• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Weezy on Leno

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a great picture, but the volume is the most important ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franchez on Lopez.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, time to get a new 2B...

Sorry, I bleed too much black and orange. I am over Freddie :(

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, time to get a new 2B...

Sorry, I bleed too much black and orange. I am over Freddie :(

Yeah..too pc for me

he knows what side of the line he is on..

reminds me too much of Brett Butler .. said all the right things but bolted for the blue as soon as he could..

*Edit* Cal - just saw your post at the other board .. has the same Brett Butler, Jeff Kent feel to it..

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah..too pc for me

he knows what side of the line he is on..

reminds me too much of Brett Butler .. said all the right things but bolted for the blue as soon as he could..

Wow. I just said almost the EXACT thing over on the dumdum board...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that mean you guys would have a problem with Andre Eithier on this team?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that mean you guys would have a problem with Andre Eithier on this team?

Ethier is from Arizona though no? Did he grow up a Dodger fan?

I think they're more annoyed by the SoCal love than a player actually playing for the Dodgers. I for one would love to have Ethier patrolling RF for the Giants.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ethier is from Arizona though no? Did he grow up a Dodger fan?

I think they're more annoyed by the SoCal love than a player actually playing for the Dodgers. I for one would love to have Ethier patrolling RF for the Giants.

OK so no one from SoCal can play for us? Like, Krukow? Or more currently, Konerko?

This is silly to get worked up about.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind the SoCal love so much (heck, I live in SoCal). IT was all the Dodger love that made me hurl.

If he grew up a Mariner fan, and still had a little place in his heart for the M's, I would not like it, but it would not be a cardinal sin.

If he grew up a Dodger fan, but had completely renounced the Devils in Blue, then I would embrace him with open arms.

But I got the feeling that he is a true blue and that is unforgivable.

Robbie's place in my heart is now safe (at least until the next G's 2B comes along to challenge).

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK so no one from SoCal can play for us? Like, Krukow? Or more currently, Konerko?

I didn't really get that impression from Cal or Anthem. But I should have replaced "SoCal" with "Dodger fan" in my explanation. Personally, I don't mind any players as long as they help the Giants win.....Franchez, Butler, Kent included.

Doesn't bother me one bit, but I can see why people would be annoyed that Freddy said "Giants for life" (or something to that effect) while at the SF Victory Parade and then kind of being wishy washy once in LA. I don't mind though, he helped in bringing a WS Title to SF. He's all good by me ;).

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It almost used to be that way .. had doubts when Dusty Baker became the Giants hitting instructor...too young to even imagine that Roger Craig once played for <gasp> the blue!

My personal Giants/dodger rules (containing, but not limited to)
How much of a part of the Giants/dodgers rivalry the player is...for example, there's no questioning guys like Krukow who bleeds orange n black and despises everything dodger, therefore place of birth inconsequential (he had little control over that, so he gets a pass) ...and guys like Cory Snyder, who came from the dodgers, they're almost irrelevant.. merely bit players in the Giants/dodgers rivalry.

But the two examples I mentioned earlier, stuck with me as a fan. Brett Butler was an awesome Giant. As a kid, we always called the leadoff guy on our elementary school team "Bugsy", regardless of who was batting leadoff in the lineup that game. He was the consummate leadoff hitter and most importantly -> got so fired up during Giants/dodger rivalry.

... so when Butler became a free agent ... and immediately signed with the dodger scum and gushed on and on about being a dodger was a lifelong dream blah blah .. I felt betrayed a little. *I think I recall Butler shedding tears at the signing *yakkk*

Kent did the same, although he was with the Astros before that and gave the same media friendly speech when he signed his deal.

So...after hearing Franchez' speech at the parade (who wants to hear the word dodger at the Giants victory parade anyway :D) and then seeing how his references were all about LA being his home...

it felt a little Brett Butler-esque on my dodger hater detector.. kinda cool that Cal caught that vibe, too.

This almost prompts me to make an all-time dodgers to hate list ... but I'm lazy :p

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It almost used to be that way .. had doubts when Dusty Baker became the Giants hitting instructor...too young to even imagine that Roger Craig once played for <gasp> the blue!

My personal Giants/dodger rules (containing, but not limited to)
How much of a part of the Giants/dodgers rivalry the player is...for example, there's no questioning guys like Krukow who bleeds orange n black and despises everything dodger, therefore place of birth inconsequential (he had little control over that, so he gets a pass) ...and guys like Cory Snyder, who came from the dodgers, they're almost irrelevant.. merely bit players in the Giants/dodgers rivalry.

But the two examples I mentioned earlier, stuck with me as a fan. Brett Butler was an awesome Giant. As a kid, we always called the leadoff guy on our elementary school team "Bugsy", regardless of who was batting leadoff in the lineup that game. He was the consummate leadoff hitter and most importantly -> got so fired up during Giants/dodger rivalry.

... so when Butler became a free agent ... and immediately signed with the dodger scum and gushed on and on about being a dodger was a lifelong dream blah blah .. I felt betrayed a little. *I think I recall Butler shedding tears at the signing *yakkk*

Kent did the same, although he was with the Astros before that and gave the same media friendly speech when he signed his deal.

So...after hearing Franchez' speech at the parade (who wants to hear the word dodger at the Giants victory parade anyway :D) and then seeing how his references were all about LA being his home...

it felt a little Brett Butler-esque on my dodger hater detector.. kinda cool that Cal caught that vibe, too.

This almost prompts me to make an all-time dodgers to hate list ... but I'm lazy :p

This is pretty close to my feelings.

It is not a quantifiable reaction, so I can not defend it down to the decimal, but if a current Giants yearns for the days when he was a Doggie fan and acts like he is "with the enemy", then he comes across as a mercenary.

Butler was a great Giant, but he left to go the Doggies and basically said that was where his heart was all along. That is betrayal.

Clark left the Giants to go to the Rangers, his childhood team, but it was not the same thing. There is no deep ingrained rivalry between the two teams, and ultimately, Clark came home and is now 100% part of the family.

I do not have the same feelings about Kent, though. He left to play for the 'stros and THEN went to the Doggies. Also, RIGHT upon retirement, he came home and declared his allegiance. Whether that was political or not does not matter. He took a stand.

Freddie is still a Giant, yet he declared his childhood love for the enemy DURING THE CHAMPIONSHIP PARADE and then, a week later, he is practically apologizing for playing for the Giants.

I am not 100% out on him, there is still plenty of time left for him, but he has begun digging the hole...