• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do you drive?

anythingispossible

Dangling Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are not the actual pictures but close enough. It's winter here and I'm not digging them out of the garage.
98 cadillac Silver
Cadillac_STS_006.jpg

89 camaro Red
89camaro.jpg

83 camaro Silver
10200854_1.jpg

83 Harley-Davidson XLS1000 Roadster
83_Roadster2_d.jpg

83 Intrepid silver
They only allow four pictures.

SoonerDO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ your dumpy little boat!
Here's mine... (and before anyone even starts to comment, those are MY toes...)

Nice, Is that teak wood in the front? Must of cost a fortune.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at regulars who don't know how to imbed their own pictures....

24seven
bonham

well maybe you could tell me how instead of just laughing in my face!!!!!

no really though i never post pictures

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad build at all and one that started off a lot safer for a teenager doing the suspension first rather than the engine upgrade.

I'd hate to total up the amount that I've spent on it over the years, but since I bought it in December of '99, here are the mods I can remember off the top of my head:

- complete engine rebuild with forged pistons & rods
- port & polished heads
- Paxton NOVI 2000RR (currently running at only 6 psi)
- Aeromotive A1000 fuel system
- upgraded radiator ('96 Cobras had a cooling problem even without extra power)
- Hooker long tube headers, off-road h-pipe, side exhaust
- T-56 transmission (6-speed) w/short throw shifter
- aluminum flywheel, upgraded clutch & pressure plate, and clutch quadrant & cable
- aluminum driveshaft
- 4.10 ring & pinion
- tubular front k-member with coil-overs
- torque arm, panhard bar & tubular UCAs & LCAs
- subframe connectors designed for the side exhaust

I think that is the majority of the performance upgrades. Didn't want to go with a full cage even though it probably needs one, but it is not a track car and it would take away from its appearance. I had a few audio upgrades as well.

I'll actually probably end up selling it in the near future as I don't drive it nearly as much as I used to and the money would go into the baby fund.

That is a great set up. I'm scared of 4.10's lol.

This is the green one I was talking about. Will post mine after I get it washed. All I have is low res camera phone pics. I'm gonna get my pops nice camera n' see if I can go out to the park or something.

107_502939858985_165401940_30431456_8351_n.jpg

U can tell it was a V6 because of the side scoops.

Last edited by a moderator:

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they aren't tickets they're brochures

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious, which one do you like better? The newer Ford or does the 07 GMC still get it done?

I like the GMC better... the Ford really isn't that bad, but I'm pressure if my GMC was a 4x4 and had some sort of off road package, it would dust the Ford

the Ford doesn't even have power seats, and I'm pretty sure it has a smaller motor... and it cost more

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a great set up. I'm scared of 4.10's lol.

Thanks.

My main advice: Don't be scared of the gear.

Gearing needs are different on the GT vs. Cobra. The Cobras already have an extra 1k rpm to work with, plus the DOHC is designed to generate power in the higher rpms and due to that, Cobras don't have a great powerband under 4k rpms. A naturally aspirated Cobra should have nothing less than 4.10s and I would recommend 4.30s for most owners. Many people I talk to are scared of the mpg hit, but you'll only lose a couple mpg on average on the highway going from the stock 3.27 to 4.30 and actually could improve city mileage because the gearing gets the car moving easier. That is if you don't get a lead foot after your new found fun just arrived.

Since you have a GT and are planning to add the supercharger, I would think 3.73s would be good for you especially with a stock T-45 transmission, but 4.10s aren't out of the question depending upon the rest of your set up. Just work on your power shifting as you'll run out of rpm a lot quicker. Drag radials wouldn't be a bad investment either.

Before I put the NOVI on and T-56 in, I had already installed my 4.10s a couple years earlier and was about to replace them with 4.30s or even 4.56s if I stayed naturally aspirated. However, I got a great deal on the NOVI and knew that I could easily have a streetable 600 hp to the rear wheels, especially with my build. So keeping the 4.10s would help a lot more with traction while still getting me into boost when I needed it.

If I had added the T-56 and stayed naturally aspirated, I would have installed 4.56s at minimum. The T-56 gearing is completely different than the T-45. It allows the option of going to a level or two steeper gear while keeping the same mpg due to the extra highway gear.

Last edited by a moderator:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ your dumpy little boat!
Here's mine... (and before anyone even starts to comment, those are MY toes...)

you need to cut them toenails son!