• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Weird CFB stats of the season so far

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can say Jim Harbaugh is doing a good job while also saying Jim Harbaugh needs to win more games than he currently is and also that he hasn't earned his paycheck yet.
These 2 together make no sense.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These 2 together make no sense.
Sure it does. He hasn't done an elite job. He hasn't won a B10 title, beaten OSU...ect. But he hasn't done a bad job either. He's done a good job but I would like it to be better. I dont' think that's a conflicting statement.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has he done other then let his assistants coach? He is not a defensive guy, so no coaching there. He is supposed to be an offensive guy but he shit the bed on that and turned it over to a newbie. If you mean he kept his hands off and thats how he improved the team you are right.
I think being a good coach also means surrounding yourself with good coaches. Saban has shown a knack for that at Alabama. So did Urban; both guys had coordinators immediately bump to head coaches around the country. Heck, Urban left one in charge at OSU. I don't think Harbaugh is keeping his hands off of this offensive improvement, because there's lots of elements to this offense that screams old Harbaugh (good and bad). But there's no way to say for sure what's happening behind the scenes. Fact is, this Harbaugh coached team is getting better after switching offensive coordinators and systems.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it does. He hasn't done an elite job. He hasn't won a B10 title, beaten OSU...ect. But he hasn't done a bad job either. He's done a good job but I would like it to be better. I dont' think that's a conflicting statement.
A good job means earning his pay. If he is not doing that he is not earning his pay. If he was making half of what he is them maybe he is doing a good job. Yes pay does matter with regards to evaluating the job he is doing.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think being a good coach also means surrounding yourself with good coaches. Saban has shown a knack for that at Alabama. So did Urban; both guys had coordinators immediately bump to head coaches around the country. Heck, Urban left one in charge at OSU. I don't think Harbaugh is keeping his hands off of this offensive improvement, because there's lots of elements to this offense that screams old Harbaugh (good and bad). But there's no way to say for sure what's happening behind the scenes. Fact is, this Harbaugh coached team is getting better after switching offensive coordinators and systems.
We saw the Harbaugh led offense last year.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good job means earning his pay. If he is not doing that he is not earning his pay. If he was making half of what he is them maybe he is doing a good job. Yes pay does matter with regards to evaluating the job he is doing.
Pay doesn't really concern me. I'm not paying it. In terms of head coaching, he's doing a good job. I wish he were doing a great job.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you are saying is Harbaugh lied when he said this is Gattis’s offense and he was going to be hands off.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We saw the Harbaugh led offense last year.
The offense wasn't always the issue last year. It started slow against ND, and it was missing some key players in the bowl loss to Florida. Against OSU we scored 39 points; which is usually enough to win any game. Fact is, you're probably not winning games you let opposing teams score 41 and 62 points in.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense wasn't always the issue last year. It started slow against ND, and it was missing some key players in the bowl loss to Florida. Against OSU we scored 39 points; which is usually enough to win any game. Fact is, you're probably not winning games you let opposing teams score 41 and 62 points in.
42 points is a defensive manhandling in the Big12

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you are saying is Harbaugh lied when he said this is Gattis’s offense and he was going to be hands off.
I'm not sure. I think that it's not the whole truth. I don't think any head coach is entirely hands off on both sides of the ball. I think Harbaugh lets Gattis control a lot but I think Harbaugh also has final say in a lot of things and he does influence it.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure. I think that it's not the whole truth. I don't think any head coach is entirely hands off on both sides of the ball. I think Harbaugh lets Gattis control a lot but I think Harbaugh also has final say in a lot of things and he does influence it.
So yes, Harbaugh lied

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So yes, Harbaugh lied
Lie seems like an aggressive take on that. I think he wanted to show support for Gattis early on, show support for the system and show support that he wasn't going to be a micro manager. But I also think he obviously, as head coach, has influence on the offense. I'm sure it wasn't Gattis who insisted on using a fullback early on in the season and has since abandoned. But like any program, we're never going to get a full answer on who does what or who did what.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pay doesn't really concern me. I'm not paying it. In terms of head coaching, he's doing a good job. I wish he were doing a great job.
You are paying it every time you watch a game or buy something with the M.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"against OSU we scored 39 points"

:laugh3:

The Buckeye D last year finished the season ranked 53rd in the country, they were awful.

meeeechegan's D finished 16th & still gave up an all time worst 62 to Ohio State last year.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"against OSU we scored 39 points"

:laugh3:

The Buckeye D last year finished the season ranked 53rd in the country, they were awful.

meeeechegan's D finished 16th & still gave up an all time worst 62 to Ohio State last year.
Right. It was the defense though. If Michigan scores 39 against OSU and OSU scores 7, the headlines read "Michigan dominates OSU". That loss wasn't on the offense.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. It was the defense though. If Michigan scores 39 against OSU and OSU scores 7, the headlines read "Michigan dominates OSU". That loss wasn't on the offense.

You're right that ass whooping wasn't on the offense. It was on Harbaugh. After all he's the coach.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait
MnB09 starts great thread talking about an incredible stat.
People divert the discussion to Harbaugh.
MnB09 can't stop defending Harbaugh and Michigan.

giphy.gif

14-Dying-of-Laughter-Gif.gif