• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well, help me with my playoff league

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or is the kicker scoring weird? You get 3 points for kicking a FG, then an additional amount of points based off distance? So a 40 yard FG is worth 6 pts?
Nevermind, that 's exactly how ours is set up. See my last post and that is how it will be scored.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I like what Milk is saying about QB though. If you use QB from NFC you could go Wilson, Brees (unless there is an upset) then probably Jimmy G...........and no doubt have a QB fer the SB. Use all the studs this week from teams that should lose (Henry and Cook fer sure, would have to think a bit fer more, but I'm not a fan of Nuke this week). The only downfall with this would be if a team like Tenn was to run the table (I would not be too surprised to see them beat NE) but Tanny has been pretty damn good.............interesting set up. I think I like it.

the trick would be whoever QB you pick in the first round, if that team wins, then you pick whichever qb that team faces...

For example, if you pick Brees, and the saints win this week, then you have to go Rodgers... you cant risk not having a QB for the conference finals...

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or is the kicker scoring weird? You get 3 points for kicking a FG, then an additional amount of points based off distance? So a 40 yard FG is worth 6 pts?
Nevermind again, I see what you mean. Looks like if say Lutz hits 3 FG's he gets an automatic 9 points, and whatever distance added. So, if he hits 3 40 yarders he will get 9 fer 3 FG's and 12 fer the distance of the FG's. Yeah, I can't really see them meaning that................but that's how I read it.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW @SteelersPride

Since yer doing this on MFL there is a pretty cool way to look at depth charts (it has helped me a lot with my playoff league). Go to Reports/Player/Full Free Agent Listing and you can sort by team.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you guys feel about josh Allen week1. I heard @tlance say Russ. Allen has just been better lately n has a good matchup. Likely won't go far. S

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the trick would be whoever QB you pick in the first round, if that team wins, then you pick whichever qb that team faces...

For example, if you pick Brees, and the saints win this week, then you have to go Rodgers... you cant risk not having a QB for the conference finals...
Yes that's always an option too, that's not a bad idea.
Anyone else like this? If so who would u play? Also if u did Brees, it leaves the afc open for mahomes and Lamar later

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes that's always an option too, that's not a bad idea.
Anyone else like this? If so who would u play? Also if u did Brees, it leaves the afc open for mahomes and Lamar later

this strategy guarantees you a QB every week... the downside is that you are not necessarily playing your FAVORITE matchup of the week... But it is QB, and chances are they will all be semi similar...

But I would definitely start off with Wilson, especially since the Seahawks defense is much worse than the Saints defense...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this strategy guarantees you a QB every week... the downside is that you are not necessarily playing your FAVORITE matchup of the week... But it is QB, and chances are they will all be semi similar...

But I would definitely start off with Wilson, especially since the Seahawks defense is much worse than the Saints defense...
I actually didn't mind going brees. The thing that has me with Russ is he's had some real duds in the past sixish weeks.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all.

I am saying to plan backwards from your projected Super Bowl matchup and start the best options available in each round based on those matchups while still saving a strong Super Bowl lineup.
I see what you are saying. I like that strategy, but it also implodes at the first big upset, like u said. But I'm a genius so it won't fail, right?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I like what Milk is saying about QB though. If you use QB from NFC you could go Wilson, Brees (unless there is an upset) then probably Jimmy G...........and no doubt have a QB fer the SB. Use all the studs this week from teams that should lose (Henry and Cook fer sure, would have to think a bit fer more, but I'm not a fan of Nuke this week). The only downfall with this would be if a team like Tenn was to run the table (I would not be too surprised to see them beat NE) but Tanny has been pretty damn good.............interesting set up. I think I like it.

The downfall would be that you don’t get to use Lamar Jackson or Pat Mahomes.

I think Milk’s strategy is a great way to finish top 3 in a 12 man league. I don’t think it likely to yield a win though. Too conservative.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The downfall would be that you don’t get to use Lamar Jackson or Pat Mahomes.

I think Milk’s strategy is a great way to finish top 3 in a 12 man league. I don’t think it likely to yield a win though. Too conservative.
39 participants right now.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you guys feel about josh Allen week1. I heard @tlance say Russ. Allen has just been better lately n has a good matchup. Likely won't go far. S

I think Allen has a very good matchup.

But, this is his first time in the playoffs and Romeo Crennel is one of the better D coordinators at there. He could muck up Buffalo’s game plan giving Allen a low floor, but also a high ceiling.

I like Wilson because Philly is a pass funnel defense and Seattle has no running game to speak of. They are going to need aggressive Russ early and often.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Allen has a very good matchup.

But, this is his first time in the playoffs and Romeo Crennel is one of the better D coordinators at there. He could muck up Buffalo’s game plan giving Allen a low floor, but also a high ceiling.

I like Wilson because Philly is a pass funnel defense and Seattle has no running game to speak of. They are going to need aggressive Russ early and often.

Depending on your Saints outlook, this could also be a great week to use Brees.

You probably don’t want to use him @SF and I think home vs. Minny is a better spot than @Lambeau.

Unless you are saving him for the Super Bowl this might be the best time.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on your Saints outlook, this could also be a great week to use Brees.

You probably don’t want to use him @SF and I think home vs. Minny is a better spot than @Lambeau.

Unless you are saving him for the Super Bowl this might be the best time.
I was thinking that too. I do like the saints to come Out of the nfc. But is rolling him this week, then trading for Rodgers next week horrid?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then way less likely to win the more participants you have.

Not sure how many gets paid, but you need to be more aggressive with 39 players.

depending on the payouts... but the more participants, the luckier you need to be...

If only the winner gets money, then I would go all out, every week just make my best lineup and just hope I can roster a full lineup every week...

But the more payouts, the safer I would play it... because at least I will have a chance going into the SB...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking that too. I do like the saints to come Out of the nfc. But is rolling him this week, then trading for Rodgers next week horrid?

I probably wouldn’t use Rodgers at all to be honest. Just me though. He hasn’t been very good outside of a couple favorable matchups. But it all depends on who you want to use Super Bowl week.

And you need to make sure you get to use Lamar whatever you do. If he is your Super Bowl QB, then pivoting to Mahomes in the NFC championship and Lamar in the Super Bowl could work quite nicely.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depending on the payouts... but the more participants, the luckier you need to be...

If only the winner gets money, then I would go all out, every week just make my best lineup and just hope I can roster a full lineup every week...

But the more payouts, the safer I would play it... because at least I will have a chance going into the SB...

I can’t play for anything but first.

if you are playing to win, then create your optimal lineups each week based on who you think will win the games. You adjust if you get something wrong, but as long as you get the Super Bowl matchup correct and map backwards, you give yourself the best chance.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t play for anything but first.

if you are playing to win, then create your optimal lineups each week based on who you think will win the games. You adjust if you get something wrong, but as long as you get the Super Bowl matchup correct and map backwards, you give yourself the best chance.

but all strategies feel the same week one. After that you are going to see what path to go depending on how well you did the first week

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but all strategies feel the same week one. After that you are going to see what path to go depending on how well you did the first week

but you may shoot yourself in the foot if you don’t plan ahead.

8 teams play this week. You gotta hit some of the big games from the losing players.