• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Were Villanova and West Virginia cheated by the refs?

Were Villanova or West Virginia cheated by the refs?

• Not both just Villanova

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Not both just West Virginia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, both got the sand with no Vaseline treatment

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Get the hell out of here with this crybaby crap, they lost

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • tater salad

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see they were robbed by any means. Doesn't change the fact every team has been screwed by the officiating throughout this tournament

But not to the point of deciding the game like that.

the game was decided by those plays more than anything else during the 40 minutes. That's not even arguable.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one got robbed more than Northwestern. They were about to cut the lead to 2 (if they simply got the obvious goaltending call then it would've been only a 2-point lead and all the momentum), instead they don't get that and they instead get a technical foul call on their coach. All of a sudden it's a 6-point lead and the momentum is killed.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But not to the point of deciding the game like that.

the game was decided by those plays more than anything else during the 40 minutes. That's not even arguable.

it certainly was a huge factor but it wasn't the only one.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it certainly was a huge factor but it wasn't the only one.

Never said it was.

I said it was the most important factor. And one that decided the game more than the players did.

Again, just more to think about.

You get the flagrant foul on Hayes right after that steal, Wisky doesn't even get the ball back after those Nova FTs.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said it was.

I said it was the most important factor. And one that decided the game more than the players did.

Again, just more to think about.

You get the flagrant foul on Hayes right after that steal, Wisky doesn't even get the ball back after those Nova FTs.

I know you weren't, just saying.,,

That wasn't a flagrant one imo either. But I have seen it be called for that same play though.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you weren't, just saying.,,

That wasn't a flagrant one imo either. But I have seen it be called for that same play though.

You think it's not....

show me how he was playing the ball when it was 10 feet away from the Nova player.

that's about as easy a flagrant as you can get. Literally zero attempt to play the ball. He just grabbed him by the waist and tried to pull him away from the ball.

You can't even do that in college football lol

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think it's not....

show me how he was playing the ball when it was 10 feet away from the Nova player.

that's about as easy a flagrant as you can get. Literally zero attempt to play the ball. He just grabbed him by the waist and tried to pull him away from the ball.

You can't even do that in college football lol

it wasn't as bad as people think it was. Sure he fouled him but he didn't turn him a complete 180 or anything like that. We also have the advantage of super slo mo. granted if they wanted they could have checked.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it wasn't as bad as people think it was. Sure he fouled him but he didn't turn him a complete 180 or anything like that. We also have the advantage of super slo mo. granted if they wanted they could have checked.

Had he just pushed off to try and get ahead of him, i'd agree with you.

but all he did was grab him to prevent him from getting a steal and clear layup. He didn't spin him because he grabbed his waist on the complete opposite side of his body from where he was reaching from. It was a legit hug at waist level.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had he just pushed off to try and get ahead of him, i'd agree with you.

but all he did was grab him to prevent him from getting a steal and clear layup. He didn't spin him because he grabbed his waist on the complete opposite side of his body from where he was reaching from. It was a legit hug at waist level.

I saw it slightly differently than you did but I agree it could have been called a Flagrant but I'm thinking it wasn't called because of the game... It obviously was a clear foul that's for sure

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw it slightly differently than you did but I agree it could have been called a Flagrant but I'm thinking it wasn't called because of the game... It obviously was a clear foul that's for sure

And that's just not an acceptable answer.

In fact, officials are specifically taught to not do this.

If that's a flagrant in the first 2 minutes, it's one in the last 2. That's what they're taught. There's no question these guys didn't do that in this game. They basically swallowed their whistles the last 2 minutes unless it was laughably obvious (not just regularly obvious like the 3 other Hart drives where he was fouled)....and even then they got it wrong.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's just not an acceptable answer.

In fact, officials are specifically taught to not do this.

If that's a flagrant in the first 2 minutes, it's one in the last 2. That's what they're taught. There's no question these guys didn't do that in this game. They basically swallowed their whistles the last 2 minutes unless it was laughably obvious (not just regularly obvious like the 3 other Hart drives where he was fouled)....and even then they got it wrong.

exactly, it should be called the same way but it hasn't been this tournament... One second it's a foul, the next second it's not.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly, it should be called the same way but it hasn't been this tournament... One second it's a foul, the next second it's not.

which is funny. I thought this year during the regular season they did a great job of it compared to previous years...

and now this tourney.....

ugh

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which is funny. I thought this year during the regular season they did a great job of it compared to previous years...

ugh

I 100% agree with you. It's like the head of the officials just said to his guys, "F it. do what ever you want"

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I 100% agree with you. It's like the head of the officials just said to his guys, "F it. do what ever you want"

Unfortunately a lot of the better refs are doing local HS games.

There's a reason most of these refs out here are older lol

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ugh

I 100% agree with you. It's like the head of the officials just said to his gu
Unfortunately a lot of the better refs are doing local HS games.

There's a reason most of these refs out here are older lol

haha, yeah... they certainly are getting older!

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I 100% agree with you. It's like the head of the officials just said to his gu

haha, yeah... they certainly are getting older!

Reffing is very political.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reffing is very political.

Sure is... I just don't get how it's been so bad this tourney though. I mean these are crucial, crucial games

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure is... I just don't get how it's been so bad this tourney though. I mean these are crucial, crucial games

I got nothing.

But these guys are ending players careers with completely reckless abandon for the rules. that's what I have issue with.