as easy as copping a time at the Augusta National.:bawling:
East Lake Golf Club*Home Page

Cherokee...sounds like you know it well...it's a nice haul coming from north Gwinnett...hadn't been out there since maybe '09 or '10, but played it several times...the zoysia FWs were so nice...target golf.

When my daughter was going to GSU they rented in an apartment not far from EL...I've got an open invite to play EL, my golf buddy is in the medical field...one of the docs is a member...just not ready to fork over $200...walked it several times...I had a friend that handled valet parking for the practice round...used to help him out and got free passes.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really wasn't doing that bad for me (70 through 14) but had to WD for the final four

bulging disc in the back couldn't take anymore swings :(

Oh...man, on your way to something decent...sorry to hear that...bad back and golf are tough...told my wife no more moving...not me anyway, saving my back for sex and golf, or golf and sex...either order will work!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dunno where and when (probably in the 1960s) it first entered my lexicon, but I've used it bookoo ever since.

:suds:

Makes sense. It was the bastardized version of the French word "Beaucoup" meaning "many or much" in English that the GI's in Viet Nam picked up from the Vietnamese hookers and street merchants.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh...man, on your way to something decent...sorry to hear that...bad back and golf are tough...told my wife no more moving...not me anyway, saving my back for sex and golf, or golf and sex...either order will work!

Ha ha! What if you had to choose between the two?

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cherokee...sounds like you know it well...it's a nice haul coming from north Gwinnett...hadn't been out there since maybe '09 or '10, but played it several times...the zoysia FWs were so nice...target golf.

When my daughter was going to GSU they rented in an apartment not far from EL...I've got an open invite to play EL, my golf buddy is in the medical field...one of the docs is a member...just not ready to fork over $200...walked it several times...I had a friend that handled valet parking for the practice round...used to help him out and got free passes.

Remembering unique, challenging attributes of courses I've liked playing is as hard as remembering the lyrics of songs I've liked listening to...all I remember about Cherokee is that I enjoyed the experience.

v'lived in ATL and travelled throughout the southeast since 1980...there aren't many superior lays out there I've not been humbled on...and that, my friend, is why (were I you) I'd scrape that $200 up wiki wiki and do ELGC!!! It's the kind of run that kicks your ass through all 18, then lifts you up gently and says: "yall come back now, hear?" I reveled on that course at it's worst...playing it at its best would be nothing short of sublime. DO IT!

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I bet you still love the game. Its a funny game that way. To some it comes naturally but to most it doesn't. Even at 10 years old I could shoot 42 for nine holes, but to many the game remains a mystery. Everyone can play but hardly anybody plays the game well yet we all seem to enjoy it.

Yeah, very true people can enjoy it regardless of their skill level. I don't have a handicap because I don't belong to a course or play in tournaments that require me to need a handicap. I play with my dad (who has a handicap) and the people he golfs with when I get a chance. I never expect to beat them, my dad is a scratch golfer, and we don't play against each other but I still enjoy going out to play and just trying to better my score, hit good shots, and see what I can shoot. I'm probably about a 15 handicap this summer because I have been too busy with work to play much.

Another interesting thing about golf is my dad started playing golf in college and is now a scratch golfer. I started casually playing from a really young age, and still am nowhere near where he is. We also only hit a few shots on the range, if any at all, before we start our round.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, very true people can enjoy it regardless of their skill level. I don't have a handicap because I don't belong to a course or play in tournaments that require me to need a handicap. I play with my dad (who has a handicap) and the people he golfs with when I get a chance. I never expect to beat them, my dad is a scratch golfer, and we don't play against each other but I still enjoy going out to play and just trying to better my score, hit good shots, and see what I can shoot. I'm probably about a 15 handicap this summer because I have been too busy with work to play much.

Another interesting thing about golf is my dad started playing golf in college and is now a scratch golfer. I started casually playing from a really young age, and still am nowhere near where he is. We also only hit a few shots on the range, if any at all, before we start our round.

Hence the old adage: Golf is like sex. You don't have to be good at it to enjoy it.

I also started at a very young age but without any instruction at all. Once I got serious about golf, it took me years to unlearn all those bad habits I had developed.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough call T...4 hours of fun vs maybe 20 mins...long, long, long pause here...golf....other ways to get an orgasm :nod:

20 minutes? You go man! Reminds me of a story an old guy told me a long time ago when some of us young bucks asked him if he could still do it. He said "yep, but only for about 5 minutes". And when someone commented about how that must suck for the woman, he said "Not my problem, she started the same time as me and if she can't get there, that's on her".

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodney_Dance_Caddyshack1.gif

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
21.2 index, started playing 4 years ago. Slow learner but improving everyday. My target is mid 80s. Golf is great.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 minutes? You go man! Reminds me of a story an old guy told me a long time ago when some of us young bucks asked him if he could still do it. He said "yep, but only for about 5 minutes". And when someone commented about how that must suck for the woman, he said "Not my problem, she started the same time as me and if she can't get there, that's on her".

LOL!!

20 mins...that's foreplay included...lol