• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: WEEK 6

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little NFCS chat.

CAR...4-2, maybe still a little challenged offensively, but Shula is using McCaffery better than I expected. CB play is better this season...Peppers playing great, can he sustain it? I don't see CAR going away because of the DEF...OFC will be hit or miss from week to week. @ CHI...tough match up for the Bears...they want to run it, CAR can stop the run....tough call.

NO...3-2, 3 wins in a row has to be turning some heads in the DIV, the game yesterday was weird with so many DEF scores. Their DEF played far better than score would indicate. @ GB w/o Rodgers...you have to like their chances to win this week.

ATL...3-2, Falcons are trending the other way, with 2 losses, both at home and going into the bye, and coming out. Up 17-0 at the half, the Falcons could not make it stick. OFC got a little sluggish, MIA made a few plays and got the INT at the end to thwart ATL's comeback attempt late. The Falcons kryptonite is a strong in between the tackle run game....interesting that I thought both ATL DTs played well, but they got gashed in the run game....3 straight on the road now starting @ NE this week.

TB...2-3, Bucs DEF got gashed out in the desert, but losing Winston to shoulder injury is the big story here. If he's out long term, whatever playoff hops the Bucs had are gone...it didn't seem like they were quite ready to turn the corner to me anyway, but hope the kid is not hurt badly.

Yeah I'm proud of my boys. The Rodgers injury really opens the door for this team. They could very well be 6-2 through 8 games. Next 3 games are AT GB then home games vs Chicago and Washington. I'm fully expecting to be at least 5-3 at the halfway mark.

Atlanta could be in huge trouble if they don't wake up fast. They play 4 of their next 5 on the road including a 3 game road trip against the Pats, Jets, and Panthers. Then they go home to face Dallas before facing Seattle on MNF. They could easily be 4-6 or 5-5 after those games.

NFC South should be interesting. This is shaping out to be a 3 team race. The Bucs look like straight ass. I don't think they will hang around much longer. Looking like a 7-9/8-8 type of season for them.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm proud of my boys. The Rodgers injury really opens the door for this team. They could very well be 6-2 through 8 games. Next 3 games are AT GB then home games vs Chicago and Washington. I'm fully expecting to be at least 5-3 at the halfway mark.

Atlanta could be in huge trouble if they don't wake up fast. They play 4 of their next 5 on the road including a 3 game road trip against the Pats, Jets, and Panthers. Then they go home to face Dallas before facing Seattle on MNF. They could easily be 4-6 or 5-5 after those games.

NFC South should be interesting. This is shaping out to be a 3 team race. The Bucs look like straight ass. I don't think they will hang around much longer. Looking like a 7-9/8-8 type of season for them.

ATL...since I see them every week...I'm not really surprised, their OFC was so dynamic last year, it was going to be tough to replicate that even with Shanny staying. If there is a change that I can see...the OL play is not as good as LY, especially both the G positions, but also the RT being out has made a difference.

Run DEF...I think it's better than what they showed yesterday...Ajayi is a beast and if he gets to the 2nd level he's going to do damage...I think he torched the Steelers for 2 bills last year, and back it up with another 200 bills the following week.

I don't see a RB in the DIV that will do that.

You're right...this next 3 games will tell us a lot about the Falcons...1-2 won't kill them, but they might be pretty desperate.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good takes, I think the Saints D coordinator should have hookers sent to him in his room on every road trip, for what he has done with that defense......They were my sleeper team coming into the season, I like the way they are looking for sure, and getting Willie Snead back in the mix will only help

Atlanta could be a team sitting on one win this season if not for a lucky few breaks......That offense is not on the level of last seasons', the Shanahan loss is pretty noticeable, and that defense can get steamrolled any week

Carolina should stick around that race, between that defense and Cam, they should avoid any long losing streaks

Tampa is a bottom feeder, and Koetter will soon be gone in that turnstile of Head Coaches in Tampa....Winston is a mistake waiting to happen, that defense is absolutely brutal

NO...they have to be feeling pretty good after the start they had...I still think the DEF will have to prove itself week in, week out, but the schedule is not that difficult.

ATL...can't close...they were up 17-0 at half and again failed to close out the game. MIA hung around and eventually found their footing and made a view plays...Falcons can't run when they need to run and the other team knows it...the weak G play is showing up more this season. Look for the Falcons to invest a high pick at G next year or sign one in FA. These next 3 will have a huge impact on their season.

CAR...agree.

Tampa...I hold Winston a little higher than you. I'm not wanting him passing 40 times a game to win games but in the games I've seen this year...it's the Bucs DEF that's been under performing. I tend to agree overall though, they don't look like much more than a 8 or 9 win team.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO...they have to be feeling pretty good after the start they had...I still think the DEF will have to prove itself week in, week out, but the schedule is not that difficult.

ATL...can't close...they were up 17-0 at half and again failed to close out the game. MIA hung around and eventually found their footing and made a view plays...Falcons can't run when they need to run and the other team knows it...the weak G play is showing up more this season. Look for the Falcons to invest a high pick at G next year or sign one in FA. These next 3 will have a huge impact on their season.

CAR...agree.

Tampa...I hold Winston a little higher than you. I'm not wanting him passing 40 times a game to win games but in the games I've seen this year...it's the Bucs DEF that's been under performing. I tend to agree overall though, they don't look like much more than a 8 or 9 win team.

I love lattimore