• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What happened to our Defense?

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the issue is much deeper than not tackling properly. The league mandates that anything above the shoulders is a penalty (except for the cowboys) and although I can't prove it, players aren't inclined to hit at or below a certain part of the legs. Using a hand on a leg or foot seems to be OK, however, these guys make their living with their legs and aren't inclined to run full force or at one another's wheels. What we end up seeing is a bunch of knock downs, where one guy slams into the other up top, grabbing around the midsection or chest, then, maybe a slide down to the legs or worse, as mentioned, attempts to strip the ball. It's all probably an unmentioned rule among players.

sty, I agree with you on what you said but I also think that a lot of the poor tackling that we are seeing throughout the NFL is because many of these multi-million dollar athletes, who are so uneducated they can't even construct a proper sentence, are afraid to make a big hit fearing injury which would cause their value to go down considerably if they were to become injured. I see so many more body tackles and push downs than I remember seeing in the past rather than actual take downs and wrapping up the ball carrier. I know, the rules have changed, and you don't dare hit a QB too hard.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is Joe Gibbs and his great coaching staff when we need him the most?

I believe that he is more interested in left turns than football right now!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the comp picks Guaranteed?

Redskins should have four compensatory picks coming their way

I know that this article is from earlier in the year, but everything should still apply. See the tail end of the article. The Skins should receive picks since they lost Cousins, Long, Grant & Pryor (don't think it matters that Pryor was subsequently cut). The signing of Richardson cancels out gaining a pick for losing Murphy.

I think that all that is being determined now is the rd for these picks. Curious if anyone else can elaborate on any of this. Thx.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins should have four compensatory picks coming their way

I know that this article is from earlier in the year, but everything should still apply. See the tail end of the article. The Skins should receive picks since they lost Cousins, Long, Grant & Pryor (don't think it matters that Pryor was subsequently cut). The signing of Richardson cancels out gaining a pick for losing Murphy.

I think that all that is being determined now is the rd for these picks. Curious if anyone else can elaborate on any of this. Thx.

those are the ones we will get

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any thoughts? They started the year off so impressive, but the last few games, they have sucked. Injuries have hit, but not that bad. The front 3 are as good as any in football. But our LBs (including our OLBs) have really not played well. And as usual, our secondary can't tackle. How many years have we been complaining about that?
Signing Clinton Dix was a mistake.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought he would be better , he hasnt been

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he has done very well at both I might add.

The only thing he was mediocre at was JG II @ football but he is the only coach to have two winning seasons in those four years. It just shows the toxicity of ownership under Snyder.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing he was mediocre at was JG II @ football but he is the only coach to have two winning seasons in those four years. It just shows the toxicity of ownership under Snyder.

True leadership is hard to find these days in all walks of life. When JGII left his NASCAR team to coach the Redskins briefly again his racing team slumped too under the direction of his son but as soon as he returned to JGR they became very competitive again.