• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 7 vs Ravens

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad a things have been to start this year...PIT still controls their fate in the DIV anyway as this is only the 2nd DIV game.

Okay...to the Ravens.

Obviously these teams know each other very well and in spite of both teams having a lot of new players, the intensity is always at the peak in this game. Both teams trying to find a productive LT...just keeping it real here...the interior of the BAL DL is better than our interior OL...so the OTs are pretty much going to be on their own a lot vs the edge rushers I'm thinking. Suggs typically play well against PIT. Call me crazy but I like the Beachum vs Suggs matchup. Dumerville is not the same guy he was in DEN, but 1 on 1 Gilbert is going to need to good day.

That said...I'm not expecting huge yds from Bell as a rusher, but him in space with some dump offs I think will have a big day. PIT has not been able to stop the overload blitz from BAL, but I don't think BAL is as good on the back end this year so we'll have to see how often they throw the kitchen sink @ Ben.

Outcome...I think Suggs will make some plays agains us but won't be the dominant force he's been in the past...They obviously must control Rice w/o Clark being in the mix...gotta keep a S deep this week against Smith.

I think the PIT OFC continues to show more this week @ home they will get to 2-4...I like PIT 24-17 or 24-20....typical close DIV game.

What say you?

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always love these games and this one is going to be like most of the rest (aka a defensive battle) both teams have the same problem right now and that is bad o-line play and no running game. This is going to be a defensive battle and the Ravens will win because of the bog play ability of the Ravens. You're DB are too slow and Smith and Jones are going to fly right by them.

Ravens win 17-9

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always love these games and this one is going to be like most of the rest (aka a defensive battle) both teams have the same problem right now and that is bad o-line play and no running game. This is going to be a defensive battle and the Ravens will win because of the bog play ability of the Ravens. You're DB are too slow and Smith and Jones are going to fly right by them.

Ravens win 17-9

I think it will be a DEF battle also, but scoring maybe a little higher than what you're thinking...I picked it 24-20 or something like that.

Big plays...Smith has burned them deep recently. Although hurting a bit, but I've always felt Rice was the main cog in the BAL OFC...I'm not sure BAL has the WR/TE firepower to take Troy out of the box in run support. I like that match up to favor PIT with Troy in the box.

Taylor will likely be on Smith...As long as he knows he has Clark deep he will be aggressive...my biggest concern is Jones vs Gay...we know Gay is going to give up the 5-8 yd pass, but will he be able to make the tackle? idk to be honest. I think Allen will see some time on him.

I think Heath will have a big game, and I like Bell to make some plays also.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ravens win 17-9

no matter how good or bad either of these 2 teams are playing it's still a crap shoot when they play each other..

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
benownsravens.jpg

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking down a win!

Typical Steelers vs Ravens games.

My thoughts

The trenches...last week I said the Steeler OL might lose the war, but would win enough battles to get a win...with Ngata limited PIT won the war yesterday.

Beachum & Wallace (subbing for Gilbert) held up very well imo. The one sack Beachum gave up was just a great play by Suggs taking Ben down by the jersey as he was being blocked past the QB. The G C G play was the best I've seen in a while, Bell made most of his yds inside the tackles.

On the DL...McClendon, Heyward I thought played great...on the sack by Woodley, Heyward had the T & G working on him and #56 looped inside...but the real point here is those guys kept Timmons clean and he was a terror all day...11 tackles within 3 yds of the loc. I was really hoping to get up 2 possession in the 4Q to take Rice out of the game, they weren't able to do that, but he was mostly a non-factor.

Moye has to hold on for 6!!! He could be what I was hoping for from Plax. I'm not sure why Haley doesn't like Paulson in the RZ, but I would love to see those bigger bodies get more shots.

Of course it will take a better game than yesterday to win in BAL, but I like the back 4 & nickel matchup vs this version of the Ravens. Ike gave up the bomb to Smith but he was well covered, just a great pass...Allen was giving up more ground than I would like, but tackling was solid, and Gay made 2 great plays on the ball after getting beaten. Thomas made some big hits...not sure if anyone else picked up on it but #29 was out there a lot in favor of #98 and not #25 in the second half. They're getting more comfortable with him in run support and coverage.

2-4...still not a good position to be in, but CLE also lost, so we picked a game on them as well. CIN is having the luck that ATL had last year.