• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What bugged me about Serge Ibaka...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seemed to have an annoying habit of fouling three-point shooters, and that was evident in last year's playoffs. Not too fundamentally sound a player.

If OKC would have traded he for Oladipo straight up, I thought it would have been a solid trade. But since they got Sabonis and Ilyasova in the same deal, it was an absolute steal of a trade. OKC will still be formidable even without Durant. My one concern with them is if they end up wearing Westbrook down like the Bulls did Derrick Rose back in his MVP year.

As for Orlando - Even though rim protection is something they could have used, they are in a hapless situation with Vogel as coach and with Ibaka on what is likely to be a one-year rental.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping more touches with the Magic would get his game going. He's basically played 3rd fiddle or below for his entire career.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping more touches with the Magic would get his game going. He's basically played 3rd fiddle or below for his entire career.

Might be his ceiling though

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess for me, I liked his athleticism, but that's a part of the game that doesn't last forever. I think offensively he's moving out beyond the arc a bit much which to me makes him less of a threat on the offensive boards. I think most of his offensive game is based on others creating and getting him the ball when mismatched or left open rather than him creating as well. Not bad to move on from a guy who still hasn't played at the level he was at 5 years ago.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his blocks dropped every year after his last contract.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ibaka is a good player and a good teammate. He was unhappy in OKC for the last two years but didn't cause a problem. He never developed to what his talent level is for whatever reason. One he has skillets for hands. I think Orlando wanted to use him like OKC did at first. Let him stay inside and be a rim protector and help defender. He's really good in that role. He can shoot the three but it takes him away from the basket. IF Olidipo develops OKC got a steal. Sabonis will be solid so he is really what I look at as the trade piece from Orlando. Olidipo to me is the add on.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIyasova is a sneaky part to that trade. Presti was able to flip him for a young athletic SF in Grant. Grant has looked good so far.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serge was never as good as advertised. Having a great team makes every player better. He has regressed along with OKC and now he sucks in Orlando.