• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are you currently playing?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to play madden all the time. I havent in like ten years. How hard is this gonna be to learn to pick it up again.

worth just buying madden 22 or whatever?
A little more complicated but if you are just playing for fun you shouldn't have any problems. Franchise mode is very deep now, I enjoy it. Only been playing for a couple days so far after not playing Madden for 4-5 years so I'm in the same boat. Already winning on All-Pro but I always enjoyed and thrived at football games.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I know why I haven’t bought Madden in 3-4 years. Freezes up at least one time every time I play. Apparently you cant play zone, they have zero common sense and float around or blitz even with good LB’s. Everytime I get in the game there is something wrong, one time I couldnt get onto my online franchise, sign in issue with Madden, etc. I mean you name, not sure if others had issues. Gameplay is pretty bad as well, you can still run into lineman and you will fall over, pretty common. Madden 11 or 13 was better than this trash

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Madden 22’

There must be some glitch with the kicking lately. I line it all up perfectly on the meter and it’s a bad kick.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've played through about 20 hours or so of Hades. Supergiant's last game was called Pyre and it was about a group of mostly innocent misfits trying to escape a hellish purgatory. It was a big misfire because it was very dialogue driven and most of the dialogue happened in a static screen while you sat in your buggie. A good portion of the game also occurred on an overworld map and the actual gameplay was pretty sparse and quite repetitive. Hades is just as dialogue heavy but manages to be very well paced and constantly giving you control of your main character. The hub has a ton of personality and they managed to fit everything into the roguelike structure perfectly.

The gameplay is solid for the most part as its movement based. The first biome is fairly simple, the second adds an environmental hazard, the third adds more traps. They all have a good flow to them. The fourth biome switches things up and the enemies appear immediately instead of spawning in and they spew poison in cramped rooms. This makes the fourth biome really boring as I just spam ranged attacks and hope for the best. The bosses are quite great, though, and eventually you can make them even better with modifiers. The weapons also get more interesting as you play more.

The graphics are functional. No slowdown as you'd expect and the character art is all rather interesting. Not a boob to be found. The greek mythology is as masculine as ever. The voice work is great and distinct. The music in the first two biomes is great and builds well to make the boss fights seem more epic. Two characters sing songs and they stand out, as well. The music in the later biomes isnt too interesting but they all cant be bangers.

I think what makes Hades stand out is that it does everything reasonably well. A normal indie game might be an 8/10 or 9/10 gameplay with 7/10 graphics and 0/10 story. Hades is an 8/10 gameplay, 8/10 graphics, 9/10 sound and music, 8/10 story. As such, its probably closer to a big budget title in how it should be viewed and thats fairly impressive.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EA makes games and gamers look bad. Fuck EA.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EA makes games and gamers look bad. Fuck EA.
EA Sports, yeah. Other EA games have actually been getting better over the past couple of years imo.

Battlefield launches are always rough, though

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought Cyberpunk 2077 a couple of weeks ago for $10. Not too bad so far. Also about to buy Ghost of Tsushima and Far Cry 6 during PlayStation’s Black Friday sale.

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

10 years after first release.

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1637777810352.png

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me know how you like it. I got to a certain point and couldn’t get past it, so I quit playing and never went back to it.
So far it seems like an interactive movie made for
Consoles and TVs. Which means extremely low rating from me. Good graphics though. Hdr too.

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me know how you like it. I got to a certain point and couldn’t get past it, so I quit playing and never went back to it.
1637799993197.png

1637800091028.png

1637800172933.png

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1638328176812.png

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hearth and home update for Valheim is soon. Playing it with my wife at the moment. Never seem to get tired of it, the sandbox aspect of it makes it enjoyable and relaxing. Its like someone mashed Minecraft and Skyrim together. Enjoyable.
Picked up Valheim a couple weeks ago on Steam.

I killed the first boss and have begun work on my base away from the initial spawn point. Not that it is too far away, but it has potential to be a real base. It isn’t too far from the Dark Forest border, so it makes corpse runs a lot easier.

I just found my first Burial Chamber. There was a Spawner, but the dang skellies destroyed it themselves once I dropped a campfire trying to turn it off (I wanted to keep it active so I could have a nearby bone farm). After that, I continued exploring the chamber and found another spawner. What’s the best way to turn off the spawner without actually destroying it?

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picked up Valheim a couple weeks ago on Steam.

I killed the first boss and have begun work on my base away from the initial spawn point. Not that it is too far away, but it has potential to be a real base. It isn’t too far from the Dark Forest border, so it makes corpse runs a lot easier.

I just found my first Burial Chamber. There was a Spawner, but the dang skellies destroyed it themselves once I dropped a campfire trying to turn it off (I wanted to keep it active so I could have a nearby bone farm). After that, I continued exploring the chamber and found another spawner. What’s the best way to turn off the spawner without actually destroying it?

Would not worry too much about a bone farm. You will have more than you want once you start forging bronze gear. If you want to keep it active though, if it us behind a closed door just keep the door shut and raid it as needed.

Few tips:

Troll hide armor is handy even later on (sneak gear).

Pick up everything as you travel most starter resources still have use in the later game.

Kite Trolls with your bow.

Always carry enough wood and stone to make a campfire fir the rested buff.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would not worry too much about a bone farm. You will have more than you want once you start forging bronze gear. If you want to keep it active though, if it us behind a closed door just keep the door shut and raid it as needed.

Few tips:

Troll hide armor is handy even later on (sneak gear).

Pick up everything as you travel most starter resources still have use in the later game.

Kite Trolls with your bow.

Always carry enough wood and stone to make a campfire fir the rested buff.
Trolls are still a bitch for me, but I have taken down 2 so far. Made some pants, than upgraded them. Have a full leather set outside of that (with a bone shield). Just ran into my 3rd, but it is in a tough spot to snipe. I will take him out, but I think I will put that on the back burner for now. I think I found 2 Graydwarf bases right next to each other. I think I will work on those next.

I just got raided for the first time earlier today. Kept getting the shit kicked out of me until I realized I had to take out the shaman first. All the others went down fast once that fucker was worm food. Those sneaky bastards took out my chopping block, though. Had no idea until I started trying to do some upgrades.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't played a racing game in a long time but I am hearing great things about Forza Horizon 5. I am looking for a multiplayer racing game.

Anyone played this, if not, do you suggest any newer multiplayer racing games?

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trolls are still a bitch for me, but I have taken down 2 so far. Made some pants, than upgraded them. Have a full leather set outside of that (with a bone shield). Just ran into my 3rd, but it is in a tough spot to snipe. I will take him out, but I think I will put that on the back burner for now. I think I found 2 Graydwarf bases right next to each other. I think I will work on those next.

I just got raided for the first time earlier today. Kept getting the shit kicked out of me until I realized I had to take out the shaman first. All the others went down fast once that fucker was worm food. Those sneaky bastards took out my chopping block, though. Had no idea until I started trying to do some upgrades.

Kite trolls in heavily wooded areas, they have a difficult time getting to you if you keep trees in the way. Shoot and move between trees.

As for raids. Build the sharpened wooden fencecaround your base then dig a deep trench outside that (moats were a thing fir a reason), will keep mist mobs out of your base until you are in the mountain biome and start getting drake raids.

Base basics:

-Build main base in Meadows and near water for ease of sailing and fishing.

- Fence/trench your base.

- Build a sniping tower(s) in the base.

- Clear cut trees in a radius around base for LOS.

- Make sure you have room for a boar pen (taming boars) and for planting carrots (seeds found in Dark Forest), turnips ( seeds in Swamp) and onions ( seeds in Mountains).

- I build a T shaped structure for the work bench and forge the keep the upgrades out if the way.