• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welker Pick Play

rehone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welker deliberately targeted Talib and that was hardly a "pick" play as he turned his body and hit him with his shoulder deliberately. I guess it was a good play since he got away with it. It certainly hampered our defense which was playing well and in the total scheme of things only gave up two touchdowns to a really great offense.

Was Welker deliberately trying to hurt Talib? I doubt it but he certainly should have been called for a pick or offensive pass interference but then would it have mattered? Again it was our offense that let us down and not the defense. If you told me we would hold them to 26 points I would have bet we would have won the game.

Good year considering the age of the team and injuries. Now I have to decide who to root for in Superbowl. I was leaning one way but reserve the right to change my mind like any woman.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edelman put a hurt on one of Denvers D'backs earlier. I thought it was retaliation. It was meant to be a hard hit. I doubt he meant to injure Talib.....

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welker deliberately targeted Talib and that was hardly a "pick" play as he turned his body and hit him with his shoulder deliberately. I guess it was a good play since he got away with it. It certainly hampered our defense which was playing well and in the total scheme of things only gave up two touchdowns to a really great offense.

Was Welker deliberately trying to hurt Talib? I doubt it but he certainly should have been called for a pick or offensive pass interference but then would it have mattered? Again it was our offense that let us down and not the defense. If you told me we would hold them to 26 points I would have bet we would have won the game.

Good year considering the age of the team and injuries. Now I have to decide who to root for in Superbowl. I was leaning one way but reserve the right to change my mind like any woman.

No he should not have been called for a pick The BLOCK occurred the same time the receiver touched the ball, therefor its a block.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he should not have been called for a pick The BLOCK occurred the same time the receiver touched the ball, therefor its a block.

You might want to watch that one again. Saw it broken down in slow mo and Welker contacts Talib while the ball is 3-4 feet from the receiver.

Not that I'm on board with overreacting to the play. It just wasn't a block.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might want to watch that one again. Saw it broken down in slow mo and Welker contacts Talib while the ball is 3-4 feet from the receiver.

Not that I'm on board with overreacting to the play. It just wasn't a block.

As many times as I have watched it, it appears simultaneous to me, therefore a block. Any fan of any team that thinks the refs in the heat of the game at full speed can call that differently is in straight up homer mode. I guarantee you had the shoe been on the other foot fans of this team would be screaming at the top of their lungs about it being a simultaneous play.

I am not going to argue it further, to many Pats fans get their diapers in a knot way to easily. IMO the correct call was made.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps Pats fan do get soiled diapers but I'm not one of them. If you did freeze the play, I don't know how you could call that simultaneous.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Seattle!

:suds:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tgann!

You said it brother but it's gonna take a lot for them to pull this one off.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wassup NE!

I am in the other side of that. I think Manning has an uphill battle. Settles D allowed the fewest YAC of anybody an Denver's wr's had the most. The only question is can Denver's wr's sustain constant hitting and I don't think they can. Proof of this is Welker against the Ravens he always got "alligator arms in the 4th.

And I don't think Denver can stop Lynch.

Thots?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thots?

I hope you're right~

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an attempt at a block that was too early and should have been flagged. No, it wasn't a legal block. It was obviously early.

But it wasn't a cheap shot either. Just a block that got there a couple steps early.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps Pats fan do get soiled diapers but I'm not one of them. If you did freeze the play, I don't know how you could call that simultaneous.

It was an attempt at a block that was too early and should have been flagged. No, it wasn't a legal block. It was obviously early.

But it wasn't a cheap shot either. Just a block that got there a couple steps early.

Okay here we go again. The officials during the play called nothing because it was not a foul, the league reviewed it in slow mo, high def, with stop go technology and said it was not a penalty. But of course the couch potato Pats fans got it right. Well shit it all makes sense now!

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Mr. Sunshine....do YOU see it? I did.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Mr. Sunshine....do YOU see it? I did.

I have seen the play again and again and it has been explained again and again by experts refusal to accept those findings is not my issue. My bottom line they got it right, the league feels the same way. I am done with this, not gonna spin my wheels.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay here we go again. The officials during the play called nothing because it was not a foul, the league reviewed it in slow mo, high def, with stop go technology and said it was not a penalty. But of course the couch potato Pats fans got it right. Well shit it all makes sense now!

Where did the league say it was not a penalty?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This play happens a lot! Just do happened that Talib got hurt by it and it looked more violent than all the other pick plays out there.

Do people honestly think a guy with concussion problems was told, "Hey go out there and attack Talib and injure him." I don't, especially considering it's Welker. The league did not fine or suspend Welker and rightfully so this is football... crap like this happens.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when I watched the play....it looked like Welker was looking at Manning the whole time. Welker and Talib didn't see each other.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This play happens a lot! Just do happened that Talib got hurt by it and it looked more violent than all the other pick plays out there.

Do people honestly think a guy with concussion problems was told, "Hey go out there and attack Talib and injure him." I don't, especially considering it's Welker. The league did not fine or suspend Welker and rightfully so this is football... crap like this happens.

Pretty much it. But I try to avoid arguing opinion you can never win. The league reviewed it said it was not a penalty. It's hard to think people would expect a ref at game speed to make that call. I have said in different conversation one more ref on the field might no be a bad idea.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was on ESPN

Yahoo!

Then they need a head of officiating with working eyes.

I said it's not something that gets called at game sped. But it was obviously early on replay.