• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well that was depressing.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha nope, but I had a San Jose Sharks duffel bag growing up. I always liked their logo and kind of secretly rooted for them despite being an Avs fan since my cousin/aunt/uncle lived in Colorado (Seattle obviously no team).

I think most people in the NW root for the Nucks right?

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seemed like a blowout from start to finish

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No dog in this fight

I thought the NO DEF actually outplayed SEA DEF forcing 3 FG in the 1st half, but in the end the SEA DEF was the difference in the game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not really, but the 1st half was dominated by SEA and they should have been up by a larger margin but this game was never a blowout.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not really, but the 1st half was dominated by SEA and they should have been up by a larger margin but this game was never a blowout.

I'm not even sure we dominated. It was pretty even aside from the Saints mistakes on ST and the fumble. The score was not indicative of the play, imo.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How? The score was 16-0 at the half.

I think the shut-out had more to do with the Saints conservative approach, bad decisions and mistakes then anything spectacular by our D. NO D played us extremely tough. Honestly the halftime score could have easily been 6-3 or something close for either team.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW it would be nice for Jimmy to start showing up in big games

As Dierdord pointed out several times, Graham got open with nice separation and Brees didn't deliver the ball (or was busy throwing it to the opponent).

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the NO DEF actually outplayed SEA DEF forcing 3 FG in the 1st half, but in the end the SEA DEF was the difference in the game.

Both statements are puzzling to me. :scratch:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the shut-out had more to do with the Saints conservative approach, bad decisions and mistakes then anything spectacular by our D. NO D played us extremely tough. Honestly the halftime score could have easily been 6-3 or something close for either team.

Yeah pretty much. I remember last night fox showed total yards for both teams early in the 4th and the Saints had slightly over 200 while Seattle just had 188 at that point. If Ingram doesn't fumble and Peyton is more aggressive with his gameplan in the first half, I think it would've been 6-3 Seattle or a 6-6 tie going into the half

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

agreed tshirt. i never felt like the game was genuinely that competitive. the best the saints could do yesterday was just keep it from being a blowout. that was also helped by the fact that the seahawks offensive game plan was extremely conservative. they weren't looking to blow them out. so, even though the score was sometimes within 1 possession, the hawks were always in full control of that game imo.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both statements are puzzling to me. :scratch:

The first statement is not puzzling at all. Seattle couldn't do much all game on the Saints defense. 10 of their 16 points came due to a shitty punt and a fumble that had 2 of their drives starting inside the Saints 40. The Saints defense was just as dominant as Seattle's defense for most of yesterday as they forced Wilson to struggle and Bush 2 big hits in the game kinda made the Seattle WR's gun shy to go across the middle

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed tshirt. i never felt like the game was genuinely that competitive. the best the saints could do yesterday was just keep it from being a blowout. that was also helped by the fact that the seahawks offensive game plan was extremely conservative. they weren't looking to blow them out. so, even though the score was sometimes within 1 possession, the hawks were always in full control of that game imo.

Yep the game wasn't competitive even though the Saints were on the Seattle 25 with about 4 to go down 8 points:bullshit:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first statement is not puzzling at all. Seattle couldn't do much all game on the Saints defense. 10 of their 16 points came due to a shitty punt and a fumble that had 2 of their drives starting inside the Saints 40. The Saints defense was just as dominant as Seattle's defense for most of yesterday as they forced Wilson to struggle and Bush 2 big hits in the game kinda made the Seattle WR's gun shy to go across the middle

Which you wouldn't be saying if the Seattle D had caught any of the 3 INTs that Brisease threw right into the palms of the opponent.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep the game wasn't competitive even though the Saints were on the Seattle 25 with about 4 to go down 8 points:bullshit:

The point is that the Saints looked subpar and never had a chance to win the game.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you are correct. the saints puked on themselves and spotted the hawks a 16 pt lead. however, the hawks did exactly what they wanted to do once they built up a 16 point lead. i understood exactly what they were doing. a very conservative (but safe) offensive game plan/play calling is not going to create a blowout, but it is going to give their defense a better opportunity to close the game out, which is exactly what they did. survive and advance. the hawks weren't looking for style points yesterday, nor should they have. it would have been stupid as shit to be super-aggressive on offense in those conditions, with a 16 pt lead, and one of the best defenses in the nfl to close the game out. they did not need to be aggressive on offense yesterday but they always kept the saints at an arms' length and were always in control of that game. any 'yardage' stats you want to throw out were more of a result of the hawks building a 16 pt lead and then doing the smart thing.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SAINTS were more than competitive.

They outgained the Seahawks and outplayed them many times.
The Saints had inexplicable special teams meltdowns early which helped stunt their comeback.
The Seahawks looked nothing like a team that could win a superbowl or even one more game.

They have the worst offense in the playoffs and its getting worse.
They might consider a change at quarterback soon if it doesn't improve.
Wilson is in a complete and utterly ineffective month long slump.

And the defense allowed over 400 yards of offense as well....
to a 3rd string UPS driver running back we never heard of before.

Hey, a win is a win. Its better to win ugly than lose with efficiency.

But, they have a week to get their act together or the season ends soon.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SAINTS were more than competitive.

They outgained the Seahawks and outplayed them many times.
The Saints had inexplicable special teams meltdowns early which helped stunt their comeback.
The Seahawks looked nothing like a team that could win a superbowl or even one more game.

They have the worst offense in the playoffs and its getting worse.
They might consider a change at quarterback soon if it doesn't improve.
Wilson is in a complete and utterly ineffective month long slump.

And the defense allowed over 400 yards of offense as well....
to a 3rd string UPS driver running back we never heard of before.

Hey, a win is a win. Its better to win ugly than lose with efficiency.

But, they have a week to get their act together or the season ends soon.

:L