• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well it was fun while it lasted

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the same old garbage. It didn't even take 2 weeks. :whistle:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's easy to start thinking like that. i'm there a bit right now.

maybe the a's pitching just really is that good, though. gray's stuff was nasty.

i think we'll have a clearer picture once we finish this 4 game stretch in arlington. i'm giving it until we've faced all of our division rivals, at least, until i start getting too negative.

the lack of rhb, a woeful defensive outfiield, and the fact that morrison has to be treated with kid gloves is very discouraging, though.

pitching has been better than i could hope for, particularly the bullpen. i expected rodney to be good, but they've all done well so far. and the makeshift rotation has been better than okay.

Last edited by a moderator:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like we shouldnt have printed our playoff tickets after the first three games, we shouldnt be jumping off a bridge after the last few. I under its easy to be apathetic about this team when something goes wrong but I think they deserve a few more weeks.

I mean seriously we are 6-5 right now, did anyone think the record would be that good after 11 games because I didnt. They have also been in every game, losing by 3 today was the most lopsided loss so far. The A's have been good for a reason.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still trying to stay optimistic but these past couple of games have been incredibly frustrating

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at your schedule thus far and seeing your scores, I'd love to be in your shoes right now. Didn't know you guys had acquired Rodney. Hopefully he'll be a nice little boon for you.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodney is fine, but if you rarely have the lead in the 9th then not much of a addition. We are a near .500 team which for Mariners is a big year. We have a different scale of measuring success for baseball than most teams in the league. I think the Seahawks showed that if you expect to win it all it can be achieved. Mariners goal is just to compete and stay within budget. It's called the 'Mariner Way'.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really starting to beat a dead horse now on this Morales situation, but I really, really think the Mariners need to add him. The Mariners offense played well when Smoak was performing, his BA has sunk to the level expected of him and the Mariners could really use a guy who can hit .280 with 20HRs like Morales can, the Mariners need someone decent behind Cano.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really starting to beat a dead horse now on this Morales situation, but I really, really think the Mariners need to add him. The Mariners offense played well when Smoak was performing, his BA has sunk to the level expected of him and the Mariners could really use a guy who can hit .280 with 20HRs like Morales can, the Mariners need someone decent behind Cano.

I get the feeling Morales and Boras really pissed off Lincoln and the M's are just not going to give in. Hope I'm wrong as we desperately could use a RH bat.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the ship has sailed on Morales honestly. If this was January yes but now I don't think it makes sense.
First of all the guy hasn't seen live pitching of any kind since September of last year. If we signed him today he isn't going to jump into lineup and start producing. He will need probably a few weeks to get ready and by that time whos to say Hart or someone else isn't producing.

Second of all where are we playing Morales?. Because right now Hart is your DH and he cant really play anywhere else. I think its clear Smoak will be given every chance at 1st so I don't where Morales plays other then a platoon situation. In that case theres no reason to spend that kind of money on a platoon situation.

IF there was a guy out there that could play right field then it makes sense because our right field spot is pretty pathetic right now.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the feeling Morales and Boras really pissed off Lincoln and the M's are just not going to give in. Hope I'm wrong as we desperately could use a RH bat.

Seems to me like the Morales situation is a relatively simple one:
Corey Hart can't play the field yet. He's going to be the DH.
Morales will have to play first base if he is going to be in the lineup.
So it boils down to this: is the defensive dropoff with Morlaes at first base, worth the offensive upgrade you get from Morales at first base? I don't know that it is.

It would be nice to have Morales but the real offensive problem is the outfield. It sucks.

Almonte should be in AAA. Sure, he's a fireplug type, but what good is that if his talent is on a AAA level. He leads the entire American League in strikeouts. McClendon is kidding himself with this guy.

Romero isn't ready yet. He needs time in AAA. Seems like every time he hits, he's leaving a runner or two on base.

Morrison just needs to be DFAed.

Ackley and Saunders should be starting every game. Especially Saunders. I don't get how McClendon is using this guy. He's clearly the best offensive and defensive outfielder on the team. Saunders has a strong enough arm to play RF and he is fast enough to play CF. So they need to find either CF or a RF, depending on how they use Saunders. Maybe they bring up Endy, if they still have him.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TNT reporter tweeted today he turned down a 3/$30M offer earlier this off season from M's. He may get more, but how long is he willing to wait?

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6-5 and haven't even played the Astros yet. Let's wait a month before declaring anything. The A's are a very good team. I know it doesn't seem like it, but they find value all the time and always have great pitching. They also have a game changer in Cespedes. Something the M's really lack.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TNT reporter tweeted today he turned down a 3/$30M offer earlier this off season from M's. He may get more, but how long is he willing to wait?

Im the type of person that has a lot of pride and I would not over pay for a player. 3 years getting paid 10mill a season is more than fair for a player that can really only play the DH position. He doesnt make this team better atleast cano from what it seems is influencing the locker room.

its crazy how in football a 30 year old player would have takin that deal and ran for the hills

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are two important things to remember about the A's and why the past few games shouldn't be discouraging:

1) They're the two-time defending division champs for a reason. They're pretty good.

2) I believe they have the best ERA in the American League so far this year. They can pitch.

The Rangers haven't been as good as expected so far and their pitching has been middle-of-the-pack in the AL without a couple of their starters. As has been demonstrated in this game, they can get knocked around pretty good.

The Marlins, our next opponent, are in last place in their division and their team ERA is over 4.00. I believe the offense will go back to resembling the offense that we saw against the Angels on the rest of the road trip. Guys that have been struggling with the bat could get much healthier on this trip.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every time i see ackley run for a play i get afraid.

he is not good out there.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see Elias face teams for the third time. The league will have a better book on him by then and he will have to start making some adjustments.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Rangers haven't been as good as expected so far and their pitching has been middle-of-the-pack in the AL without a couple of their starters.

the rangers are simply decimated from top to bottom. pitching, offense, fielding, everything.

not being able to win this series or at least win 2 of 4 would be a harbinger of really hard times to come

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers are in some deep deep trouble.