• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What happened to our Defense?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only imagine what our FO will do next in an attempt to fill our needs.

I'd start with identifying who's currently tradeable (and has value) on our roster. By tradeable I mean that there's someone ready to step in and do a job in his stead. We are going to need draft picks because I believe that at the moment we have 5 from round one to eight and possible 4 comp picks. We're going to need more in order to makes moves to get better players.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd start with identifying who's currently tradeable (and has value) on our roster. By tradeable I mean that there's someone ready to step in and do a job in his stead. We are going to need draft picks because I believe that at the moment we have 5 from round one to eight and possible 4 comp picks. We're going to need more in order to makes moves to get better players.
Crap. Is this right? We only have 5 picks in the next draft? We are screwed.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe we should start by trading our entire FO, but who would want them? Since this is not going to happen I agree with you about strong player evaluation on who is ready to fill in the gaps for tradeable players but I've got a feeling that our FO will not do this properly either. Have I told you lately that I don't have much faith in our FO?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will have 9 picks and 4 in the top 100

the only question is where the comp picks fall . 9 picks is enough though

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we should start by trading our entire FO, but who would want them? Since this is not going to happen I agree with you about strong player evaluation on who is ready to fill in the gaps for tradeable players but I've got a feeling that our FO will not do this properly either. Have I told you lately that I don't have much faith in our FO?

Sadly, any trade that we could make in that regard would play out in this manner...
OK, deal, our trading partner gets this player and we get that as compensation, after that the trading partner will want to know, how much are we willing to pay to get rid of our front office?:D

Gawd, we must have near unanimity on wanting to get rid of Bruce and Company!:gaah:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will have 9 picks and 4 in the top 100

the only question is where the comp picks fall . 9 picks is enough though

The 9 includes the comp picks correct? (1 third, 2 sixth and 1 seventh)

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, any trade that we could make in that regard would play out in this manner...
OK, deal, our trading partner gets this player and we get that as compensation, after that the trading partner will want to know, how much are we willing to pay to get rid of our front office?:D

Gawd, we must have near unanimity on wanting to get rid of Bruce and Company!:gaah:

We're not near unanimity, we are completely unanimous about how all of us Redskins fans feel about our inept FO!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not near unanimity, we are completely unanimous about how all of us Redskins fans feel about our inept FO!

Sorry about that, that was my positive take.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're doing great and no apology is necessary. How do I go about thinking positive?

Try this...When you're down or at rock bottom, the only direction left to look at is up!

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try this...When you're down or at rock bottom, the only direction left to look at is up!

Okay, I looked up but I'm still visualizing two QBs with both of them having broken legs and another QB who hasn't even received a copy of the playbook yet.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I looked up but I'm still visualizing two QBs with both of them having broken legs and another QB who hasn't even received a copy of the playbook yet.

We have to rebuild our offensive line, retool at least 3 QB slots, replace all of our starting LBers, get another WR or two, maybe a coaching change, especially defensively, make some tough decisions to make on whether or not to part with some fan favorites, and everyone's favorite, firing Bruce Allen. Considering all of that, it truly sounds like a rebuild to me.

Of course you know what rebuilds bring right? Renewed hope for our younger posters! C'mon man, ruining that for them is akin to telling a kid that there's no Santi Clause, Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy. Shhhhhhhhh!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if it is accurate, but it appeared on several occasions that P Smith was out of position on run plays & possibly not sticking w/ his assignments. I have no issue if they let this guy walk during the offseason. He makes spectacular plays at times but counters that by being a nonfactor on many other occasions.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - not just w/ the Redskins but other teams - do any DBs know how to tackle anymore? You constantly see these guys whiff or only try to strip the ball. With the exception of someone like Swearinger you rarely see the guys make a clean tackle & it often results in the offensive player picking up an addition 5 or 10+ yds on a given play. Pathetic.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to rebuild our offensive line, retool at least 3 QB slots, replace all of our starting LBers, get another WR or two, maybe a coaching change, especially defensively, make some tough decisions to make on whether or not to part with some fan favorites, and everyone's favorite, firing Bruce Allen. Considering all of that, it truly sounds like a rebuild to me.

Of course you know what rebuilds bring right? Renewed hope for our younger posters! C'mon man, ruining that for them is akin to telling a kid that there's no Santi Clause, Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy. Shhhhhhhhh!

It almost sounds like we are about to become an expansion team entering a major sport.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - not just w/ the Redskins but other teams - do any DBs know how to tackle anymore? You constantly see these guys whiff or only try to strip the ball. With the exception of someone like Swearinger you rarely see the guys make a clean tackle & it often results in the offensive player picking up an addition 5 or 10+ yds on a given play. Pathetic.

You make a great point because it appears the art of tackling is not being taught anymore by defensive coaches by tackling low and wrapping up the ball carrier.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make a great point because it appears the art of tackling is not being taught anymore by defensive coaches by tackling low and wrapping up the ball carrier.

I think that the issue is much deeper than not tackling properly. The league mandates that anything above the shoulders is a penalty (except for the cowboys) and although I can't prove it, players aren't inclined to hit at or below a certain part of the legs. Using a hand on a leg or foot seems to be OK, however, these guys make their living with their legs and aren't inclined to run full force or at one another's wheels. What we end up seeing is a bunch of knock downs, where one guy slams into the other up top, grabbing around the midsection or chest, then, maybe a slide down to the legs or worse, as mentioned, attempts to strip the ball. It's all probably an unmentioned rule among players.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coach 4 comp picks plus 5 picks equals 9