• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What does it mean "Not Ready Yet"?

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been able to come up with a definition for this term that the phillies management often use. How can guys like michael martinez, john mcdonald, steve dusuldorf, jake diekman, j.c. ramirez, laynce nix, etc. etc. be ready? and maikel franco and cody asche not be ready?

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the most realistic and honest terms, it pathetically means they have holes in their game.. which every player, on every level, at every age has. the whole mentally challenged concept is to leave them be in the minors so as many of these 'holes' can be fixed. problem being, it's rarely taken into account that some of these players, with their 'holes,' are still very good and better options than who they could and should be replacing.. thus, they can easily work on their problems at the MLB level.

some people are complete douchebags when it comes to holes. amaro is one of them. i believe he once said something like.. "we don't train players" or "we don't teach players" <- referring to the MLB phils.. something like that, when asked about prospects. meaning he doesn't want them unless they're fully ready.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WCP, I always thought RAJ saying they're "not ready yet" is just his excuse for either (a) bringing up them up to early and having them under perform which makes him look stupid or puts the player in a funk he can never get out of, or (b) bringing them up early means if they do become starts they will have to pay them huge contracts for longer.

@_phillies_, so guys like MM and diekman dont have holes? MM's hole is that he can't hit the ball out of the infield and diekman's hole is that he can't throw a strike to save his life.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear, the more I read about brain-dead Amare, the more I want to rip his lungs out. What a douche bag!!!!

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
in the most realistic and honest terms, it pathetically means they have holes in their game.. which every player, on every level, at every age has. the whole mentally challenged concept is to leave them be in the minors so as many of these 'holes' can be fixed. problem being, it's rarely taken into account that some of these players, with their 'holes,' are still very good and better options than who they could and should be replacing.. thus, they can easily work on their problems at the MLB level.

some people are complete douchebags when it comes to holes. amaro is one of them. i believe he once said something like.. "we don't train players" or "we don't teach players" <- referring to the MLB phils.. something like that, when asked about prospects. meaning he doesn't want them unless they're fully ready.

Here are a few examples of "holes in their game":
  • Howard against left handed hitters.
  • Howard chasing low and inside pitches.
  • Howard hitting into the shift.

It's holes like these that Rueben focuses on and refuses to reward players with such obvious holes...

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it means, for example, "I can't tell Jimmie he's being dumped for our youth movement. I'm his on-field daddy. We need each other."

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@_phillies_, so guys like MM and diekman dont have holes? MM's hole is that he can't hit the ball out of the infield and diekman's hole is that he can't throw a strike to save his life.[/QUOTE]

lol, maybe it's just me but on that play where Susdorf dropped the ball, the error wasn't the most shocking part of that play. I was so shocked that Diekman didn't walk in that run that the error was almost an afterthought.