• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What If...

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...#7 doesn't happen with this group of guys?

We have the best RB in the league, best WR in the league, a first ballot HoF QB and a top 10 offense since 2014...what happens if we don't win a Super Bowl with this squad? Will this go down in history as one of the best teams to NEVER at least make it to a Super Bowl, not to mention, win a Super Bowl?

How many other teams in NFL history can say they've had this caliber of talent and have nothing to show for it?

What brings this question to my mind is this: We won't have the best RB in the league next year and our first ballot HoF QB doesn't look like such anymore and our defense is lackluster at best.

If #7 doesn't happen with this group of guys, when do you guys see it happening?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be disappointing, and not out of character.

Tomlin has squandered better iterations of this team in mediocrity than this one.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be disappointing, and not out of character.

Tomlin has squandered better iterations of this team in mediocrity than this one.

What Steelers teams had better talent the talent that's been on this team since 2014?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Steelers teams had better talent the talent that's been on this team since 2014?
I'd say last years team was as stacked, if not better than this one.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say last years team was as stacked, if not better than this one.

Well I'm talking about the talent we've had since 2014, which encompasses all of the Steelers teams of the last 4 years. If we don't at least make it to a Super Bowl with the talent we've had over the last 4-5 years...it's gotta be the biggest disappointment in NFL history, no?

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm talking about the talent we've had since 2014, which encompasses all of the Steelers teams of the last 4 years. If we don't at least make it to a Super Bowl with the talent we've had over the last 4-5 years...it's gotta be the biggest disappointment in NFL history, no?
Nope!

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coming off back to back SB wins. Has what is considered the best Steeler D ever. Loaded on Offense. Failed to reach SB, lost in AFC Championship round.

/thread

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coming off back to back SB wins. Has what is considered the best Steeler D ever. Loaded on Offense. Failed to reach SB, lost in AFC Championship round.

/thread

Not /thread...

We won Super Bowls with that group of guys that was on the 76 roster. So they are an invalid answer to my question because we've achieved the grand prize with those same guys. Those were the same guys on that 76 team. Then we won with practically the same squad again in 78 and 79.

We've never been to a Super Bowl with that could arguably be the best offensive roster in the league from 2014 til now. What team can say they've had this much talent on one team for this long and not made it to the Super Bowl? I can't think of ANY team that can say that.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have the best RB in the league, best WR in the league, a first ballot HoF QB and a top 10 offense since 2014...what happens if we don't win a Super Bowl with this squad? Will this go down in history as one of the best teams to NEVER at least make it to a Super Bowl, not to mention, win a Super Bowl?

How many other teams in NFL history can say they've had this caliber of talent and have nothing to show for it?

What brings this question to my mind is this: We won't have the best RB in the league next year and our first ballot HoF QB doesn't look like such anymore and our defense is lackluster at best.

If #7 doesn't happen with this group of guys, when do you guys see it happening?

You start over...I'm looking at the window of opportunity to win a SB as this season and next season....after that all bets are off.

But looking at the team.

OFC...QB, RB, WR, OL, Juju is still young, but proving to be a solid WR2 to go with a true WR1, if Connor holds up he looks like a solid RB1...collectively the OL is one of the best in the league...where are the holes? TE, and WR3, unproven OC.

Yes, you can win a SB with this group imo.

DEF...DL, LOLB, LILB, LCB, those are your legit position players. Everywhere else the have players that are still in the proving ground. If those players prove themselves, I think they can win a SB with this group.

What if it doesn't happen...to repeat, depending on how they finish the '19 season, I think you start over. If it's a close but no cigar type season, maybe they try to squeeze one more year out of Ben.

If they just look bad, I think you turn the page. New HC, QB, try to find another edge guy for Dupree, continue turning over the OL with Gilbert as Foster should be gone after this season.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. It's got a lot of offensive talent. Not sure the defense is championship caliber though so that would take some sting out of it.

Our only chance at winning with another Mike Tomlin team is Ben to play lights out and overcome the horrible coaching and preparation. I'm not sure Ben's that type of player anymore though. We'll see.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not /thread...

We won Super Bowls with that group of guys that was on the 76 roster. So they are an invalid answer to my question because we've achieved the grand prize with those same guys. Those were the same guys on that 76 team. Then we won with practically the same squad again in 78 and 79.

We've never been to a Super Bowl with that could arguably be the best offensive roster in the league from 2014 til now. What team can say they've had this much talent on one team for this long and not made it to the Super Bowl? I can't think of ANY team that can say that.

You obviously don't know what you're talking about here, so I'm done engaging with someone who won't listen when the answers don't match their narrative.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. It's got a lot of offensive talent. Not sure the defense is championship caliber though so that would take some sting out of it.

Our only chance at winning with another Mike Tomlin team is Ben to play lights out and overcome the horrible coaching and preparation. I'm not sure Ben's that type of player anymore though. We'll see.
Ben looked like toast early on last season. We thought he was washed up after that first beatdown against Jacksonville.

But he bounced back.

Club Med for the vets in the offseason doesn't do the team any favors.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

your basically only talking about bell and Brown... Big Ben hasn't been a top 5 QB in years...

Sure big ben is a first balloter, but that is not saying he has been consistently great... He has been seen to be a HOME FIELD QB for YEARS Now...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously don't know what you're talking about here, so I'm done engaging with someone who won't listen when the answers don't match their narrative.
Is Terry being Terry again?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben looked like toast early on last season. We thought he was washed up after that first beatdown against Jacksonville.

But he bounced back.

Club Med for the vets in the offseason doesn't do the team any favors.
Ben is always a beast in November & December. Very shaky in Sept & Oct. Status quo if ya ask me.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben is always a beast in November & December. Very shaky in Sept & Oct. Status quo if ya ask me.
It would be swell to not have to back our way into the playoffs, like they usually do.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everything I've said is factually correct.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm saying is that it would be a huge waste of talent if we don't at least make a Super Bowl appearance with the core team that we have here. I feel like since 2014, this has been the most talented group of players on one single roster.

Bell, Brown, Ben, top 10 offense since 2014, top 10 defense the last two years.

I feel like I am posing a very debatable question that could bring up very good conversation, so I don't know why "Is Terry being Terry?" is a question being posed here like it adds anything to the conversation. If you want me to, I could go back to being a real fucking jerk like I used to be.