• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welcome back, Dominic Leone

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only he was bringing his 2014 pitching arm with him.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lame that Cleveland got Lopez and Moore. Two dudes the Mariners could’ve used for September at least.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lame that Cleveland got Lopez and Moore. Two dudes the Mariners could’ve used for September at least.
I predict this will change next year. This is a sham for MLB and not a good look. Like I said before, it is just like the NBA when all these stars get released after the deadline and go to big teams creating an even bigger gap between markets. This was ugly IMO.

If you are going to allow this, then change the claim system. If you claim, you go to the end of the line. You should not have complete control of the market.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict this will change next year. This is a sham for MLB and not a good look. Like I said before, it is just like the NBA when all these stars get released after the deadline and go to big teams creating an even bigger gap between markets. This was ugly IMO.

If you are going to allow this, then change the claim system. If you claim, you go to the end of the line. You should not have complete control of the market.
100% correct. Easiest post I can agree to in months.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they need to push the trade deadline to August 15th if they aren’t going to reimplement the waiver deadline and allow the waiver system to continue this way. Heard a good analogy earlier that how can fantasy football have a better claim system than baseball.

Agree with is a bad look for baseball, but luckily Cleveland made those claims. Had those three made it to the Blue Jays then Manfred would have to be having a press conference to address it. Had that happened the Mariners, Rangers and Astros would’ve made a big deal about it cause it would’ve almost certainly guaranteed 1 of the 3 would be left out of the playoffs because an inter division rival.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard a good analogy earlier that how can fantasy football have a better claim system than baseball.
Yes they use a snake system and you g back to the end of the line after a claim. That is how it should be.

I think they need to push the trade deadline to August 15th if they aren’t going to reimplement the waiver deadline and allow the waiver system to continue this way.
I have no problem pushing the trade deadline back, but there should not be a waiver period after that date. It is bad for sports. How can you make moves for 3/4ths of a year using your best strategy then have standings decided by the luck of positioning and luck of players being released? That is bad business.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they use a snake system and you g back to the end of the line after a claim. That is how it should be.

I have no problem pushing the trade deadline back, but there should not be a waiver period after that date. It is bad for sports. How can you make moves for 3/4ths of a year using your best strategy then have standings decided by the luck of positioning and luck of players being released? That is bad business.
See I’m cool with the waiver deadline. In theory, it makes the sport better for fans IMO. The Angels on paper are the exact reason the waiver deadline was a thing. A team that “went for it”, and it failed, so they could admit that it was a mistake so could undo that by trading. Big difference now is A. The waiver process, I think most people didn’t realize, was as messed up as it is then B. Has zero effect on the team getting rid of the player or the team picking the player up.

Every transaction whether positive or negative should have a repercussion. Either you have to give up a prospect, force to give the team money, or get a prospect. It shouldn’t be a team that is fringe in the playoffs can get rewarded for sucking getting all of the good players, nor should a team like Cleveland and the Angels get rewarded for screwing their division rivals.

IMO it was just a really crappy system that MLB didn’t realize could happen until this year cause no team has gone for it and gotten to a point where the entire team was put on waivers. I am guessing Rendon passed through waivers but no one cares.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See I’m cool with the waiver deadline. In theory, it makes the sport better for fans IMO. The Angels on paper are the exact reason the waiver deadline was a thing. A team that “went for it”, and it failed, so they could admit that it was a mistake so could undo that by trading. Big difference now is A. The waiver process, I think most people didn’t realize, was as messed up as it is then B. Has zero effect on the team getting rid of the player or the team picking the player up.

Every transaction whether positive or negative should have a repercussion. Either you have to give up a prospect, force to give the team money, or get a prospect. It shouldn’t be a team that is fringe in the playoffs can get rewarded for sucking getting all of the good players, nor should a team like Cleveland and the Angels get rewarded for screwing their division rivals.

IMO it was just a really crappy system that MLB didn’t realize could happen until this year cause no team has gone for it and gotten to a point where the entire team was put on waivers. I am guessing Rendon passed through waivers but no one cares.
I am not sure how it makes the sport better. What if instead of Cleveland claiming them a team like Texas or Houston got all of them? Or Rays or Orioles? I don't think teams should be gifted high end players because one guy decided to dump scary at the end of August. It doesn't make baseball sense. To me it is a slap in the face to all GM's who built their teams the right way only to be outdone by a waiver process. Don't like it. Will never like it. Not in its current form.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure how it makes the sport better. What if instead of Cleveland claiming them a team like Texas or Houston got all of them? Or Rays or Orioles? I don't think teams should be gifted high end players because one guy decided to dump scary at the end of August. It doesn't make baseball sense. To me it is a slap in the face to all GM's who built their teams the right way only to be outdone by a waiver process. Don't like it. Will never like it. Not in its current form.
If Texas or Houston has to give up something? IMO that makes the sport better. The gifting is what I am arguing against. Giolito should’ve been waived, Anaheim asks for a certain level prospect, Cleveland would’ve said no, he gets waived again, then the process repeats itself. That evidently isn’t how it is set up which I guarantee the MLBPA didn’t realize the waiver process could be used the way the Angels did and there will be grievances filed. From my limited understanding was the MLBPA agreed to the 1 deadline because the players didn’t want multiple deadlines so they wouldn’t have to deal with being traded multiple times.

I would’ve been okay with it, but would’ve felt dirty if the Mariners were 3 games out of the final wild card and they were able to grab 3 impact players like Cleveland did and 2 the Reds got. My conspiracy theory is MLB and MLBPA didn’t realize it could play out like this, Tony Clark called up MLB then Manfred got on the phone with all of the teams who are “in it” but have zero shot of making an impact and said claim them or else. The Mariners, Angels and Rangers have huge leverage for that scenario to happen for this upcoming relocation vote.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Dunn scheduled for yet another surgery. Too bad. The kid had a lot of promise at one time.