• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well, I will stoop this low...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't read too much in a single game, but a relatively close win against the packers is much more impressive than a closer win against a far worse panthers team. Comparing week one matchups doesn't favor you.

That said, it's one week.

Nice win over the Bills ..... a MUCH worse team than the Panthers mind you. Also the Hawks game wasn't really as close as the score. Penalties by the Hawks killed drives and also allowed the Panthers to continue drives leading to points. Those stupid plays will get limited over the course of the season. Also don't count on Sherman to drop many balls that hit him right in the Hands.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't read too much in a single game, but a relatively close win against the packers is much more impressive than a closer win against a far worse panthers team. Comparing week one matchups doesn't favor you.

That said, it's one week.

Beating a top 10 Panther defense that is improved from last year on their home field in the first game of the year in 90+ degree weather and humidity is more impressive than barely holding on to win at home against a terrible defense that left Bouldin open all day long.

But a last second FG to beat the Bills is a very impressive showing. :lol:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what the NFL Net crew said. They pointed out that this victory was VERY impressive and with everything working against the Hawks as far as the Massive travel, the 10 am start, in hot and humid weather that was killing both teams, and the fact it was game #1 where the Panthers wanted to make a statement in that this was one of the more impressive wins last Sunday in this short season so far. They also said the Pats victory should be one of MUCH concern for them but also pointed out that its early and Bill will get it figured out and a win is still a win.

Last edited by a moderator:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with an earlier comment that said that hoping for an injury to the other team, short-term or otherwise, suggests that you have little confidence that the Hawks can beat San Francisco without some sort of help in the form of an injury. This team should be inspiring more confidence than that at this point. Besides, it's more fun to brag about beating a rival when they're at full strength than when they're down a player or two.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with an earlier comment that said that hoping for an injury to the other team, short-term or otherwise, suggests that you have little confidence that the Hawks can beat San Francisco without some sort of help in the form of an injury. This team should be inspiring more confidence than that at this point. Besides, it's more fun to brag about beating a rival when they're at full strength than when they're down a player or two.

:agree: totally

I wish Clemons/Irvin/ Avril and Browner would all play vs the 49ers. having almost 40% of your starting D out is not helpful. but i have to admit that the Depth we have is very nice, Very nice indeed. Hopefully Avril and Browner are back and that McDaniels and Mebane are 100% after playing at around 70% against the Panthers.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win over the Bills ..... a MUCH worse team than the Panthers mind you. Also the Hawks game wasn't really as close as the score. Penalties by the Hawks killed drives and also allowed the Panthers to continue drives leading to points. Those stupid plays will get limited over the course of the season. Also don't count on Sherman to drop many balls that hit him right in the Hands.

I am solely commenting on the poster claiming the Seahawks were more impressive than the niners week one.

I also specifically said judging on one week is silly.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in his defense there was a 49er fan on here saying he hoped that the midget QB got his knees tore up. But i do not defend anyone that wishes injury on ANY team... unless its on the Pats.

How is that a defense? Screamin, I'm not sure what you are defending. Because some idiot asshole Niner fan decided to make a brain-dead statement doesn't mean that it discounts the stupidity coming from Shark's mouth.

Suhsyourdaddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares who's week 1 win was more impressive. Both teams needed to be 1-0 going into this game, otherwise a loss would have been pretty hard to overcome. I think the majority of Niners fans expected that kind of game against a very good offensive team in GB. I predicted we would shread them through the air and we did just that. Their secondary isn't great by any means, but you had to know they would sell out to stop our running game. I didn't expect them to do as good as job as they did, but we still got the job done. Carolina on the road was a very impressive win as well. I thought they would struggle, and while some of you thought would struggle, I'm sure there were many Hawks fans who weren't expecting such a struggle. A win is a win, and they aren't easy to come by in the NFL, so both teams should be happy.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares who's week 1 win was more impressive. Both teams needed to be 1-0 going into this game, otherwise a loss would have been pretty hard to overcome. I think the majority of Niners fans expected that kind of game against a very good offensive team in GB. I predicted we would shread them through the air and we did just that. Their secondary isn't great by any means, but you had to know they would sell out to stop our running game. I didn't expect them to do as good as job as they did, but we still got the job done. Carolina on the road was a very impressive win as well. I thought they would struggle, and while some of you thought would struggle, I'm sure there were many Hawks fans who weren't expecting such a struggle. A win is a win, and they aren't easy to come by in the NFL, so both teams should be happy.

I agree. A win is a win. But when someone is claiming a narrow win over the mediocre panthers is the main reason the Seahawks should be favored when the 49ers beat a very talented packers more handily, I will comment on it.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. A win is a win. But when someone is claiming a narrow win over the mediocre panthers is the main reason the Seahawks should be favored when the 49ers beat a very talented packers more handily, I will comment on it.

Carolina is a decent team but the Packers are an elite team and look much improved on defense. I would be a liar if I didn't say I'm concerned about playing Seattle in Seattle but, I was also concerned about playing the Pack and beating them 3 consecutive times.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam could have the pro bowl WR corps and wouldn't scare me.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is a new england fan doing posting on a seattle board on a topic about the seahawks-49ers?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is that a defense? Screamin, I'm not sure what you are defending. Because some idiot asshole Niner fan decided to make a brain-dead statement doesn't mean that it discounts the stupidity coming from Shark's mouth.

I was not really defending him if you read my post fully, but i can see why he would say that because of what a 49er fan said. I was just pointing that out is all. I would NEVER wish harm to any team other than like i said the Pats. Why the Pats? how many Superbowls have they won after cameragate? ZERO NADA ZIP NONE. Damn Cheaters. That was lower than the lowest thing you could do.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EU1O-hGxgg]Shady Brady and Bill Belicheat - YouTube[/ame]

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is a new england fan doing posting on a seattle board on a topic about the seahawks-49ers?

I post on nearly every active NFL board on threads of interest. It is a great matchup; not sure why you should be bothered that fans of other teams are interested in it.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not really defending him if you read my post fully, but i can see why he would say that because of what a 49er fan said. I was just pointing that out is all. I would NEVER wish harm to any team other than like i said the Pats. Why the Pats? how many Superbowls have they won after cameragate? ZERO NADA ZIP NONE. Damn Cheaters. That was lower than the lowest thing you could do.

Shady Brady and Bill Belicheat - YouTube

I wouldn't be throwing the cheater term around too loosely if I were a Hawks fan. :whistle:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can throw it around as loosely as i want. Sure we have had some problems with people using PED's but so have almost every team in the NFL INCLUDING the 49ers. That doesn't make a team become elite like the Hawks and 49ers are. All it does is make people who do not like said team more vocal lol. Robotic are you bitter because WSU beat on USC or because Pete left because players like BUSH were selfish and hurt the team after he left? Just a question is all.

Still shocked that WSU beat USC :laugh3:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still shocked that WSU beat USC :laugh3:

So am I, and I'm more shocked that the game wasn't even as close as the score. If the Cougars had a half-way decent QB that game would have been a blow out. I didn't think it possible that there was a FBS school with a worse QB than WSU.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I post on nearly every active NFL board on threads of interest. It is a great matchup; not sure why you should be bothered that fans of other teams are interested in it.

Well...it's a common trend that I've noticed since half way through last season. Random GB and New England posters would find their way to the Seattle message boards. On ESPN articles about Seattle that have no relation to New England...I would also find a lot of random New England fans posting...usually with negative comments.

So I guess my guard is just up when I see a random New England fan posting on a Seattle board. If you're truly here to have a conversation about football...then I have no issue.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say that i want anyone to get hurt, but i also cant say that if Aaron rodgers got one of his legs broken off in his ass that i wouldn't be somewhat happy. Without him Green Bay wouldnt have a chance.