• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Chris Collinsworth Said

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gimme a break. half the people up in arms about that comment are the ones that bitch to their significant others about the games being on all sunday.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not offended by Collinsworth's comment, but it was foolish on his part. If he's surprised by any section of society's appreciation of modern-day culture then he needs to get out more.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most of these things get blown out of proportion to a degree. I think more than what he said was how he said it. The incredulous tone in his voice made it come across as misogynistic and condescending to women. When you are on air, you have to be careful how you sound as well as what you say.
I was not upset in the least about that comment.
I did make the observation that he was unusually snide in some other comments.
He was out of character in that game. Wonder what his day was like.
Nothing was said that deserves an apology.

So nowadays, making a compliment is not PC and can certainly be dangerous.

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have said:

"Them broads in Pittsburgh should spend less time watching football and more time making sandwiches."

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not upset in the least about that comment.
I did make the observation that he was unusually snide in some other comments.
He was out of character in that game. Wonder what his day was like.
Nothing was said that deserves an apology.

So nowadays, making a compliment is not PC and can certainly be dangerous.
Hey. I didn't hear anything awful there either. But the tone was a little dismissive like in a " how can a woman know about football" kinda way. I know the tone having lived up north working on the oil rigs and gas plants. Women in trades put up with a lot of that garbage and the majority of them are as good and usually better than their male counterparts.
now as for the sensitivity, that's a whole other thing. Have you ever held a door open for a radical feminist? That BS gets really stupid.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really isn't that offensive and bad as it is being made out to be, right?

I mean I get where/why people are "bashing" him for it but I think he might need to be given a slight break, no?

Again, I know why he is getting heat for it but... I've heard/seen MUCH worse

There is no way to not offend someone who is looking to be offended.

They will always find something to label as offensive.

BrownEyedGirl

Let's Go Islanders!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he put his foot in his mouth a little bit but some of the reactions to his comment are being blown out of proportion too. I don't think he meant anything bad by what he said and the belief that women aren't as knowledgable about sports than men are is a pretty commonplace thing. He's wrong to be surprised that there are knowledgeable female sports fans all over the country but i'm not offended by what he said. There are also plenty of women that are clueless about sports and there are also plenty of men that are clueless too. There are also people think that being a loud sports fan or an opinionated sports fan is the same as being a knowledgeable one, which isn't always the case either.

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he put his foot in his mouth a little bit but some of the reactions to his comment are being blown out of proportion too. I don't think he meant anything bad by what he said and the belief that women aren't as knowledgable about sports than men are is a pretty commonplace thing. He's wrong to be surprised that there are knowledgeable female sports fans all over the country but i'm not offended by what he said. There are also plenty of women that are clueless about sports and there are also plenty of men that are clueless too. There are also people think that being a loud sports fan or an opinionated sports fan is the same as being a knowledgeable one, which isn't always the case either.

Yeah, but you're a girl, so…

:behindsofa:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The demeanor I could maybe half ass see someone getting offended. But that is the job of a broadcaster is to someone be demeaning to the viewers otherwise there is no reason for someone to be talking when you can watch the game. What he said is what the NFL and NFL advertisers have been saying with their money for decades. Jesus, even the whole making the game “safer” is condescending to women.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey. I didn't hear anything awful there either. But the tone was a little dismissive like in a " how can a woman know about football" kinda way. I know the tone having lived up north working on the oil rigs and gas plants. Women in trades put up with a lot of that garbage and the majority of them are as good and usually better than their male counterparts.
now as for the sensitivity, that's a whole other thing. Have you ever held a door open for a radical feminist? That BS gets really stupid.
1) I can piss across the room.
2) I hold the door for everybody. Man, woman or "it" I don't do it because I want them to like or respect me.....

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much ado about nothing imo. But here we are. Reality is, there are smart female football watchers - doubt anyone would argue the point in this day and age. There is also a vast majority of females who could care less. Both are not mutually exclusive. Same with the hilarious male viewers who don’t know Jack about football.

NFL reaches all audiences (male female it) in the US and beyond.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe people need to watch more CNN and get their daily dose of left wing bullshit. Iwas watching the kickoff and was mentally tuning out the broadcast. Collinsworth gets paid to fill dead air and he does a damn good job. Tony Romo has become an expert at it.

I had a TV guy say to me that being the color guy on a football broadcast is one of the toughest jobs in the trade. This was a few years ago and he said, "Tape a football game. Replay it without the sound and record yourself doing the color, not the play by play. AND remember, you cannot have more than 3 seconds pause or the producer will be screaming in your headset."

I don't think it was even worth mentioning. Someone got their pubic PC hairs snagged in their zipper.

Yup. Blown out of proportion.

As for CC. He's my least favorite of the guys in the booth. Romo I do like, a lot.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are just too oversensitive as a society right now. People go out of their way to look for offensive comments when they aren't there.

That being said, it could be leftover from people finding this inappropriate: