• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is everybody's thoughts on Kobe Bryant?

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not debatable at all. Kobe is great, no doubt. But Magic is the greatest Laker and that's unlikely to change any time soon.
May I know what makes you put Magic above Kobe as GOAT Laker? Not arguing tho.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May I know what makes you put Magic above Kobe as GOAT Laker? Not arguing tho.

Magic was a better all around player and found multiple ways of helping the team win the team win. As great as Kobe has been and even though his being a "ball hog" is a bit overstated, end of the day, his main way of helping the team win is through his scoring.

Plus, I consider Magic to be right up there with MJ in the GOAT conversation and have Kobe just on the outside of that conversation.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic was a better all around player and found multiple ways of helping the team win the team win. As great as Kobe has been and even though his being a "ball hog" is a bit overstated, end of the day, his main way of helping the team win is through his scoring.

Plus, I consider Magic to be right up there with MJ in the GOAT conversation and have Kobe just on the outside of that conversation.
I absolutely agree with this. One of the things that I considered for making this argument is that Kobe was not as good at making players better then Magic Johnson. Magic Johnson had a gift that Kobe simply never had.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Kobe.

Top 10 though, imo.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Kobe.

Top 10 though, imo.

Oh, I definitely have him top 10 all time, but sitting at about #9. I have both Magic and Kareem ahead of him on my all-time list, which keeps him from being #1 on my all time Lakers list.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I definitely have him top 10 all time, but sitting at about #9. I have both Magic and Kareem ahead of him on my all-time list, which keeps him from being #1 on my all time Lakers list.

I'd agree, but not for the real reasons you have mentioned. I think Magic and Kareem, in addition to their greatness, revolutionized their positions. Kobe shouldn't be penalized because he didn't do the things Magic did in terms of helping his team in multiple facets. That wasn't Kobe's job.

Kobe's role wasn't to be a play maker. He was supposed to be what he was and he was great at that.

Reactions: LAD

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Magic and Kareem are above Kobe on my GOAT list. But I don't know why I put Kobe above those 2 on my Greatest Laker list. Because Kobe as a Laker is just something I can't explain. When I see a Lakers jersey, the first player comes to my mind is Kobe, not Magic.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not debatable at all. Kobe is great, no doubt. But Magic is the greatest Laker and that's unlikely to change any time soon.

I know there isn't supposed to be a right or wrong answer on a matter of opinion like this, but in my mind there's no question that Magic is the greatest Laker. If Wilt or Kareem played their entire careers with the Lakers, there would be a debate, but they didn't. Magic was simply magic. There's no better single word to describe him. Every time he stepped on the floor, he made magic happen. There's really no other player like him in the history of the NBA. He's a very, very unique all-time great. He made the game fun for his teammates and the fans.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Magic and Kareem are above Kobe on my GOAT list. But I don't know why I put Kobe above those 2 on my Greatest Laker list. Because Kobe as a Laker is just something I can't explain. When I see a Lakers jersey, the first player comes to my mind is Kobe, not Magic.

How old are you? When did you start following the NBA? I started watching basketball in the '80s. When I think Lakers, it's definitely Magic who comes to mind first.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How old are you? When did you start following the NBA? I started watching basketball in the '80s. When I think Lakers, it's definitely Magic who comes to mind first.

Been following the Lakers since 1970, so I got to see Wilt, the Logo, Kareem, etc.

Magic is the first player that comes to my mind as well.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been following the Lakers since 1970, so I got to see Wilt, the Logo, Kareem, etc.

Magic is the first player that comes to my mind as well.

Because you have followed the team since 1970, you have a perspective that many of us don't have. That's pretty cool, man.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is better than any player in the Suns' history, fact.