• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well, help me with my playoff league

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but you may shoot yourself in the foot if you don’t plan ahead.

8 teams play this week. You gotta hit some of the big games from the losing players.

sure, but you may also shoot yourself in the foot if you are playing from behind the whole time.

crazy thing about these leagues, you gotta make a lot of right decisions. Any big misses and you got no chance no matter what.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The downfall would be that you don’t get to use Lamar Jackson or Pat Mahomes.

I think Milk’s strategy is a great way to finish top 3 in a 12 man league. I don’t think it likely to yield a win though. Too conservative.
Well you would probably get use use one of those in the SB................or the Pats get their shit together and you get Brady...........that would suck.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For example, I am definitely starting Dalvin Cook and Derrick Henry if I think they are losing.

Take a defense from a team I think can win with a good matchup, but not somebody I expect to go far.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For example, I am definitely starting Dalvin Cook and Derrick Henry if I think they are losing.

Take a defense from a team I think can win with a good matchup, but not somebody I expect to go far.
Yep. Those two r locks

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I

100% totally agree with that. I'm thinking maybe Hyde at flex (might be good fer a GL plunge or 2) Scott or Howard (but you have to wonder which sees the most touches). SP needs to make a line up and have us rip it apart................lol.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure, but you may also shoot yourself in the foot if you are playing from behind the whole time.

crazy thing about these leagues, you gotta make a lot of right decisions. Any big misses and you got no chance no matter what.

That is the point though.

sticking with QBs and defenses from the same conference is not taking a chance.

You virtually guarantee you won’t win if you use that strategy in a league with 40 entries.

and of course. You pick the games wrong you are going to lose. That is a given. But if you pick them right, you give yourself a really good chance to win and to beat everybody who takes it 1 week at a time.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I

100% totally agree with that. I'm thinking maybe Hyde at flex (might be good fer a GL plunge or 2) Scott or Howard (but you have to wonder which sees the most touches). SP needs to make a line up and have us rip it apart................lol.
on it......

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok folks at first go, rip it apart

QB-Wilson
RB-Henry
RB-Cook
WR-Cole Beasley
WR-Tyler Lockett
WR-Diggs
WR-Edelman
TE-Goedert(ertz hasnt been cleared for contact)
K-Fairbairn
D/ST-Houston

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

QB-Wilson
RB-Henry
RB-Cook
WR-Cole Beasley
WR-Tyler Lockett
WR-Diggs
WR-Edelman
K-Fairbairn
D/ST-Houston
I like the Beasly start as you can play Brown if they win. Do you think Seattle will lose? Also like the D/K and was gonna suggest them both. Watt coming back could be a good thing...............wonder how long he will last?

EDIT: I was thinking maybe DK instead of Lockett.............

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

QB-Wilson
RB-Henry
RB-Cook
WR-Cole Beasley
WR-Tyler Lockett
WR-Diggs
WR-Edelman
K-Fairbairn
D/ST-Houston

Looks pretty good to me

who you got in the Super Bowl?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Beasly start as you can play Brown if they win. Do you think Seattle will lose? Also like the D/K and was gonna suggest them both. Watt coming back could be a good thing...............wonder how long he will last?

EDIT: I was thinking maybe DK instead of Lockett.............
I truly don't know in the Seattle philly game. I dunno in watt he's gotta be juicing he's never been A quick recover but he's playing, a lot supposedly.

I thought about metcalf too, he's just not as consistent target wise and philly cbs don't scare me

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been very critical of Wilson on the main boards. I also know he's being pumped for this weekend. But he's been bad. I just read this on him.

"After a ridiculous start to the season where he averaged 24.94 fantasy points over the first nine games, Wilson hasn't even cracked 20.22 fantasy points since that time. Since the start of Week 10, Wilson was the No. 21 fantasy quarterback. He hasn't thrown more than 286 yards or two touchdowns in any game, including his Week 12 matchup with the Eagles where he completed 13-of-25 passes for 200 yards, one touchdown, and one interception. The 9.5 fantasy points he scored in that game was his worst total of the season, though the defense he'll play this week may look a little different. Cornerback Ronald Darby is out for the year, while Jalen Mills and Avonte Maddox are questionable. Those were the starting cornerbacks in Week 12. If you were to look at fantasy points allowed to quarterbacks, you'd see they've allowed the 14th-fewest points, but if you remove rushing totals, they've allowed the 13th-most fantasy points to them. The 7.24 yards per attempt and 4.39 percent touchdown-rate aren't far from the league average, but the reason quarterbacks tend to do well against them is based on volume, as not many teams have success running the ball. There have been six quarterbacks who've thrown at least 39 pass attempts against them. Obviously, the Seahawks didn't have Wilson drop back very often in the first matchup, as they won that game, 17-9. Will it be different the second time around? The unfortunate part is that it's hard to see the Eagles rack-up points on anyone right now with how banged-up they are, and the Seahawks are not the type to run-up the score when they have a lead. Given Wilson's price at $6,800, which is the highest on the slate, he's an easy fade in cash. It's hard to say he's a great play in tournaments considering the lack of firepower on the Eagles offense, though it's also hard to completely write-off one of the best quarterbacks in the game."

Talk me out of josh Allen.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've pivoted to Allen. I also put in Hopkins. Bad matchup be damned I Have to use him with that target volume over diggs. He may not play again.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've pivoted to Allen. I also put in Hopkins. Bad matchup be damned I Have to use him with that target volume over diggs. He may not play again.

I won’t talk you out of that. Allen is risky, but I think a good option.

You should at least consider Brees though. Because his next 2 matchups are less than ideal.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won’t talk you out of that. Allen is risky, but I think a good option.

actually i was thinking about things wrong, you are correct. Brees is the play.

Then someone next week, hopefully leaving lamar and mahomes as my conference and superbowl qbs, hopefully i can guess that AFC championship game correct, and be able to use both.......or play it safe and use one each of the next two,

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO I HAVE

Brees

Cook
Henry

Lockett
Hopkins
Beasley
Edelman

Goedert

Dan Bailey

Eagles D

im torn on kicker and D TBH

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round 1 I used these guys, so they are off limits. Im in 11th out 38(i think). That cole beasley pick bit me. As did brees over josh allen, but not bad. Everyone ahead of me had DK metcalf, that was the big factor.

Brees

Cook
Henry

Lockett
Hopkins
Beasley
Edelman

Goedert

Dan Bailey

Eagles D.

So where Do i Go this week????

QB-mahomes?
RB-Aaron Jones
RB-Dam Williams?
WR-Metcalf
WR-Thielen or diggs?
WR-D.Adams?
TE-Kelce?

It gets hard here. The RB's arent good, and it would be slim pickens after this round.......WR's and TE's too....Do you just make your best lineup each round and hope for the best?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB-Wilson/Rodgers (Weather can change all of that though.)
RB-Jones
RB-Hyde (Yeah, I said it.)
WR-Metcalf
WR-Diggs
WR-D.Adams
TE-Kelce

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB-Wilson/Rodgers (Weather can change all of that though.)
RB-Jones
RB-Hyde (Yeah, I said it.)
WR-Metcalf
WR-Diggs
WR-D.Adams
TE-Kelce
I'm mostly on board but projecting out leaves very thin at wr and tight end he'll even be. Guess to be expected .

But my biggest fear is what if Lamar or mahomes loses this weekend? Or if you pick the Kc vs bmore game wrong. You lose your chance to use mahomes or Lamar.