• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: OKC Thunder VS Golden State Warriors

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the late 80's. And I meant lose the first two at home.
I do agree that the Warriors really want to win it but if they get the matchups in a better place and just miss shots then I still think they can come back and win. If they have some fundamental issues with the matchup again in game 2 then its probably not going to correct itself and...yeah...bad news for Golden St.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook was on fire in the 3rd. Curry moved his feet well and contested most of those shots, but Westbrook was just too good during that stretch.
Because Curry isn't the defender that Klay is. Klay is bigger AND stronger than Curry. You can go back and watch the game and look at the stats. It wasn't by accident that RW was 7-21 on the night. Pay particular attention to the 1st half when he was defended by Klay and in the 4th quarter when he was defended by Klay. You might be surprised at how well Klay did.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree that the Warriors really want to win it but if they get the matchups in a better place and just miss shots then I still think they can come back and win. If they have some fundamental issues with the matchup again in game 2 then its probably not going to correct itself and...yeah...bad news for Golden St.
History will most likely repeat itself. When the Warriors won in 75, the following year they lost in the conference finals. Its just too tough to repeat.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hence why the Warriors are in a must-win situation already.
History will most likely repeat itself. When the Warriors won in 75, the following year they lost in the conference finals. Its just too tough to repeat.
I think when a team like the Warriors comes along and defies history that they should get a little slack in what is possible.

I think the Warriors losing this series would do massive damage to the legacy of last year's championship team. Massive damage.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think when a team like the Warriors comes along and defies history that they should get a little slack in what is possible.

I think the Warriors losing this series would do massive damage to the legacy of last year's championship team. Massive damage.
Not me. It will do damage to this year's record-setting team but will have no bearing on last year's team. But I'd be interested to hear why you think it would.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me. It will do damage to this year's record-setting team but will have no bearing on last year's team. But I'd be interested to hear why you think it would.
Oh easy. Last year would've been seen as a down year in the NBA and the Warriors were just a team that had to win it because they didn't play the Thunder or a good Spurs team and the Cavs were on year 1 and not in the groove yet.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh easy. Last year would've been seen as a down year in the NBA and the Warriors were just a team that had to win it because they didn't play the Thunder or a good Spurs team and the Cavs were on year 1 and not in the groove yet.

I hate it when people try to define a team's title. The Warriors won the fucking title. They were the last team standing. Injuries are a part of sports whether you want to believe it or not. Whether you had an easy road like the Cavs, or have gone through a gauntlet of tough teams like the Thunder or Warriors; the title means the same thing for whichever team of the 3 wins it (sorry Raptors fans).

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate it when people try to define a team's title. The Warriors won the fucking title. They were the last team standing. Injuries are a part of sports whether you want to believe it or not. Whether you had an easy road like the Cavs, or have gone through a gauntlet of tough teams like the Thunder or Warriors; the title means the same thing for whichever team of the 3 wins it (sorry Raptors fans).
It does and it doesn't. People always rank players and teams especially in the NBA.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nailed it.

I could give a rats ass about legacy. I got to witness something I never thought I'd see. I became a fan of the team in the early 90's right around the time they still had a formidable team with Run TMC and even with Webber. When that team broke up, all hell broke loose with the franchise. I could rattle off dozens of names of 8th and 9th men that the Warriors trotted out like their franchise player. It was horrendous.

When you know what it feels like to expect a loss every game and be surprised when you win, you don't take for granted the success of the team. Sure there are tons of bandwagoners who talk shit, but that comes with the territory of a successful team. Those are the ones concerned about legacy.

This is the most enjoyable time for me as a fan of this franchise, aside from the We Believe year. If the Warriors win, amazing. If they don't, it'll suck, but it happens. Even the Spurs franchise wasn't able to win a title every year with prime Tim, Manu and TP.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. Nobody remembers 5 years after the fact when there was a down year in the NBA, only who was the champion.

Reactions: LAD

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does and it doesn't. People always rank players and teams especially in the NBA.
While this is true- I don't agree that it's always necessarily accurate. If the ultimate goal of each team is to win the championship-and said team reaches that goal-then how can they be rated anything other than the best?