• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well It's The Offseason And It's Slow

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way I would bring this up on the Politics board. But is time to address the 2nd Amendment and guns ownership / problems in America

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way I would bring this up on the Politics board. But is time to address the 2nd Amendment and guns ownership / problems in America
Those who support the 2nd amendment get guns.
Those who oppose the 2nd amendment get bullseye t-shirts.
1684280527285.png

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s long past time. I don’t know what the solution is but I dread the thought of my little boy getting gunned down at school by some lunatic.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about the guns, it's about the money and there's never a solution when things are about money.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's beat around the bush a few times.

"Gund don't kill people, people kill people."
"People are allowed to own guns and they use guns to kill people.
Guns are protected by an aged Constitution
Ammunition is not protected by the Constitution because there was no ammo when it was written.

Solution? Tax the living shit out of ammo and anything that can make ammunition. Lead. powder. brass.

Make a law that forbids anyone but a licensed ammunition manufacturer from buying or making anything can create ammunition.

Break the law and you forfeit a trial. You automatically are put to death within 72 hours. Any law maker or police person that interfere will also forfeit any legal recourse and be executed with 72 hours.

So a ten round box of 9mm ammo costs $3000 and 10 round box of 30-06 costs $9000. Kinda puts a damper on loading up.

Inow, I now....too radical. It's a lot easier to have a school shooting every other month.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ammunition is not protected by the Constitution because there was no ammo when it was written.

Solution? Tax the living shit out of ammo and anything that can make ammunition. Lead. powder. brass.

Make a law that forbids anyone but a licensed ammunition manufacturer from buying or making anything can create ammunition.

Break the law and you forfeit a trial. You automatically are put to death within 72 hours. Any law maker or police person that interfere will also forfeit any legal recourse and be executed with 72 hours.

So a ten round box of 9mm ammo costs $3000 and 10 round box of 30-06 costs $9000. Kinda puts a damper on loading up.

Inow, I now....too radical. It's a lot easier to have a school shooting every other month.
Great, get around one "perceived constitutional right" by violating another.

How about everyone read the constitution and see that while the people's right shall not be infringed, individual persons can. The term people does not mean multiples of persons. It's a broad category. You can add conditions to individuals and since many individuals can pass those conditions, the rights of the people are not infringed.

We know the term people is used colloquial to mean multiple persons, however, the constitution uses "persons" for multiples.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point today is that we no longer rely on a rifle to feed ourselves or our families. We no longer need a rifle to protect our homes and livestock.

I should have written my entire post in green.

I've been an advocate for the right to own a gun since I came back from 'Nam. Recently, I'm leaning more toward several things.

1. Making automatic weapons completely illegal to buy or manufacture. Have the government buy back all of them through a tax coupon or cash.
2. Make the penalty so severe that anyone who does not turn in an automatic weapon will be imprisoned in camp similar to a WWII Japanese prison camp.
3. Tax the hell out of ammunition. Put the gun ranges out of business unless they continue to have enough customers to justify staying open.
4. Make it illegal to have a magazine that carries more than three rounds. Make the fines and jail time punitive.

Just doing the above will solve about half, maybe 60% of the problem. We will never be able to get rid of 100% of the weapons out there. Get rid of those that are truly not designed for hunting or self defense in the home. Don't give me any bullshit about an AR-15 being for self defense. If you've never killed anyone, you don't speak with any expertise. Owning an AR-15 or an AK-47 doesn't make your dick any bigger.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point today is that we no longer rely on a rifle to feed ourselves or our families. We no longer need a rifle to protect our homes and livestock.

I should have written my entire post in green.

I've been an advocate for the right to own a gun since I came back from 'Nam. Recently, I'm leaning more toward several things.

1. Making automatic weapons completely illegal to buy or manufacture. Have the government buy back all of them through a tax coupon or cash.
2. Make the penalty so severe that anyone who does not turn in an automatic weapon will be imprisoned in camp similar to a WWII Japanese prison camp.
3. Tax the hell out of ammunition. Put the gun ranges out of business unless they continue to have enough customers to justify staying open.
4. Make it illegal to have a magazine that carries more than three rounds. Make the fines and jail time punitive.

Just doing the above will solve about half, maybe 60% of the problem. We will never be able to get rid of 100% of the weapons out there. Get rid of those that are truly not designed for hunting or self defense in the home. Don't give me any bullshit about an AR-15 being for self defense. If you've never killed anyone, you don't speak with any expertise. Owning an AR-15 or an AK-47 doesn't make your dick any bigger.
Why compare a full automatic weapon to a semi automatic?

A standard AR 15 is no more dangerous than any other semi auto. People look at it and throw the false narrative on it of it being an assault weapon. Can anyone tell us what an assault weapon is?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When you're right, you're right.

Nobody but the super elite should have the ability to:

1) Participate in shooting sports
2) Defend themselves
3) Hunt for trophy
4) Hunt to provisions

What will be great is when there are two classes, Billionaires/Politicians and everyone else. Then the Ruling class can be protected by armed security guards and the rest of us plebs can just obey and be happy that we're are being allowed to support the ruling class.

You know...breadlines are good....

Fuck that. That's the most asinine thing I've heard.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you're right, you're right.

Nobody but the super elite should have the ability to:

1) Participate in shooting sports
2) Defend themselves
3) Hunt for trophy
4) Hunt to provisions

What will be great is when there are two classes, Billionaires/Politicians and everyone else. Then the Ruling class can be protected by armed security guards and the rest of us plebs can just obey and be happy that we're are being allowed to support the ruling class.

You know...breadlines are good....

Fuck that. That's the most asinine thing I've heard.
I couldn't agree more regarding solutions involving money... There's a time and a place for that and the time and place is when an objective is to raise money, and not when the objective is to influence policy.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A standard AR 15 is no more dangerous than any other semi auto. People look at it and throw the false narrative on it of it being an assault weapon. Can anyone tell us what an assault weapon is?
A made up term to facilitate fear.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please explain why you need a 30 round clip??

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever go hog hunting and have a passel of hogs turn on you?

Well, me neither, but feral hogs are a SERIOUS issue and it is a real danger.
Not everybody can afford to do it from a helicopter.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People probably don't.

If that was the your only debate to make the world safer, I may agree. But you went all bezerk instead.

Is a 20 round mag ok?

10 round?

5?

Where does it stop?

If I want to kill a lot of unarmed innocent people people (a school setting) I could do it with a bolt action rifle.

Look at the joke of a country we have become for starters. Don't leave out our joke of a judicial system. Without turning this into anymore of a politic forum, bring back public executions. Yep, Sunday after church in the middle of town. Hang anyone using a gun to commit a crime. I guarentee the problem solves itself.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Easy. The term "assault weapon" came into being when politicians started trying to infringe on 2nd amendment issues.
"BROWN: The federal law restricting assault-style rifles and high-capacity magazines ran from 1994 to 2004. It barred the manufacture, sale and civilian use of new guns."
I don't know what the solution to gun violence is. I don't even own a gun or rifle.
I do know that if our government tries to ban "guns" I will immediately buy a Russian AK-47 and CZ 19 shot handgun and depending on circumstances, I might buy a .243 Winchester rifle for hunting and a shotgun for hunting. In case nut-jobs try to force @BigKen 's "solution"

The AR-15 was originally a legally owned public firearm. It became the M-16 when the military chose it and upgaded it to automatic weapons. The AR-15 was never an issue until liberals started calling them assault weapons.
Again, I don't know the solution but taking guns away from law-abiding citizens is not the answer/
Now folks like @BigKen that have publicly made threats of violence should not be allowed to have guns.
I will not speak on this subject further as it is a hot-button topic that knows no sense.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even own a gun or rifle.
In 2011 my wife bought me a Colt 100 year Anniversary 1911 in .45 acp. We shot it once...200 rounds?...I cleaned it and my son and I shot it again...300 rounds?...Cleaned, loaded ready to go.

I started working for a branch of my company that gave quarterly gift cards for every quarter we go without an incident.
I asked for Bass Pro GC's, which I saved up 5 or 6. 1st I bought my wife a S&W M&P Shield in 9mm in 2015. We shot it once, same 200 rounds or so.

Then I saved a bunch of them and bought myself a Daniel Defense AR15. I bought it on our 20th wedding anniversary a few years ago.
I have not loaded it. I have not put a bullet in a magazine, I have not put an empty magazine in the gun.

But I have it because the second amendment says I can.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the early 80's, I had a wife with a drug problem. I tried to ger her help but she would not cooperate.
Along the way, I became angry with the drug dealers - it was not hard to figure out who they were.
They started trying to collect money from me. I told them to stop selling to her. They did not comply.
My anger boiled over. I had dealers trying to find me and I started to turn them in.
In those days I had weapons. I had need for them too. They continued to look for me until I put them all in prison. This was a very dark time in my life. Early 90's I moved from California and sold my guns, divorced my wife and cjhanged my life. I no longer have a "need" for a gun - but if I did, I know how to use them. One of the reasons I do not own them is I would nor hesitate to use them.
I remember one dealer who showed up at my house only to find out I was outside in the bushes wiating with a semi-auto rifle. When I put it to his back and whispered "don''t move" hge pissed himself on my front porch. After makning my position clear, I let him walk. I sincerely hope it changed his life - it could have ended that day.