• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are the chances Goldson is suspended next game?

xJuicex

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge game coming up on turkey day. Goldson CLEARLY threw some punches, does that warrant an automatic 1 game suspension?

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Little...when it is reviewed they will see that he was kicked... I think they take that into consideration.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Huge game coming up on turkey day. Goldson CLEARLY threw some punches, does that warrant an automatic 1 game suspension?

Zero chance for the next game, 100% for at least one game later down the road. If he gets suspended tomorrow, he will appeal and will be able to play until his suspension hearing is held which won't be until December some time.

xJuicex

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero chance for the next game, 100% for at least one game later down the road. If he gets suspended tomorrow, he will appeal and will be able to play until his suspension hearing is held which won't be until December some time.

Nice, I hope you're right.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He shouldn't get suspended. This wasn't some malicious incident like stomping a player while he was on the ground. It was Goldson sitting on his ass, then Doucet walking up and hitting him on the head, with Goldson jumping up and throwing down.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My quick, random thought on this is that when I saw it my mind automatically went back to the Andre Johnson-Cortland Finnegan fight last season. Neither player was suspended. Both were fined 25K for their part in the fight. That incident was also the 2nd one between the two players. The year before Johnson was fined $7,500 for taking Finnegan to the ground by the facemask.

Is there something I'm missing that makes this incident different where a suspension is justified when Johnson and Finnegan were allowed to play the following week? I'd also ask if anybody knows of any similar incident where a player got into a fight and was suspended at some point?

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Goldson played for the Steelers 60k fine and a suspension for the niners probably a 20-30k fine.

xJuicex

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My quick, random thought on this is that when I saw it my mind automatically went back to the Andre Johnson-Cortland Finnegan fight last season. Neither player was suspended. Both were fined 25K for their part in the fight. That incident was also the 2nd one between the two players. The year before Johnson was fined $7,500 for taking Finnegan to the ground by the facemask.

Is there something I'm missing that makes this incident different where a suspension is justified when Johnson and Finnegan were allowed to play the following week? I'd also ask if anybody knows of any similar incident where a player got into a fight and was suspended at some point?

Good insight pozz, thanks.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If he gets suspended that I would immediately appeal it and bring up the Johnson vs Finnegan fight as a case of why he shouldn't be suspended but just fined.

That scuffle was far worse than what Goldson did and if they didn't get suspended for that than no way Goldson should either.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if goldson gets suspended, doucet should as well.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3

I agree with Pozz, BUT The NFL has shown and increasing concern toward player safety. Does that mean they clean up fights? Honeslty I wouldn't be suprised if Goldson gets suspended. I don't think it's fair, but you never know.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree with Pozz, BUT The NFL has shown and increasing concern toward player safety. Does that mean they clean up fights? Honeslty I wouldn't be suprised if Goldson gets suspended. I don't think it's fair, but you never know.

There were zero suspensions after Bears-Lions last week. I don't think the crackdown took place in the last week.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
There were zero suspensions after Bears-Lions last week. I don't think the crackdown took place in the last week.

No... But I didn't see punches thrown.... I only saw where Cutler's helmet was torn off his head (his head almost aswell), and the teams got into a shoving match.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No... But I didn't see punches thrown.... I only saw where Cutler's helmet was torn off his head (his head almost aswell), and the teams got into a shoving match.

You missed DJ Moore taking a 7 yard run at Matt Stafford well after the play and smoking him in the shoulders/head while Stafford was sitting with his back turned?

Then guys came off the bench to fight.

Moore was ejected. He played today.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
You missed DJ Moore taking a 7 yard run at Matt Stafford well after the play and smoking him in the shoulders/head while Stafford was sitting with his back turned?

Then guys came off the bench to fight.

Moore was ejected. He played today.

Honeslty, even if it was a total cheap shot it doesn't matter. The fact is that clear punches were thrown by Goldson. Eventhough the AZ player started it, Goldson hit him with a 3 punch combo that even Pacquiao couldn't match in his last fight

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Honeslty, even if it was a total cheap shot it doesn't matter. The fact is that clear punches were thrown by Goldson. Eventhough the AZ player started it, Goldson hit him with a 3 punch combo that even Pacquiao couldn't match in his last fight

Maybe you should look up highlights from the Bears-Lions last week?

That way, rather than speculating about what happened, you can see it.

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
...but Pacman's opponent wasn't wearing a helmet. Stupid to risk breaking a bone in your hand over something like that. As the announcers said, it's always the second guy who gets penalized. I love Goldson's intensity but it's gotten him some costly penalties this season. Hopefully Goodell & co. will watch the game film and see that it wasn't Goldson who started that dust-up. In fact, Doucet may well get a fine and, if not a suspension, a warning from the NFL.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should look up highlights from the Bears-Lions last week?

That way, rather than speculating about what happened, you can see it.

So I took your advice and I found this video:

I've seen this one before, it looks more like a scrum than a 3 punch combo to anyone's head. But it doesn't look like Goldson will be suspended.

I think we should re-sign the guy... He been playing like a beast our secondary has gotten a lot better since he's been back from the knee injury.

Last edited by a moderator:

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Keep in mind that DJ Moore went after a QB. If they are looking to suspend anyone for fighting, think they especially would go after someone who attacked on of their valuable innocent little QB's over a WR/DB battle.

May just be me, but I think it's a weird precedent for not suspending for fighting with all the other crack downs. Hope they don't randomly change things this week. Be more reasonable to ramp up the fines as a warning, and make any suspension protocol changes in the off-season.