• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

well that was a waste of a year

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Y! SPORTS

saw the writing on that wall. still dont know why they kept him up

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect him to be back up at some point. He'll probably be a 4th liner for the playoffs, which I'm ok with.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect him to be back up at some point. He'll probably be a 4th liner for the playoffs, which I'm ok with.

Right, he's going down to the Q for the playoffs and will be back for NHL playoffs, when you dont want to dress a fighter for your 4th line.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Impossible to predict the future. Matteau could go down and be playing his best hockey to date, and that would most certainly be attributed to the pro-level coaching he got. He could also go down and be exactly the same which would also be attributed to the Devils organization taking the wrong track. Either way, this season, he got to play 3 months of Jr, got 2 months or NHL action in, and now he's going to get thrown right into the fires of the playoffs.

Sometimes Deboer gets knocked around for how he handles young players, but he's turned AH into a beast, Clarkson is night and day, Bernier is still young, and he's continued to transform Ilya into a deadly all zone player. Stay the course.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not really a waste when a 2nd contract of his ability and potential is practically the same as the elc

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only a big deal with big name players, lets be honest here Matteau won't be demanding huge money after his ELC, so we send him down for the playoffs and then bring him back up or he heads to Albany for the rest of the season.