• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: WFT vs the Giants March to glory

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if DH had started every game, we would be 4-4 with two wins over the NYG, because Allen cost us the first one and AS cost us the second.

Heh. That holds about the same validity as someone saying you or I could've started both games against the Giants and the Skins would be 4-4 right now.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. That holds about the same validity as someone saying you or I could've started both games against the Giants and the Skins would be 4-4 right now.

It is a belief, with some possible validity. I think had we stuck with DH, who was learning a new system in a reduced offseason, under his third coach, I think he would have continued to grow within the system. The Dallas game was an afterthought, and both NYG games were lost by the QBs.

That being said, I wouldn’t be surprised if we beat Detroit now with AS. I still think we will lose to Cinci.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a belief, with some possible validity. I think had we stuck with DH, who was learning a new system in a reduced offseason, under his third coach, I think he would have continued to grow within the system. The Dallas game was an afterthought, and both NYG games were lost by the QBs.

That being said, I wouldn’t be surprised if we beat Detroit now with AS. I still think we will lose to Cinci.
Agree it’s a definite possibility. And with your previous assertion that IF RR truly didn’t see DH as a likely prospect, he shoulda started Kyle first.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree it’s a definite possibility. And with your previous assertion that IF RR truly didn’t see DH as a likely prospect, he shoulda started Kyle first.

I said this all along. RR should have started Allen on day one and explained it is because of the shortened offseason. That would have saved face for DH with a very plausible lie. Then if Allen didnt work, he could make a change to DH and save his own face.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this all along. RR should have started Allen on day one and explained it is because of the shortened offseason. That would have saved face for DH with a very plausible lie. Then if Allen didnt work, he could make a change to DH and save his own face.
This also would have saved the market value of DH if we wanted to trade him. But as of now, we can't get a ham sandwich for him.

This is one of the reasons why I can't buy that RR had already made his mind up on DH before he got here. Because the way he went about it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Of course, with this franchise, doing things that make sense isn't standard operating procedure thanks to Dan.