• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 9 vs. Packers

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So on to the game:

This defense reminds me of last year, in that they looked horrible early on but are making great strides. They are really starting to meld.

The O-Line is on point as usual, it would be nice to get Michel back but we can't argue what Patterson did last night and I have to wonder if they are setting up some post season razzle dazzle as it relates to him. White is what he is just an all around solid RB. And once again the Pats show they do not need Gronk to win big games. Is he nice to have? Sure but I think I am past all his hype anymore.

Great win..

Patterson was a baller last night.
Game ball in my opinion.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is there a shortage of WRs?

Edelman - Nowhere near the receiver he was two years ago. He's dropped a lot of passes. The knee injury has him just a bit off.

Hogan - He's been dealing with a bunch of minor injuries and has not been Mr. 7-11. He's really having a difficult time getting any separation at all.

Gordon - Finally starting to get Brady's trust and his targets have been going up steadily while Hogans have gone down.

Dorsett - He got into the Packer game and made a couple of nice catches but disappeared. A reliable WR can't do that.

Patterson - He's been more used as a RB than a WR. He's not a great route runner and Brady likes his guys to be in certain places at certain times and Patterson hasn't been there.

Having a big WR like DT would have given Brady at least one more option. He did hit Allen once but he's not very fast and doesn't have reliable hands. How many times did Gordon dislocate his fingers last night? (three?) Hopefully he doesn't mess them up or break them. I'd like to see at least one more fully reliable big receiver, but it won't hppennow. They have to live with what they have.

Oh yeah, Slater. He was in for one offensive series last night and might as well have stayed on the side.

I really think at times you're a bit delusional or buy into the general hype created by media. The WR corps in place is fine for the way the Pats run their offense. The majority of passes are quick short passes there is no need for some big bodied WR, for the most part never really has been. When need be that is where Gronk comes in. I simply think the train of thought that we needed to grab a WR before the trade deadline was misguided. This is not to say it's not a position that needs attention and we will likely see that in the FA Offseason and draft.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think at times you're a bit delusiona

I really think at times that you honestly blieve that the only opinion that matters is your's.

It's seems that 90% of what I post causes you pure angst regardless of the topic. If you don't like what I have to write, put me on "IGNORE" and you won't see it.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think at times that you honestly blieve that the only opinion that matters is your's.

It's seems that 90% of what I post causes you pure angst regardless of the topic. If you don't like what I have to write, put me on "IGNORE" and you won't see it.

No need to act like a bitch? See the real issue here is that you object to people challenging your train of thought, it's to the point of being narcissistic, but in truth you rarely have an original thought you just regurgitate what you read from the media.

This being said if my responses to you continually cause you to have a knot in your diaper, put me on ignore then you won't feel so accosted. See it can work both way's.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to act like a bitch? See the real issue here is that you object to people challenging your train of thought, it's to the point of being narcissistic, but in truth you rarely have an original thought you just regurgitate what you read from the media.

This being said if my responses to you continually cause you to have a knot in your diaper, put me on ignore then you won't feel so accosted. See it can work both way's.

Have fun day playing with yourself since no one else in school will play with you.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it's funny here that I agree with aspects of both of your arguments...

YR - I agree BK's analysis on this topic seems delusional - but no need to insult his process or deny him the right to have and express an opinion.

BK - Yup, YR can be an Ass.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YR - I agree BK's analysis on this topic seems delusional - but no need to insult his process or deny him the right to have and express an opinion.

I did not deny him anything, again I challenged his train of thought and he bitched up. He has done this in the past as well. Seems like when people disagree with him he gets all whiney.

And yeah I can be an ass but that is not the case here. Read back he once again got all bent out of shape because someone challenged his perspective, to the point of him asking me to put him on ignore. Cmon man really, man up, ignore? I guess the answer is we should just agree with him as to avoid damaging his fragile ego? Well not me, as I replied he can put me on ignore seeing as that appears to be a viable option for him.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not deny him anything, again I challenged his train of thought and he bitched up. He has done this in the past as well. Seems like when people disagree with him he gets all whiney.

And yeah I can be an ass but that is not the case here. Read back he once again got all bent out of shape because someone challenged his perspective, to the point of him asking me to put him on ignore. Cmon man really, man up, ignore? I guess the answer is we should just agree with him as to avoid damaging his fragile ego? Well not me, as I replied he can put me on ignore seeing as that appears to be a viable option for him.
Come on YR - you like to push buttons. Overall, I'm okay with that...

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you tell me this isn't the best thing you'll see all week, I won't believe you.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rewatched the game for the second time on the NFL Network last night. New LB John Simon had two tackles and both were against run stoppers. Reviewed the stats and nobody had more than three solo tackles but nearly everyone had 3. Somehow, some way, everyone was playing the Belichick "Do Your Job" defense. It looks like the defense finally understands what Flores wants each of thyemto do.

Anyone notice that Flores has made some subtle changes in the defense? Linebackers no longer cover TEs, it's the responsibility of the safeties to cover the middle? Pats are going 5-2 on first down and switch to 4-2 on second and sometimes third to get into the nickel. They went nearly 100% with 3-2 or even 3-1 on 'must' pass situations and still the DL kept Rodgers in check.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So who on here is not an ass?
We're Patriots fans, asses by birthright!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who on here is not an ass?
We're Patriots fans, asses by birthright!
Massholes through and through. You can take the boy out of Taxachusetts's but you can't take the ass out of a Masshole. :D

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:I wear that badge proudly:yo:

th