• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well, help me with my playoff league

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here is my playoff league. I like this one.

"Rosters are not used - instead, this league is a contest-type league, whereby an owner can start any NFL player 1 times per season."

So the gist is, you set a lineup for wild card weekend, divisional games, conference championships, and the superbowl. You set a NEW lineup each week. Once you use a player you cannot re-use them. So if i start brees this weekend, and they go to the superbowl, he cannot be used any of the other 3 games.

So you kinda are rooting for some guys to have monster games and lose. So who would you set for this weekend. Here is the scoring

upload_2020-1-1_22-11-14.png

Rosters are

1 QB,2RB, 3WR, 1 Flex, 1TE, 1K,1D

I assume that when it gets to the superbowl, guys may be starting 3-4 string tight ends, or back up QB's. Also may not be able to start a kicker or a D due to being used already possibly.

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-1_22-9-13.png
    upload_2020-1-1_22-9-13.png
    231.2 KB · Views: 1

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here is my playoff league. I like this one.

"Rosters are not used - instead, this league is a contest-type league, whereby an owner can start any NFL player 1 times per season."

So the gist is, you set a lineup for wild card weekend, divisional games, conference championships, and the superbowl. You set a NEW lineup each week. Once you use a player you cannot re-use them. So if i start brees this weekend, and they go to the superbowl, he cannot be used any of the other 3 games.

So you kinda are rooting for some guys to have monster games and lose. So who would you set for this weekend. Here is the scoring

View attachment 228489

Rosters are

1 QB,2RB, 3WR, 1 Flex, 1TE, 1K,1D

I assume that when it gets to the superbowl, guys may be starting 3-4 string tight ends, or back up QB's. Also may not be able to start a kicker or a D due to being used already possibly.

QB, and TE are not the problems it is WR and RB... a simple strategy, would be to pick QBs, and TEs, K, and D, from only one CONFERENCE(not necessarily the same), so you would definitely have one for the SB

so this week i would go

QB- Russell Wilson
RB- Derrick Henry
RB- James White( even if the patriots win, you can still have a RB from the patriots)
WR- Lockett
WR- Metcalf
WR- Hopkins
FLex- Boston Scott(why not??)
TE- Cook
K- Who cares
D- Seahawks

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB, and TE are not the problems it is WR and RB... a simple strategy, would be to pick QBs, and TEs, K, and D, from only one CONFERENCE(not necessarily the same), so you would definitely have one for the SB

so this week i would go

QB- Russell Wilson
RB- Derrick Henry
RB- James White( even if the patriots win, you can still have a RB from the patriots)
WR- Lockett
WR- Metcalf
WR- Hopkins
TE- Cook
K- Who cares
D- Seahawks
yeah i like some of those, im gonna post my gut players once i see a few peoples picks

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so this week i would go

QB- Russell Wilson
RB- Derrick Henry
WR- Lockett
WR- Metcalf
WR- Hopkins
TE- Cook
K- Who cares
D- Seahawks

I like that.
Bills D instead, no Nuk, no Cook.

I'd hit up Ertz or Goedert. Like Stills and Fuller more than Nuk.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that.
Bills D instead, no Nuk, no Cook.

I'd hit up Ertz or Goedert. Like Stills and Fuller more than Nuk.
but which one, both arent gonna go off, thats the problem

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way to win this format is to pick who you think is going to play in the Super Bowl
And work backwards, Saving some of the studs so that have guys to play in every round.

of course, if you pick wrong you are kind of screwed.

But setting lineups weekly without a long term plan almost predestines that you won’t win it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For example, if you think the Ravens and 9ers are playing in the Super Bowl, your Super Bowl
Lineup would look something like this:

QB: LJ
RB: Ingram
RB: Mostert
WR: Samuel
WR: Sanders
WR: Brown
TE: Andrews
FLex: Coleman
DST: Baltimore
k: Tucker

Just for example.

make sure you get games from all your studs by playing them before you project them to lose.

oh, and I would use Goedert this week at TE.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way to win this format is to pick who you think is going to play in the Super Bowl
And work backwards, Saving some of the studs so that have guys to play in every round.

of course, if you pick wrong you are kind of screwed.

But setting lineups weekly without a long term plan almost predestines that you won’t win it.

I disagree... a lot... actually... QB, TE, D, K are pretty easy to handle...

WR/RB are the difficult ones... but either way you are going to need to start #2 WRs...

So it is really RBs, that are the problem... So, basically, you will be lucky to be starting 2 #1 RBs... But if you accumulated enough points every other week, you should manage

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree... a lot... actually... QB, TE, D, K are pretty easy to handle...

WR/RB are the difficult ones... but either way you are going to need to start #2 WRs...

So it is really RBs, that are the problem... So, basically, you will be lucky to be starting 2 #1 RBs... But if you accumulated enough points every other week, you should manage

If you don’t plan ahead, you lose to somebody that does.

It is that simple.

There is a greater sample of RBs to choose from in every round prior to the Super Bowl which is why you have to work backwards.

That doesn’t mean you have to have every stud from the Super Bowl teams in your Super Bowl lineup. But you better have a few.

And QB not so easy if you use Brees and LJ early and their teams are playing.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or is the kicker scoring weird? You get 3 points for kicking a FG, then an additional amount of points based off distance? So a 40 yard FG is worth 6 pts?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is that simple.

There is a greater sample of RBs to choose from in every round prior to the Super Bowl which is why you have to work backwards.

That doesn’t mean you have to have every stud from the Super Bowl teams in your Super Bowl lineup. But you better have a few.

QB is easy, even if you use brees or jimmy grapes early... If you only use one conference for QB, you will always have a QB...

Same thing for TE, D, and K..

example- Brees, Rodgers, Grapes, and then the AFC superbowl team

Last edited:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is that simple.

so are you saying for qb's play the scrubs early, RB's play the studs early?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or is the kicker scoring weird? You get 3 points for kicking a FG, then an additional amount of points based off distance? So a 40 yard FG is worth 6 pts?
i just noticed that?>!? i dont know tbh, this is completely new to me.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so are you saying for qb's play the scrubs early, RB's play the studs early?

Not at all.

I am saying to plan backwards from your projected Super Bowl matchup and start the best options available in each round based on those matchups while still saving a strong Super Bowl lineup.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I probably start Wilson at QB this week because I think he has a good matchup and I doubt Seattle goes past the Divisional round if they win this week.

And I start studs like Dalvin and Derrick Henry who I think are likely to lose.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I like what Milk is saying about QB though. If you use QB from NFC you could go Wilson, Brees (unless there is an upset) then probably Jimmy G...........and no doubt have a QB fer the SB. Use all the studs this week from teams that should lose (Henry and Cook fer sure, would have to think a bit fer more, but I'm not a fan of Nuke this week). The only downfall with this would be if a team like Tenn was to run the table (I would not be too surprised to see them beat NE) but Tanny has been pretty damn good.............interesting set up. I think I like it.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that is pretty weird. I play in one league where a 22 yarder is worth 2.2 and a 63 yarder is worth 6.3 but nothing that seems to double every 10 yards.............