• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: OKC Thunder VS Golden State Warriors

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say, I'm starting to have mixed feelings about this series. On the one hand, I want to see GSW win because I think they are more likely to beat the Cavs.

On the other hand, I'm a Lakers fan and the sooner the Warriors season ends, the sooner Luke can get to the Lakers and be present when they bring guys in for workouts and give input on which FA's to chase.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting article....

With Curry's injury History and the fact that he's underpaid, by NBA standards...

Don't the Warriors almost have to do this deal if he wanted to?

Obviously, he gets a longer deal if he waits and there are no indications that this is what he wants...

But, what if he did? He could make $26 million next year, instead of 12.

Stephen Curry deserves a raise. The two-time defending NBA MVP will make $12.1 million next season, in a league where the maximum salary is more than double that. The Warriors alone could have four players making more than Curry next season. He told Sporting News last summer that he did not want to deal with free agency, and locking him up now would accomplish that.

Curry can get a raise, too. Bill Simmons talked about that possibility on his podcast recently, and the idea seems easy enough. However, renegotiating contracts does not happen very often in the NBA, unlike other major sports, and Curry’s example shows why. It would be incredibly impractical for the Warriors and financially constraining for Curry to sign an extension this offseason, unless the Warriors somehow are worried Curry might leave as a free agent next year.

Only certain types of contracts can be renegotiated and extended under current NBA rules. A player must be entering the fourth or fifth year of his current contract, as was the case most recently with the Nuggets’ Danilo Gallinari and Wilson Chandler last summer. That fits for Curry, whose four-year, $44 million current deal kicked in for 2013-14 after being signed in 2012 — when he was coming off worrisome ankle injuries.

Stephen Curry getting a raise now sounds nice but would be bad for everyone

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say, I'm starting to have mixed feelings about this series. On the one hand, I want to see GSW win because I think they are more likely to beat the Cavs.

On the other hand, I'm a Lakers fan and the sooner the Warriors season ends, the sooner Luke can get to the Lakers and be present when they bring guys in for workouts and give input on which FA's to chase.

ahh, such a quandary...:lol:

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these shots Curry makes aren't even fair.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've followed this game since 1970 and I can honestly say I've NEVER seen anyone shoot better...

The man is just incredible. I can't believe there are people question his MVP status.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams is so much better than Bogut

2 bad foul calls on Bogut though