• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 9 vs. Packers

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers has his way with our secondary.

Pats 28
Pack 31

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats D plays up to the challenge. Brady and the offense play with urgency since we have no running game. Pats pull out in front early but then Rogers and co start to catch up, making it a nail biter that comes down to the wire.

Rogers falls short as his final go ahead drive falls short in the waning seconds but this time he can't blame it on another teammate.

Pats 37 Cheesedicks 33

I fucking hate the Packers. Please BB, find a way.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers has his way with our secondary.

Pats 28
Pack 31

I felt like an idiot the few times I went against the Pats, but if the D plays Sunday nite like they have the past few weeks, they’ll lose ... Rogers will pick em apart like Foles did in the SB

... and I hate Green Rogers

Aaron Bay by two scores

... I hope I feel like an idiot Monday morn ... no, really

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be another long ass day. I forgot to set my clocks back last night and got up at what I thought was 6:07 this morning. Didn't touch my phone. Sat in front of the TV to watch the news and got the time........5:22 am...........

I'll be napping this afternoon.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be another long ass day. I forgot to set my clocks back last night and got up at what I thought was 6:07 this morning. Didn't touch my phone. Sat in front of the TV to watch the news and got the time........5:22 am...........

I'll be napping this afternoon.

Me too. Only way I realized it was that I woke up and my cell was right there....

As far as the game goes... I think this is the game the Patriots lose. Too many question marks and even if they play you don't truly know how healthy they are

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN gives the Pats a 68% to 31.7% chance to win... I don't buy that all..

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and now McDaniels is back open to other coaching jobs his focus is elsewhere

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's why the Patriots are favored tonight.

Packers at HOME........3-0-1 (Tie w/Vikings) Pts for=79 Pts against=53

Packers on ROAD........0-3-0 Pts for=67 Pts against=91

Patriots at HOME........4-0-0 Pts for=146 Pts against=91

Patriots on ROAD........2-2-0 Pts for=94 Pts against= 83

Packers are averaging 23 points scored and are allowing an average of 30 on the road and the Patriots are averaging 37 at Home.

Just the facts....no fake news.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots just announced that Rob Gronkowski is out for the Green Bay Packers.

I just don't understand Belichick's logic. He has a shortage of WRs and yet he doesn't make a deal for DT or Golden Tate. There were other WRs that he could have had for low to mid round draft choice. It doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense that he didn't fortify a questionable group. I wouldn't expect a deal for a TE but a Damaryus Thomas could step in and fill Gronk's shoes for at least one game.

Without a running game, tonight could be a another offensive fiasco.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had enough of James Andrews the cemter. He missed a block that nearly got Brady ki8lled. It also killed a drive. Every fucking week he does this at least once if not twice. He just plain misses. It's pathetic that he can't even chip a defensive lineman. Scar will be all over his ass but the damage can't be undone. I'd like to see Karras get a chance or Borweko when he heals, if he heals.

Fortunate that the secondary is playing better, except Chung who doesn't understand that you don't watch a guy catch a football then tackle, you get in front of him and take the pass away or make the QB look somewhere else. Graham is having his best day already against Chung.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt like an idiot the few times I went against the Pats, but if the D plays Sunday nite like they have the past few weeks, they’ll lose ... Rogers will pick em apart like Foles did in the SB

... and I hate Green Rogers

Aaron Bay by two scores

... I hope I feel like an idiot Monday morn ... no, really

don’t have to wait for Monday ... you’re already an idiot

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots just announced that Rob Gronkowski is out for the Green Bay Packers.

I just don't understand Belichick's logic. He has a shortage of WRs and yet he doesn't make a deal for DT or Golden Tate. There were other WRs that he could have had for low to mid round draft choice. It doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense that he didn't fortify a questionable group. I wouldn't expect a deal for a TE but a Damaryus Thomas could step in and fill Gronk's shoes for at least one game.

Without a running game, tonight could be a another offensive fiasco.
How is there a shortage of WRs?
Edelman
Hogan
Gordon
Dorsett
Patterson
Slater (albeit in a pinch)

You have White who catches the ball well and has lined up a WR.

And some decent TEs.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So on to the game:

This defense reminds me of last year, in that they looked horrible early on but are making great strides. They are really starting to meld.

The O-Line is on point as usual, it would be nice to get Michel back but we can't argue what Patterson did last night and I have to wonder if they are setting up some post season razzle dazzle as it relates to him. White is what he is just an all around solid RB. And once again the Pats show they do not need Gronk to win big games. Is he nice to have? Sure but I think I am past all his hype anymore.

Great win..

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So on to the game:

This defense reminds me of last year, in that they looked horrible early on but are making great strides. They are really starting to meld.

The O-Line is on point as usual, it would be nice to get Michel back but we can't argue what Patterson did last night and I have to wonder if they are setting up some post season razzle dazzle as it relates to him. White is what he is just an all around solid RB. And once again the Pats show they do not need Gronk to win big games. Is he nice to have? Sure but I think I am past all his hype anymore.

Great win..

I was surprised by how well the DBs played Aaron last night. The “bend but don’t break” D of the past wasn’t used as much (thanks) and stopped Green Rogers mid-field a couple times with the pass rush ...

it’s interesting to see McDaniels transition the offense away from the TEs and slots, to the WRs. I guess that’s a necessity with Amendola gone and Gronk and Edelman not up to speed ...

hope it’s not to narrow a game plan and that they can set some others options up as you mention with Patterson ....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An ugly win but a wine none the less.

Props to Patterson. Nice to see him contribute but stop running him between the tackles so much. Use some sweeps, touch passes or end arounds with him.
Gordon had a nice game despite dislocating his finger twice.
The D played well enough to beat Rodgers but still need work. Bentley could be that missing piece. Let's hope he returns soon.
Is Brady starting to show his age? A few of those passes were terrible.
I love the tempo the first couple of possesions. Then they got away from it and kept looking downfield and Patterson off guard runs. That was dumb. They got away from screens or dump offs and they stalled the O until they went back to it.
Glad we got the win. I'm getting more excited about the playoffs now.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is there a shortage of WRs?

Edelman - Nowhere near the receiver he was two years ago. He's dropped a lot of passes. The knee injury has him just a bit off.

Hogan - He's been dealing with a bunch of minor injuries and has not been Mr. 7-11. He's really having a difficult time getting any separation at all.

Gordon - Finally starting to get Brady's trust and his targets have been going up steadily while Hogans have gone down.

Dorsett - He got into the Packer game and made a couple of nice catches but disappeared. A reliable WR can't do that.

Patterson - He's been more used as a RB than a WR. He's not a great route runner and Brady likes his guys to be in certain places at certain times and Patterson hasn't been there.

Having a big WR like DT would have given Brady at least one more option. He did hit Allen once but he's not very fast and doesn't have reliable hands. How many times did Gordon dislocate his fingers last night? (three?) Hopefully he doesn't mess them up or break them. I'd like to see at least one more fully reliable big receiver, but it won't hppennow. They have to live with what they have.

Oh yeah, Slater. He was in for one offensive series last night and might as well have stayed on the side.