• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Westbrook says the Thunder Best

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are constantly underestimating how much better KD and Westbrook are getting on a year to year basis.

Because they aren't. Their numbers across the board have decreased this year even though Durant has turned it on lately. Their Ortg, Drtg, WS/48 have all slipped this year.

If you look at their RTGs it looks like Durant peaked in '11-'12 with his FGA coming down being the catalyst for the increase in both PER and Ortg. If Durant really wants to improve he probably could but it would probably mean adding about 30lbs of muscle.

Westbrook looks like he peaked last year and admittedly his knee is a possible reason for his minor regression.

If you were ignoring numbers, every one's gripe with Westbrook is he shoots first with Durant on his team, everyone wants Durant to be shooting 20+ times a game and Westbrook less than 15. They make this work though and Durant enjoys that because it takes the defensive pressure off of him to allow himself to be more efficient and his buddy stays happy. I do not love the arrangement but it is not bad either, just not as good as it could be imo.

Maybe they just aren't buying into Brooks' system anymore? That would be a bigger issue and also making a mountain out of a mole hill, I just think they have peakedish until they both actively try to progress as players. Durant by getting larger and Westbrook by looking to pass a bit more, not necessarily to Durant.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Anyone saying Westbrook is a score first point guard hasn't been watching this season. As for you Seattle people go cry a frickin river. I wonder if there still are Minnesota people that cry about the Lakers?

No one is crying a river here, and your analogy about the Lakers and Minnesota is a poor one, since Minnesota got a new basketball team ( the T Wolves) after the Lakers left, but Seattle hasn't yet.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is crying a river here, and your analogy about the Lakers and Minnesota is a poor one, since Minnesota got a new basketball team ( the T Wolves) after the Lakers left, but Seattle hasn't yet.

Minnesota got the T wolves 29 years after the lakers left. It's only been 5 years so its a good anaology. You got 24 more years till you have a reason to bitch. :lol:

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they aren't. Their numbers across the board have decreased this year even though Durant has turned it on lately. Their Ortg, Drtg, WS/48 have all slipped this year.

If you look at their RTGs it looks like Durant peaked in '11-'12 with his FGA coming down being the catalyst for the increase in both PER and Ortg. If Durant really wants to improve he probably could but it would probably mean adding about 30lbs of muscle.

Westbrook looks like he peaked last year and admittedly his knee is a possible reason for his minor regression.

If you were ignoring numbers, every one's gripe with Westbrook is he shoots first with Durant on his team, everyone wants Durant to be shooting 20+ times a game and Westbrook less than 15. They make this work though and Durant enjoys that because it takes the defensive pressure off of him to allow himself to be more efficient and his buddy stays happy. I do not love the arrangement but it is not bad either, just not as good as it could be imo.

Maybe they just aren't buying into Brooks' system anymore? That would be a bigger issue and also making a mountain out of a mole hill, I just think they have peakedish until they both actively try to progress as players. Durant by getting larger and Westbrook by looking to pass a bit more, not necessarily to Durant.

I haven't been on this board long but this has to be the stupidest post in the history of the board. You obviously have not been watching the thunder much this season.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Numbers do not lie, although your massive homering will.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The numbers don't lie in what Ibaka, jackson, Lamb and the rest are doing. You obviously aren't watching the game if you truly think Durant or Westbrook are not still improving on pretty much a daily basis. Seriously, you can't be watching.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Triple Double today by Westbrook.

Durant had 29

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can these OKC role players produce consistently in a best of 7 series? That is key for them. You're not beating any of the top teams 4 of 7 if only Durant and Westbrook are balling.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to go with BK on this one. I'm not surprised that the Thunder absolutely demolished the Knicks today sans Melo. Let me know what the Thunder does against the Spurs in a best of seven series this year.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can these OKC role players produce consistently in a best of 7 series? That is key for them. You're not beating any of the top teams 4 of 7 if only Durant and Westbrook are balling.

Thunder don't draft people who play more poorly in the NBA than they did in college.

Long story short my native city's Thunder have a much better shot at the title than my adapted city's Celtics.

Hopefully I will get a Celtics-Thunder Final in 2-3 years, but not this year.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a former Sonics fan, I'm going to continue to root for the Blazers and to root against the Thunder. But if the Thunder win it all, I'm counting it as a Seattle Supersonics championship, since Ibaka, Durant, and Westbrook were all drafted as Supersonics.

What the hell are you talking about? Only KD was drafted in Seattle. Played 1 year there. Westbrook and Ibaka never stepped foot in that shitty State.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can certainly see them making the finals. And winning it too. Barring injuries of course. If either Durant or Westbrook goes down they're very beatable!

Really hope they can win a title together. Want to see KD holding up that trophy.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to go with BK on this one. I'm not surprised that the Thunder absolutely demolished the Knicks today sans Melo. Let me know what the Thunder does against the Spurs in a best of seven series this year.

How quickly you all forget, OKC was coming out of the west last year and they most surely are coming out of the west this year (if healthy).

If I had to absolutely rank the top 3 teams right now it is Heat, OKC, then Indy and I think there is a drop off to #4.

I am not saying they are any worse than they were in 2012 when they were the second best team in the league and they are certainly still that same 2nd best team. It is not like I am saying they peaked as a 4 seed 2nd round finishers every year...Clippers.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The numbers don't lie in what Ibaka, jackson, Lamb and the rest are doing. You obviously aren't watching the game if you truly think Durant or Westbrook are not still improving on pretty much a daily basis. Seriously, you can't be watching.

You specifically stated KD and Westbrook in your original statement not even mentioning the Thunder. But if you would like to expand your statement to the supporting cast then OK...c :D

Jackson has shown improvement, but he is still and always going to come off the bench or be let go for cap reasons. There is a small possibilty that Westbrook moves to the 2 and Jackson starts but doubtful, but that leads to Sefolosha being moved.

Ibaka has not improved, his efficiency across the board was better in '11-'12. His minutes have increased steadily, but his points and rebounding per 36 increased only slightly.

Lamb has improved greatly since last year, as this is his 2nd year you should hope so. Once again he is always going to come off the bench or he or somebody else will be let go for cap reasons. So his improvement is not that important.

I will add in Adams who I think could be groomed to be the perfect Perkins replacement.

They have gotten better on the bench but only slightly, and the teams unwillingness to go into the luxury will forever limit how good their bench could truly be.

One more for the road, OKC is better overall than they were in '12, but so is everybody else so their improvements are minimal comparatively.