• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well... thats the season

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not overlook how many points the defense consistently allows. Even an elite QB would have a hard time with this defense.

When your offense can almost never get a lead exactly how good is the defense going to look? The offense did nothing until we were down 24-0. RG3 missed wide open WRs until the game was basically out of reach then threw the game selling INT

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is enough blame to go around on both sides of the ball. RG3 is not having a good year. No one can argue otherwise. But we have all seen what he can do when healthy and decisive. I really believe the lack of an offseason really set him back. This is compounded by our weak pass blocking, especially up the middle (although today even Trent sucked). He has not learned how to handle pressure while in the pocket. Back pedaling is probably the worse you thing you can do. He also has to learn to work through his progressions much quicker. He tends to lock onto a receiver was too long. This is all learned through repetition in preseason. They don't have time to teach technique during the season, they are implementing the game plan.

As far as the defense, what can you say? We are not good. At really any phase. We have a couple of good players, but Hall has been our only really consistent player all year. Rak has started to come to life. Kerrigan has games then disappears for a couple. We have no safeties. Fletcher has become a liability and offenses target him. Amerson is raw. Perry is good, but I wouldn't say elite. The bigger issue going into next year is we have 6 starters on defense that are free agents after this year. Some, like fletcher, are gone. But some, like Perry, Hall, Wilson, Merriweather, Rak, Biggers we have tough decisions to make. Personally, I think we have to shore up the middle of the field. ILB and Safeties. We have got to get better players that can play sideline to sideline.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When your offense can almost never get a lead exactly how good is the defense going to look? The offense did nothing until we were down 24-0. RG3 missed wide open WRs until the game was basically out of reach then threw the game selling INT

shark , we gave up 402 yds today

we have been a bottom ranked defense for 2 years and a top 5 ranked offense for 2 years

the defense is a huge issue

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we have been a bottom ranked defense for 2 years and a top 5 ranked offense for 2 years

Oh i agree the defense is and has been an issue. But I also believe that our offense is smoke and mirrors when we are getting yards and points in garbage time. And thats basically what we are doing.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh i agree the defense is and has been an issue. But I also believe that our offense is smoke and mirrors when we are getting yards and points in garbage time. And thats basically what we are doing.

not for 2 years and i dont see garbage time yds when we are a play away from a tie game

and i dont see garbage time stats 4 out of 6 years either

but again i dont know what to say less then 4 hours after a loss and everyone is on a vent a thon so reason is useless

to me the game was called right and the execution was not

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I do blame Shanahan on is his handling of Davis and Morgan. When Reed and hank went down, don't tell me that Davis wouldn't have helped and, to a lesser extent, Morgan. Both of them went out in the first half. But when Shanahan gets down on a guy for slights, he ostracizes them to the point that it could have a negative affect on the team.

I'm not sure what happened with Davis, but if all morgan did was tell a reporter that he felt he hadn't done anything wrong to explain his recent lack of playing time (of which Kyle agreed with), that's no reason to deactivate a guy. While morgan has not lived up to his contract, he has done what ever we asked of him. He played hurt all last year, he risks his body blocking for morris, and he tried to return punts for us when he had never returned a punt before. The other players see this and this is how you do lose a locker room in times like this. I realize they will claim that Morgan was deactivated so williams could be, but we could have easily deactivated Robinson or even Royster, who hasn't played all season, not even on STs, I don't think.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the defense is the huge issue here

The defense is a huge issue but they only gave up 24 points today. I say only because that is below PHI's average PPG.

The offense was a huge issue today as well. They scored only 16 points and had two turnovers. WTH was that pass by RG3 at the end?

The STs was a huge issue today. We muffed a punt (luckily we recovered it). Rocca averaged only 37 yards punting.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We gave up 402 yards but they average 417 YPG.
We gave up 24 but they average 25.

Our offense did not do their part because we average 25 PPG as well.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffin claims he was trying to throw the ball away out of the end zone. I don't buy it. One of RG3's weaknesses is he tries to make a play every play. He doesn't know how to accept that sometimes you need to just reboot. If he wanted to throw the ball away, the sideline was just 20 yds away. Oh Helu was also wide open underneath. In RG3's defense, the pressure was on him very quick. Then he made it worse by back pedaling instead of turning and getting the hell out.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffin claims he was trying to throw the ball away out of the end zone. I don't buy it. One of RG3's weaknesses is he tries to make a play every play. He doesn't know how to accept that sometimes you need to just reboot. If he wanted to throw the ball away, the sideline was just 20 yds away. Oh Helu was also wide open underneath. In RG3's defense, the pressure was on him very quick. Then he made it worse by back pedaling instead of turning and getting the hell out.

he said in his press conference he should have thrown the ball away to the sideline

i dont think he is lying about this

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line here is this. If this team cant pick up at least 4 more wins and finish out 7-9 or 8-8, Shanahan wont get an extension. If they totally quit on him down the stretch, Shanahan wont even be back next year.

Its a safe bet Haslett will be gone, and I dont see Burns back as special teams coach either. So the real questions become, do Mike and Kyle still have jobs next year. Our needs are rather obvious on both sides of the ball. We have the cap space to address most of the needs.

So does this team now quit on Shanahan, or do they play hard and try to save the coaches job??

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line here is this. If this team cant pick up at least 4 more wins and finish out 7-9 or 8-8, Shanahan wont get an extension. If they totally quit on him down the stretch, Shanahan wont even be back next year.

Its a safe bet Haslett will be gone, and I dont see Burns back as special teams coach either. So the real questions become, do Mike and Kyle still have jobs next year. Our needs are rather obvious on both sides of the ball. We have the cap space to address most of the needs.

So does this team now quit on Shanahan, or do they play hard and try to save the coaches job??

All of this is interesting because who knows what this team is going to for the remaining six games (49ers, Giants, Chiefs, @ Falcons, Cowboys, and @ Giants). I honestly don't believe the team will quit, but things are getting really bad with this team.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well lets stir this pot some more

according to Chris Russell on twitter the short list given by bruce allen to replace shanahan are as follows

bill o brien , kevin gilbride , sean payton and jon gruden

allen allegedly tweeted this

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

according to Chris Russell on twitter the short list given by bruce allen to replace shanahan are as follows

There is no way this is true. Allen is not going to announce this to anyone outside of Dan Snyder's office. Sean Payton......Really??? Why in the world would he come here?

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can not find where Chris talks about this ... and as far as I know Allen does not have a twitter account either.

Chris did have some funny banter with Steinberg last night ...

But here are the names I am seeing thrown out there ...

That being said ... I'm still sitting firm on the Mike & Kyle train

Last edited by a moderator:

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he said in his press conference he should have thrown the ball away to the sideline

i dont think he is lying about this

might be some confusion on this because Griffin was interviewed on this twice last night.

In the first interview he said he tried to throw it out of the back of the end zone.

In the second interview he said he should not have made the throw.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can not find where Chris talks about this ... and as far as I know Allen does not have a twitter account either.

Chris did have some funny banter with Steinberg last night ...

But here are the names I am seeing thrown out there ...
[MEDIA=twitter]400445223824003072[/MEDIA]

That being said ... I'm still sitting firm on the Mike & Kyle train

I looked into it. Its a fake chris russell account. allen never tweeted anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Shaw would be a nice change of direction for this team...