• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do you get out of your team winning?

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple pride? Bragging rights? It was fun living in Pittsburgh when the Steelers won a playoff game or knocked off the best team in the leage. Awesome when the Pens won their 2 cups in a row but everybody else around me was a fan also so you really could brag or talk shit. Now that I live in "Enemy Territory" aka "Not Pittsburgh", I love it when my teams win.(Notice I didnt mention the Pirates?)
shamebag2.gif

I think what I like best about my team(s) winning is that I know that my entire family is watching and happy all at the same time. A close second is pride and wearing my jersey around that not many around here support. I can smack talk in a good way and 2/3 of my teams back it up with winning most of the time.

What do you all like most about your teams winning?

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just fun to pick a team and then have them win. Especially in a sport where it takes so much work to do so and in a league where the championship finalists aren't predetermined (cough, NBA). Just part of the competitive nature all sports fans have.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
/thread killer

ROOLZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I forget.

I'll let you know after one of my team's win something.

ROOLZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I do remember the early 90s.. ah.. prime of my life early 20s, a bad ass, and of course a Cowboys fan. It was nice when they were winning SBs because for every bandwagon homer fan, there were 10 complete blinded haters.

Being a fan of the Cowboys is different than any other team. When you beat the opposing team, you not only shut up the fans of that particular team, but you shut up all non Cowboys fans that were on the bandwagon hoping that team could beat the Cowboys.

As a Cowboys fan, it truly is an "us against the world" mentality.

dboy97

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see I was born in 1970 my favorite teams are
1. Boston Bruins last Stanley Cup 1972 I was a year and a half
2. Miami Dolphins last Superbowl 1972 I was a year and 2 months

3. Boston Red Sox 2007 was awesome but one of the other two would be sooooo much better

4. Boston Celtics 2008? YAWN

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it depends on the team. I get a lot more jacked up when my college team wins. This is because I shared classrooms and a weight room with a bunch of those guys while I was there so i really felt a lot of pride in them winning. Hell, I knew a bunch of the guys on a personal level and sthey were personable, funny, self depricating and really fun to be around. They also talked football constantly and I learned a lot by being around them. I have been out of Tech for 4 yearsnow but there is a residual effect I guess. I never say "we" when talking about pro temas, but I do when I talk about my college team. I guess it is because of the shared experience, education, degree, hangout places and all that other stuff.

As for pro teams, it is just fun to watch a team that you follow evolve intoa winner and get the ultimate payoff. bragging rights are also always fun to have, but I do not have the emotional attachment to pro teams that I do to my college team, but that is just my personal experience and perspective.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dboy97, you're a Dolphins fan? sooooo disappointing. I was 9 and 11 when the Bruins last won the Stanley Cup.

Rossinole

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how much I gambled.

dboy97

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dboy97, you're a Dolphins fan? sooooo disappointing. I was 9 and 11 when the Bruins last won the Stanley Cup.

Yep sorry to disappoint you but I am a Dolphins fan. Hey my favorite TV show as a kid was flipper.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Cowboys fan, it truly is an "us against the world" mentality.

Huh? The team that is one of the two biggest bandwagon teams (Cowboys and Yanks) in all of sports has a "us against the world" mentality?

ROOLZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Huh? The team that is one of the two biggest bandwagon teams (Cowboys and Yanks) in all of sports has a "us against the world" mentality?

It's to be expected that I have to take shit from my fellow Caps fans because i'm a Cowboy fan.

What I mean, since you couldn't figure it out through the context of the post, is that if you're not a Cowboys fan, you're rooting against them. No middle ground here.

The Cowboys have had 3 5-11 seasons since wining a SB. Anyone who claims to be a fan of the Cowboys is more than likely a life long fan that has stuck with them through the good and bad.

man explaining this shit is getting old.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's to be expected that I have to take shit from my fellow Caps fans because i'm a Cowboy fan.

What I mean, since you couldn't figure it out through the context of the post, is that if you're not a Cowboys fan, you're rooting against them. No middle ground here.

I don't know about that. I am pretty sure that AFC West fans could care less...

ROOLZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't know about that. I am pretty sure that AFC West fans could care less...

trust me. I know. If you're not a Cowboys fan, you're rooting against them.

opposing teams fan bases grow enormously when they play against the Cowboys.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....if the Cowgirls are playing the Steelers for example, the Raiders, Ravens, Broncos, Seahwaks et al...fans are all rooting for the Steelers? I doubt it. Maybe back in the 90s, but they are somewhat of a non-factor now. I would guess that the Pats, Steelers, Colts etc...have more haters than Dallas now.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When my team wins, I get a sum of money ranging between $100 and $10 000. Needless to say, I really enjoy when my team wins.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just enjoy the experience and the sense of accomplishment.