• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welcome Back Melo

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God. I couldn’t take another Whiteside vs TRistian thread.

good for Melo. Maybe he’s rested now to where he can D up

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should’ve been signed there 2 years ago...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. He was too good a player for his career to end the way it was looking. He deserved at least one more go round.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have been a Warrior to start the year.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be interesting. I doubt that he has forgotten how to score. So if he takes an attitude similar to the one Dwight has had so far with Lakers and accepts a 15-20 minute per game coming off the bench role...he could help them.

If not, he could wreck their season.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be interesting. I doubt that he has forgotten how to score. So if he takes an attitude similar to the one Dwight has had so far with Lakers and accepts a 15-20 minute per game coming off the bench role...he could help them.

If not, he could wreck their season.
Dwight wasn't all together to blame for his problems in the past in my opinion - I think in most of those situations, he wasn't really a good fit. Coming to the Lakers in my opinion was a humbling experience which he accepted and Either way past and present a far better player then Melo. I would wish him good luck, but I want any good luck to go the Lakers - so I'm going to be selfish here:lol:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight wasn't all together to blame for his problems in the past in my opinion - I think in most of those situations, he wasn't really a good fit. Coming to the Lakers in my opinion was a humbling experience which he accepted and Either way past and present a far better player then Melo. I would wish him good luck, but I want any good luck to go the Lakers - so I'm going to be selfish here:lol:

He wasn't a good fit because he wouldn't work hard enough when needed and wanted to be a bigger part of the offense then he was capable of handling. Add in his "just want to have fun" head space he was in at the time and it was unavoidable disaster pairing him with Kobe.

Melo has gotten a bad rap for no real reason. He is what he is, an aging scorer that doesn't bring much else to the table at this point. To get practically black-balled is ridiculous.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't a good fit because he wouldn't work hard enough when needed and wanted to be a bigger part of the offense then he was capable of handling. Add in his "just want to have fun" head space he was in at the time and it was unavoidable disaster pairing him with Kobe.

Melo has gotten a bad rap for no real reason. He is what he is, an aging scorer that doesn't bring much else to the table at this point. To get practically black-balled is ridiculous.
Quite frankly, I have never liked Carmelo as a player. I think he is selfish, doesn't play much defense and is a dirty player when he does play defense. So far Dwight Howard has proven his ability to change and work within a system. If Carmelo does the same and proves himself - I will gladly change my mind about him. I do agree, though that Dwight was lazy and just wanted to have fun - that was a huge part of. The game started changing around that time, however and was no longer the same for the big men. I still think there is a place for big men and how to make them effective in the game. It's just going to take some talented coaches that knows how to integrate them into the small ball that most teams like to play.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite frankly, I have never liked Carmelo as a player. I think he is selfish, doesn't play much defense and is a dirty player when he does play defense. So far Dwight Howard has proven his ability to change and work within a system. If Carmelo does the same and proves himself - I will gladly change my mind about him. I do agree, though that Dwight was lazy and just wanted to have fun - that was a huge part of. The game started changing around that time, however and was no longer the same for the big men. I still think there is a place for big men and how to make them effective in the game. It's just going to take some talented coaches that knows how to integrate them into the small ball that most teams like to play.

As a Syracuse fan, I will always be a Melo fan at some level. I can admit to being homeristic a bit, lol.