• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz In Philly

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s still early, but as of now, it appears Sam Bradford is having a hard time keeping up with rookie Carson Wentz learning the new Philadelphia Eagles playbook.

Both quarterbacks are starting new with rookie head coach Doug Pederson’s offensive scheme. Surprisingly, the rookie has an edge right now.

“Wentz has shown a plus-NFL arm, accuracy to make every throw on the route tree and an ability to move in the pocket and buy time,” Matt Lombardo of NJ.com writes. “Not for nothing, but Wentz also seems to be ahead of Bradford in terms of mastering Doug Pederson’s offense.”

One wonders if this has anything to do with Bradford’s mini-holdout when he tried to get himself traded in protest of Philly selecting Wentz No. 2 overall in the 2016 NFL Draft. It wouldn’t seem to make much of a difference, given the fact Bradford was there when OTAs began. But perhaps his head still isn’t completely in the game.

Or, perhaps Wentz is just better at soaking up new information.

If that’s the case, considering all the other superlatives we’re hearing about the youngster at this time, maybe nobody should be shocked if Wentz ends up starting for the Eagles, sooner rather than later.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is the Cowboys board. Just hated to see this young man go to the hated Eagles

Last thread about Wentz from me I wish him well just not against our Cowboys

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well hopefully for the eagles Wentz beats him out. I do wonder though if they are grading on a curve....... meaning they have to want Wentz to win out. So is any good thing Wentz does, looked upon as better than it is, &/or Anything bad from Bradford, is it looked upon as worse than it is? Whether the views are slightly skewed or largely. I wonder if they are truly being viewed the same?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said from jump Wentz was gonna be a stud. Still may be wrong...but I don't think so

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said from jump Wentz was gonna be a stud. Still may be wrong...but I don't think so
hard to say...kid has moxie and that's not assured in any prospect. Just think the jump from the defenses he's played against and the one's he's about to play may require some serious time

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hard to say...kid has moxie and that's not assured in any prospect. Just think the jump from the defenses he's played against and the one's he's about to play may require some serious time

That's the key. He is going to take some serious lumps early on. He' used to playing against basically 5th year HS seniors.

I certainly like the kid and if I were Eagles fan I'd be stoked to hear what I'm hearing. Wentz is engaged, he's smart, he has size, he has an arm and he is really going balls-out to get the job. If Pederson is smart, even if Wentz is the better QB they will bench him for a year. He could learn more in practice and watching from the sidelines than he could getting his brains beat in. Sadly, that would mean Bradford would need to be a leader and help the kid on the sideline while the defense is out there. Sounds more like the big baby still wants everything handed to him. Sounds like it would be best to just cut and eat the salary for Sam, start Chase and let Wentz watch for at least half the season. Chalk this year up to learning and hope for better results next year.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the key. He is going to take some serious lumps early on. He' used to playing against basically 5th year HS seniors.

I certainly like the kid and if I were Eagles fan I'd be stoked to hear what I'm hearing. Wentz is engaged, he's smart, he has size, he has an arm and he is really going balls-out to get the job. If Pederson is smart, even if Wentz is the better QB they will bench him for a year. He could learn more in practice and watching from the sidelines than he could getting his brains beat in. Sadly, that would mean Bradford would need to be a leader and help the kid on the sideline while the defense is out there. Sounds more like the big baby still wants everything handed to him. Sounds like it would be best to just cut and eat the salary for Sam, start Chase and let Wentz watch for at least half the season. Chalk this year up to learning and hope for better results next year.

Correct, with the lack of talent around him on that team, Philly would be best suited to have him sit for a year. I do however like to see them make dumb decisions like Kelly and Bradford though. Oline next season might get him hurt bad, unfortunately for the kid, if he does play. Huge difference in the defenses he's seen in college vs, what he's about to see as was mentioned. I would wish him success against everyone but the Cowboys.......if I didnt dislike the Iggles so much

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Wentz but I hope he's a failure, a big colossal bust. Nothing personal, it's business.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct, with the lack of talent around him on that team, Philly would be best suited to have him sit for a year. I do however like to see them make dumb decisions like Kelly and Bradford though. Oline next season might get him hurt bad, unfortunately for the kid, if he does play. Huge difference in the defenses he's seen in college vs, what he's about to see as was mentioned. I would wish him success against everyone but the Cowboys.......if I didnt dislike the Iggles so much

When you hear every college athlete saying how their biggest adjustment is the speed of the game, and that is from power-5 school players, then that doesn't bode well for Wentz. Only one way to get used to the speed though...practice or games.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you hear every college athlete saying how their biggest adjustment is the speed of the game, and that is from power-5 school players, then that doesn't bode well for Wentz. Only one way to get used to the speed though...practice or games.
I think his SR Bowl performance shot his stock up, a lot of folks thought he was ahead of the curve against stronger competition. Going into that game, a lot of people had him mid to late 1st