• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welcome Back Metta World Peace

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown got cut for World Peace who has been a mentor to the new guys and brings the type of defense Scott wants to see. His tenacity and leadership will be a good benefit

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MWP was washed up 3 years ago. He brings nothing of value as a player.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's taking the 15th spot. He's there to tutor Randle. He won't add much, if anything, else. It was between him and Jabari Brown who brings offense and not much else.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's taking the 15th spot. He's there to tutor Randle. He won't add much, if anything, else. It was between him and Jabari Brown who brings offense and not much else.
I think being a player coach for Randle brings a lot. With Metta teaching him and Worthy as an assistant coach, he is going to be there a lot faster

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can mentor guys in a suit. Total waste of space. Brown at least has a serviceable NBA skill and could actually develop into a useful cog. Stupid and short-sighted move.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can mentor guys in a suit. Total waste of space. Brown at least has a serviceable NBA skill and could actually develop into a useful cog. Stupid and short-sighted move.
Obviously the Lakers don't agree and I don't either. I learned to play chess by playing experts and I can beat some of the best, you don't learn without getting into the game. That's what Metta is doing. I do kind of wish they could have kept Brown or sent him down to the D-League though and brought him back next year

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B.Scott has already said he wants a 9 to 10 man rotation. MWP would hardly get any playing time at all unless serious injuries happen.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we were talking about a spot where the guy is actually going to play, I'd agree. But we're talking about the 15th spot on the roster. A guy like Jabari will develop fastest by getting playing time. He will get that on the D-fenders, not so much on the Lakers.

Captain Confusion

I Can't Remember the last time I was here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's back so he can shill his latest endeavor.....

Elbow-Eliminator.jpg

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we were talking about a spot where the guy is actually going to play, I'd agree. But we're talking about the 15th spot on the roster. A guy like Jabari will develop fastest by getting playing time. He will get that on the D-fenders, not so much on the Lakers.

Sounds like Jabari will go to Europe. That's a much better opportunity for him. He destroyed the D-league last season. He can make more money and play against better competition in Europe.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty much this.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think he would though. Brown is at the point where he's earned a shot to see if he can make it at the NBA level. He played very well in the D-League beforehand and did a solid enough job at the end of last season to make the roster this year. By being on an NBA roster, he's surrounded by NBA coaches and going up against NBA players in practice. Even if he doesn't get into the games much, he's still getting that experience. Iron sharpens iron. It's not like the Upshaw deal where the kid wasn't ready to see if he can swim. Brown is. LA could have had its cake and ate it too by paying MWP to be an advisor and gave Brown the roster spot. That's why its stupid.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he would though. Brown is at the point where he's earned a shot to see if he can make it at the NBA level. He played very well in the D-League beforehand and did a solid enough job at the end of last season to make the roster this year. By being on an NBA roster, he's surrounded by NBA coaches and going up against NBA players in practice. Even if he doesn't get into the games much, he's still getting that experience. Iron sharpens iron. It's not like the Upshaw deal where the kid wasn't ready to see if he can swim. Brown is. LA could have had its cake and ate it too by paying MWP to be an advisor and gave Brown the roster spot. That's why its stupid.

Agree with much of this. But we're still talking about the 15th spot. He had all of training camp to solidify his spot on the roster and couldn't get it done. Randle is also far more important to the Lakers future than Jabari Brown. Maybe they figure MWP can do a better job mentoring him as a teammate rather than as a consultant in a suit?

Either way, not a big deal. It's not as if either player is going to make a difference in how the season turns out.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with much of this. But we're still talking about the 15th spot. He had all of training camp to solidify his spot on the roster and couldn't get it done. Randle is also far more important to the Lakers future than Jabari Brown. Maybe they figure MWP can do a better job mentoring him as a teammate rather than as a consultant in a suit?

Either way, not a big deal. It's not as if either player is going to make a difference in how the season turns out.
In my opinion it makes a difference because there is nothing like a heated battle over and over - I know I have spent a lot of hours playing my computer chess and had to up the level a few years ago to about six or something. Its taken some practice to learn how to beat it on a regular basis

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be fun to watch just to see if he shanks someone.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be fun to watch just to see if he shanks someone.
When the Lakers are playing against the team Matt Barnes is on, I hope they put in Metta for that purpose lol