• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are your playoff expectations?

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For me getting to the playoffs and hosting a game in the first round would be great for 49ERS fans. I think we could win 1 game and most likely go out the next round. Still waaaay to early to tell with seedindg injuries around the league etc. But I would be happy with just being in the playoff, that would help us build toward the future with players having more confidence and FA lining up to come play for us like back in the day.
What are your thoughts and what would you be ok with?

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me getting to the playoffs and hosting a game in the first round would be great for 49ERS fans. I think we could win 1 game and most likely go out the next round. Still waaaay to early to tell with seedindg injuries around the league etc. But I would be happy with just being in the playoff, that would help us build toward the future with players having more confidence and FA lining up to come play for us like back in the day.

I am ok with just getting to the playoffs. Been a 49er fan my hole (1991) but I did not really get into it until the the off season of 2004. And its been nothing but low expectations from there on out lol. And I never expected us being as good as we are so far this year so thats already a nice little surprise.

But I see us getting to the 1st round game. Possibly wining it but most likely losing.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get to the playoffs first. It's still really early.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Let's get to the playoffs first. It's still really early.

Yea coming from a guy who create this post

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/san-francisco-49ers/47524-first-overall-pick-2012-nfl-draft.html

But I guess its coo because you create that post? Get your head out of your ass Clyde

Just a question guys, just like sports talk with KNBR, ESPN, FIRSTTAKE 95.7 the game. Thats what we do in sports talk about predictions and expectations. Nothing wrong with that, thats sports.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/san-francisco-49ers/47524-first-overall-pick-2012-nfl-draft.html

But I guess its coo because you create that post? Get your head out of your ass Clyde

Just a question guys, just like sports talk with KNBR, ESPN, FIRSTTAKE 95.7 the game. Thats what we do in sports talk about predictions and expectations. Nothing wrong with that, thats sports.

says the guy with 100 posts but 0 rep
:ss: :)

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I don't think the number two seed in the NFC with the corresponding first round bye followed up with a victory over New Orleans in the Divisional round and finally a blow out loss to Green Bay up there on the Frozen Tundra in the NFC Championship game is out of the question.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A little sensitive, huh? What does my post about PREDICTIONS of who'll take the #1 overall pick have to do with you asking about our expectations for the playoffs? Two weeks ago no one was expecting us to make the playoffs, now all of the sudden you want everyone's expectations once we get into the playoffs? It's hella early. There's a lot that can happen, and we have no idea who we will be facing. You'd get more confident and realistic responses in 4 or 5 weeks.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little sensitive, huh? What does my post about PREDICTIONS of who'll take the #1 overall pick have to do with you asking about our expectations for the playoffs? Two weeks ago no one was expecting us to make the playoffs, now all of the sudden you want everyone's expectations once we get into the playoffs? It's hella early. There's a lot that can happen, and we have no idea who we will be facing. You'd get more confident and realistic responses in 4 or 5 weeks.

Very Nor cal of you to say. Never thought id see the day where you said "hella" haha.

I agree with clyde that it's way too early. We have got off to good starts in the past, but the middle of the season is where we constantly struggle. However, if we do make it to the playoffs i am not expecting us to win more than 1 game. Something similar to what the Seahawks did last year is possible considering we would have home field advantage. I'd be happy just to make it to the playoffs.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Very Nor cal of you to say. Never thought id see the day where you said "hella" haha.

I agree with clyde that it's way too early. We have got off to good starts in the past, but the middle of the season is where we constantly struggle. However, if we do make it to the playoffs i am not expecting us to win more than 1 game. Something similar to what the Seahawks did last year is possible considering we would have home field advantage. I'd be happy just to make it to the playoffs.

Nearly as bad as "prolly".

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still a long ways to go... anything can happen... Didn't washington started 6-2 a few seasons back to finish 8-8...didn't the broncos started 5-0 or 6-0 and missed the playoffs?

still plenty of football out there... we might get our ass kicked this sunday or we may take a good quality win with us back home...

so one week at a time... the path to the playoffs looks solid for us, but we need to win it.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his defense.... who the fuck cares about REP??

hopefully nobody lol. I just felt the need to point that out. Because if a more popular and knowledgeable poster such as say deep9er or ray_dogg started this thread it would have got a much different response then it originally got. Does that maker sense?

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think the number two seed in the NFC with the corresponding first round bye followed up with a victory over New Orleans in the Divisional round and finally a blow out loss to Green Bay up there on the Frozen Tundra in the NFC Championship game is out of the question.

Exactly what I was thinking. Although it might not be a blow out loss to Green Bay, it could be kind of like the Altanta - GB game this past weekend something like 25 - 14. Green Bay just lost their LT, their O-line is not the greatest.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first year with a new head coach on a team that hasn't been to the playoffs in years means expectations are low. this year is about figuring out what changes need to be made going forward to assemble the right team for harbaugh's scheme.

winning a wildcard game would be ++, but getting playoff experience would be huge at this point given the horrible coaching a drafting prior to this year.