• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What If...

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. It's got a lot of offensive talent. Not sure the defense is championship caliber though so that would take some sting out of it.

Our only chance at winning with another Mike Tomlin team is Ben to play lights out and overcome the horrible coaching and preparation. I'm not sure Ben's that type of player anymore though. We'll see.

I don't think Ben is that type of guy anymore. Unfortunately, I think we've seen the best of Ben and I think we've seen the best of the Steelers for a while. AB is always gonna ball out, whether it's Ben or Dobbs or Mason, I think. I think this defense will always be "scary" to most teams, especially if guys like Watt, Tuitt and our Secondary get better and better. Just feel like with this explosive offense, we should not be tying with the Browns. Or only being able to score FGs against a Chiefs team in the playoffs at home.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben is always a beast in November & December. Very shaky in Sept & Oct. Status quo if ya ask me.

Maybe if he wasn't so shaky in Sept and Oct, he wouldn't have to ball out so hard just to make the playoffs and could save some juice for the playoffs.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant remember how good the Bills defense was those 4 straight SB's they lost but I would guess this Steelers team would be a decent comparison? The Steelers defense is certainly the biggest weakness but they have buckled down and been dominant at times late in the season. If the offense can get a rhythm going, they can certainly put up points but as we all know...the Steelers are pretty inconsistent historically.

I agree with ATL96Steeler about this year and the next being their window to pull it off but after that...its anyone's guess.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant remember how good the Bills defense was those 4 straight SB's they lost but I would guess this Steelers team would be a decent comparison? The Steelers defense is certainly the biggest weakness but they have buckled down and been dominant at times late in the season. If the offense can get a rhythm going, they can certainly put up points but as we all know...the Steelers are pretty inconsistent historically.

I agree with ATL96Steeler about this year and the next being their window to pull it off but after that...its anyone's guess.

I agree as well. This year and next year are the last years these windows are open.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Ben is that type of guy anymore. Unfortunately, I think we've seen the best of Ben and I think we've seen the best of the Steelers for a while. AB is always gonna ball out, whether it's Ben or Dobbs or Mason, I think. I think this defense will always be "scary" to most teams, especially if guys like Watt, Tuitt and our Secondary get better and better. Just feel like with this explosive offense, we should not be tying with the Browns. Or only being able to score FGs against a Chiefs team in the playoffs at home.

Ben is only as good as his pass pro now...I'm not as enamored with the OFC overall. They need a TE and a WR3 to step up and be consistent week in week out.

If they do make it back to the SB it will be because that young DEF has finally found themselves.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben is only as good as his pass pro now...I'm not as enamored with the OFC overall. They need a TE and a WR3 to step up and be consistent week in week out.

If they do make it back to the SB it will be because that young DEF has finally found themselves.
James Washington. Get him off the bench.

The has-beens shouldn't be playing over him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. It's got a lot of offensive talent. Not sure the defense is championship caliber though so that would take some sting out of it.

Our only chance at winning with another Mike Tomlin team is Ben to play lights out and overcome the horrible coaching and preparation. I'm not sure Ben's that type of player anymore though. We'll see.

I'm not sure the OFC is going to be all we expect...they need a TE and a WR3 to surface pretty quickly.

If we're just being honest here...it's not the games vs the Browns, etc. that have held PIT back...it's Tomlin's inability to beat NE....home or away, it hasn't mattered.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Washington. Get him off the bench.

The has-beens shouldn't be playing over him.

I think he had something physical holding him back last week...but even with him, we're basically asking for another Juju type rookie season from the kid...that's not a given.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfortunately, i'm expecting exactly this very thing to happen. this core of players and coaches will not participate in a Superbowl. Oh well, is what it is. Enjoy the regular season wins.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he had something physical holding him back last week...but even with him, we're basically asking for another Juju type rookie season from the kid...that's not a given.
He translated his college production to our pre-season. Earned Dobbs his job for him.

The kid has it, the Steelers know it, and drafted him in the 2nd. But they're playing the old vets for what?

He needs to get on the field. So does Ridley and Samuels. I put a lot of the blame for Conner's fumble on Tomlin for gassing him into the 4th quarter to prove a point.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He translated his college production to our pre-season. Earned Dobbs his job for him.

The kid has it, the Steelers know it, and drafted him in the 2nd. But they're playing the old vets for what?

He needs to get on the field. So does Ridley and Samuels. I put a lot of the blame for Conner's fumble on Tomlin for gassing him into the 4th quarter to prove a point.

Yeah, but we've seen plenty of 1st round CFB WRs not do it on this level. I've seen some glimpses of what Washington can do...now we need to see it in real games. From reading the cliff notes, it sounds like they just didn't think he was ready week 1 on the road but he should see more snaps this week.

Connor...yeah I wanted to blame Tomlin as well, but I also buy into the theory of not putting a fresh ball carrier in there with a wet ball.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but we've seen plenty of 1st round CFB WRs not do it on this level. I've seen some glimpses of what Washington can do...now we need to see it in real games. From reading the cliff notes, it sounds like they just didn't think he was ready week 1 on the road but he should see more snaps this week.

Connor...yeah I wanted to blame Tomlin as well, but I also buy into the theory of not putting a fresh ball carrier in there with a wet ball.
And those ball carriers should have been mixed into the game in the first half, too.

There is no good reason to make the guys first start be like that. Conner did an excellent job, but you have other RB's for a reason.

ESPECIALLY after he got his knee rolled.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure the OFC is going to be all we expect...they need a TE and a WR3 to surface pretty quickly.

If we're just being honest here...it's not the games vs the Browns, etc. that have held PIT back...it's Tomlin's inability to beat NE....home or away, it hasn't mattered.
Well, the games versus the bad teams have cost them field position and there was Jacksonville last year as well. Tomlin just doesn't seem to be very good at having his teams prepared and/or focused.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And those ball carriers should have been mixed into the game in the first half, too.

There is no good reason to make the guys first start be like that. Conner did an excellent job, but you have other RB's for a reason.

ESPECIALLY after he got his knee rolled.

Agreed...I think at some point the decision was made to let the guys that had been handling the ball be the guys to handling it as the weather got worse...Ben, Switzer, Connor, and a few WRs.

I thought Fichtner was going to be more diverse...we shall see...BAL is early so maybe they're holding something back...lol.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the games versus the bad teams have cost them field position and there was Jacksonville last year as well. Tomlin just doesn't seem to be very good at having his teams prepared and/or focused.

No push back on that BB (aside from JAX being a bad team...lol)...that's been Tomlin's history..but they haven't beaten NE at home or away really.

The HC always shoulders some blame when you lose or in this case lose a dbl digit lead in the 4Q, but idk how much control you have over a 6 turnover performance, 3 by your star QB.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No push back on that BB (aside from JAX being a bad team...lol)...that's been Tomlin's history..but they haven't beaten NE at home or away really.

The HC always shoulders some blame when you lose or in this case lose a dbl digit lead in the 4Q, but idk how much control you have over a 6 turnover performance, 3 by your star QB.
True enough. And Tomlin is probably taking the blame for this from me just because it's a loss to a bad team and that's what Tomlin teams are known for.

I still think if the offense didn't go into turtle mode with the lead we would have still won the game.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys are forgetting how fragile the AFC is right now. There are probably only 4-5 teams that have a realistic shot at running through the playoffs to the Super Bowl. New England is the favorite, but I don't think its even close to a sure thing to count on Gronk and Brady to stay healthy this year. And the back-up plan at QB is not in their favor. KC has to be considered a contender until you remember that they have Andy Reid over there just waiting to fuck up another playoff game. I'd put Bill O'Brien in that same category - It doesn't matter how good the Texans might be, I'm fairly sure O'Brien will fuck up their chances. And then you have Jax.... They probably should have gone last year, but it's hard to count on a Bortles led team to run the table in the playoffs.

If Ben stays healthy, Pittsburgh could easily win the war of attrition.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True enough. And Tomlin is probably taking the blame for this from me just because it's a loss to a bad team and that's what Tomlin teams are known for.

I still think if the offense didn't go into turtle mode with the lead we would have still won the game.

Agreed. There were several ifs that could've led to a win last week...notably a makeable FG...lol

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys are forgetting how fragile the AFC is right now. There are probably only 4-5 teams that have a realistic shot at running through the playoffs to the Super Bowl. New England is the favorite, but I don't think its even close to a sure thing to count on Gronk and Brady to stay healthy this year. And the back-up plan at QB is not in their favor. KC has to be considered a contender until you remember that they have Andy Reid over there just waiting to fuck up another playoff game. I'd put Bill O'Brien in that same category - It doesn't matter how good the Texans might be, I'm fairly sure O'Brien will fuck up their chances. And then you have Jax.... They probably should have gone last year, but it's hard to count on a Bortles led team to run the table in the playoffs.

If Ben stays healthy, Pittsburgh could easily win the war of attrition.

Just going on the assumption that everyone keeps most of their top players healthy...NE is looking at a 13 win type season and the 1 seed...at the end of the day we're really saying or asking, who can go in there and beat them?

While Tomlin has not done that, I think PIT has the best team to do it...but maybe not the best coaching staff to do it. In the meantime I'll soak up these games we have.