• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 6: Rams @ Texans

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys,

IMO, this game could go either way. Schaub is not playing well and has had a pick 6 in 5 straight games. I'd like to think our defense can make it a pick 6 in 6 straight games :). The Texans do have a good defense and JJ Watt is all over the place. Looking at the performances and stats of both teams during the past 5 weeks, I'd say this game will be a defensive battle.. Who will create more turnovers? Who will play better pass defense? Who will be successful at stopping the run?

Or on the other side,

If the Texans offense plays well, can the Rams offense keep pace?

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also looking forward to see how Bradford plays during this game in Houston... We all saw the balls over the middle and the announcers (during the broadcast) and brother's SJ76, Retro Ram, and a few others commented that Bradford was throwing the ball late and I recall where Givens had a lead on a defender but had to slow down to wait for the ball because it was thrown late... The result was a incompletion... And this was against the Jags at our home field..

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....another factor is Owen Daniels will miss this game and is out 4-6 weeks. This is easily a winnable game if we some how put a great effort in all three phases, we could be easily back to .500. Going out on a limb here. Rams 27, Texans 24.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....another factor is Owen Daniels will miss this game and is out 4-6 weeks. This is easily a winnable game if we some how put a great effort in all three phases, we could be easily back to .500. Going out on a limb here. Rams 27, Texans 24.
It would be a huge advantage for us if ST's could cut their penalties in half, you no down to 5 penalties per game.:lol:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blowout.

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schaub struggling is the worst thing that could happen to the Rams...Kaepernick was in a death-spiral un til he got well feasting on the rams...As I've said a bazillion times, the best medicine for a struggling QB is the Rams...If the secondary doesn't get it together, the Rams will road-kill for the Texans...If they can hold their own, then I agree that the Rams have a chance for an upset here...Think the texans win this one, but could be interesting...Bradford has to be better, but i don't share the belief that he is the main culp[rit in the Ram struggles...The ST reference was spot-on IMO...Austin will take one to the house sooner rather than later if the holding/blocks in the back would be held in check...I believe that half the Ram penalties have come from STs...That's simply unacceptable...

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just wondering, how many yards will Foster and Tate run for 275? As bad as Schaub has been, what they get is a Rams team that makes RBs look like HOFers. With that said, I would be happy if Bradford had a 40% completion rate if he never threw a pass less than 10 yards. We would win. Shotts sets up the plays and it looks like Sam isn't smart enough to choose another play and throw it downfield. Screw the rush, from JJ or whoever, stand tall and throw the ball down the field.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita are you retarded? Jacksonville just hung with us at home.

Blowout means Houston will take out everything on these sorry ass Rams and their bitch of a QB.

That's my take. Some of Yous positive attitude is just being a hopeful homer.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the DC better of hell fixed that run defense. and i better be seeing INT and recovered forced fumbles this week.

Also please tell the oline and Sammy that Watt has a pretty good motor

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita are you retarded? Jacksonville just hung with us at home.

Blowout means Houston will take out everything on these sorry ass Rams and their bitch of a QB.

That's my take. Some of Yous positive attitude is just being a hopeful homer.
Junkie are you retarded?

Of course I knew what you meant, that's why that guys laughing so hard at the end....

For goodness sakes, you don't even realize I was clowning around?

You're just not yourself and your disdain for Sam is beyond a healthy level. I just don't think you're having any fun man!

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do see Fisher and Snead going to the draft next year and getting a QB.:nod: It is a large QB field and although at times I see a future with Sam, other times it is like that lost dog going after scraps after dinner is over. The scraps fill him up but he missed the main course.:whistle:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Texans are suffering from a lack of offensive confidence and Schaub is expressing a lot of it by screwing up. Since we have not won on the road this year and we have a history of playing poorly on the road, we are going to have to play a pretty good game on all fronts to win this very winnable game.

IDK if the Rams are there yet and STs really have to get off the schnide and play better because Austin is poised to break one and if he does, it will take the pressure off the D and the O and maybe the Rams will continue building the momentum they fostered in the Jags game.

If they get behind early like has been our MO for the foreseeable past, it'll be a long day and SJ76 will see his blow-out. But if we score first and we do it early in the first, our chances will improve immensely at winning the game. I see Zuerlein having a role in the win with a long field goal at some point in the game. I'll pick the Rams but everything has to continue to improve otherwise, we are done.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Texans are suffering from a lack of offensive confidence and Schaub is expressing a lot of it by screwing up. Since we have not won on the road this year and we have a history of playing poorly on the road, we are going to have to play a pretty good game on all fronts to win this very winnable game.

IDK if the Rams are there yet and STs really have to get off the schnide and play better because Austin is poised to break one and if he does, it will take the pressure off the D and the O and maybe the Rams will continue building the momentum they fostered in the Jags game.

If they get behind early like has been our MO for the foreseeable past, it'll be a long day and SJ76 will see his blow-out. But if we score first and we do it early in the first, our chances will improve immensely at winning the game. I see Zuerlein having a role in the win with a long field goal at some point in the game. I'll pick the Rams but everything has to continue to improve otherwise, we are done.
Well said Retro, I'll be a lot more crude about it.

I don't know what the fuck our chances are, both teams are playing like crap.

I'd guess the Texans may get healthy because young teams like ours tend to disappear on the road.

Either way, win or lose, bad game or good Sam will take it on the chin here on this board. Sam needs to have a great game in a win for anything otherwise. That's not an excuse, it's not sticking up for the dude, it just is what it is. :nod:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOLOL!!! Too funny Vita. Sammie really has a golden opportunity here to finally take another step and improve his weaknesses. The most notable is that frikin' holding the ball too long when the receivers are open and he has been doing it more blantantly here of late.

The other thing I see him doing is his apparent inability to adjust on the fly. He really needs to stop throwing the ball into double and sometimes triple-covered receivers especially on those freakin' underneath passes I hate so much. He needs to make the adjustments and zip that ball quicker. I know he can do this. It is just a matter of practicing it and getting better. Things will get better in this game if they go back to committing to the run taking the pressure off of the pass and then I see Sammie taking the next step.

But if STs screw-up and the D gives up a couple of quick score early, I see us folding like cheap suit in a rainstorm.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam just needs to make plays when they are there Vita. When a guy is open, pull the trigger. Take some chances downfield. It's that simple. I think thats what most of us really want from the guy. Stand up in the pocket, be a man, and make the dam play. Not sit back cross eyed like a panzee.

Is that so hard to ask? I don't think it is at all.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly... take the shots downfield. He completed that beautiful ball to Pettis last week, so we know he knows how to do it. I look for Pettis to continue to grow. He is becoming Sam's security blanket.

We need big games from the front 4 (all of them in the rotation) to stop the run. We might as well stack the box and make Schaub throw to beat us. We do that, we will cause INTs and fumbles and probably a pick six.

I am going to say Rams continue to get better and take advantage of a floundering Texans team

27-21 Rams

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam just needs to make plays when they are there Vita. When a guy is open, pull the trigger. Take some chances downfield. It's that simple. I think thats what most of us really want from the guy. Stand up in the pocket, be a man, and make the dam play. Not sit back cross eyed like a panzee.

Is that so hard to ask? I don't think it is at all.
:agree:Well except for the pansy part.

I'll add he could do well by moving better in the pocket, add more touch on his short passes and throw a block on a back every now and then for good measure, those can be executed safely. However it appears to me that he is being coached away from taking risks, and I have trouble with that.

Also he and the wide outs need to communicate better too (guessing their not). He needs to be able to anticipate guys being open from these chats. That will help him make plays when they are there. WR's know when they are setting up a guy for a deep or slant route. They know when the safety is giving them more attention leaving others in single coverage or vise versa and such. These things need to be exploited but our youth is blindly following the game plan, in spite of their instincts. That needs to change, this offense needs to go into ad lib mode every now then, you know play street ball chuck it and catch it and see if it sticks!

That said, I am upset with Jeff Fisher. Early on he had the opportunity to make some changes on the way blocks were being made on special teams. He clearly stated in his presser that those blocks weren't penalties after reviewing tape. Well who the F cares Jeff, we still took the penalty and 3 - 4 weeks later we are still getting called for the same BS. Jeff needs to make adjustments to the way the game is being called, right or wrong. If they call certain blocks that aren't illegal stop doing that until they stop calling them that way! To continue is :lame: but he continued week after week, even made more of the same excuses in a later games presser too.:lame: again!

Like I said before, we had a lot of goals to start the year and one of those goals was starting field position.

Heck that's the reason we moved up in the draft, not to pick a slot WR, but to put a dynamic return man on ST's! Instead, I'll guess, we have not only fallen short of our goals so far in this category, we are falling way short of last years pitiful numbers too.

That's insane!

Get these guys on ST's to play clean and let the chips fall where they may. At least we wont be 10 yards back from the spot of the foul!

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans are a mess right now and have acutally scored fewer points than the Rams. However I still think they win the game especially at home. I don't know that the Rams will have answers for Watt or Johnson but Shaub may give them a few turnovers. If they can force some turnovers (which I'm expecting) they will stay in the game but I'll say 27-24 Texans.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How come no one is talking about Sams enormous salary?? We should be talking about how much bang for the buck we are getting compaired to other high paid guys. Im not saying we should get rid of the guy. Heck most players that want to win will willingly take a pay cut so that his team can go out and sign some talent. To me Sam isnt willing because he is in it for the $$. He is silently crippling this team with his huge salary and its just going to get worse the next 2 years. Dont get me wrong, I do think Sam can make this team better, he doesnt turn the ball over that much. But there is NO FREAKIN WAY he should be getting the jingle he's getting......NO FREAKIN WAY!! Sure its not his fault it ended up that way, but he can make it right if he wants to win!! God Dam it Sam redo your contract !!