• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 6 Los Angeles Chargers @ Denver Broncos

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good defense - strangely no offense on this Chargers team.

Broncos 24
Chargers 13

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I ran into Marvin Mims this week. Life is good. I brought AT Perry to Denver. Do you see me working?????

;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cameron Fleming is also back. Signed to our PS.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cameron Fleming is also back. Signed to our PS.

I like this signing and wouldn't be shocked if he actually starts this week. Couple of years back he was arguably our best OL player (says more about the others than him, but still he wasn't a liability).

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers are a tough team to read. Their two wins are against the Raiders and Panthers so not exactly the whose who of the league. And even in those they didn't look good. At the same time their defense held the Chiefs to 17 points (after Rice got hurt early in the game) so this will be a bit barometer game for them to prove whether they are the real deal or not. Also good chance for the Broncos with this upcoming 3-game stretch to really make their mark on the league. Saints will be without Carr so good chance for that Thursday night win and then the Panthers are well the Panthers.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hanging out this week at my Colorado mountain property. Was a long journey to get back to my beloved Broncos Country! I'll be at the game on Sunday. It's been a couple of years since I was screaming my lungs out at Mile High. Looking forward to that and a beat down of the Harbaugh Chargers. Go Broncos!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've liked what I've seen outta Nix so far, hope he gets better each week.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this signing and wouldn't be shocked if he actually starts this week. Couple of years back he was arguably our best OL player (says more about the others than him, but still he wasn't a liability).

Good post here. I don't think people gave Fleming enough credit two years ago. He wasn't as good last year when called upon but was still better then average. We have been very lucky the last two years to be able to bring him back as depth, IMO.

We love Crum (and so do I) but I know we aren't ready to depend on him yet and if Palc misses we will likely start Peart at RT and elevate Fleming, IMO.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post here. I don't think people gave Fleming enough credit two years ago. He wasn't as good last year when called upon but was still better then average. We have been very lucky the last two years to be able to bring him back as depth, IMO.

We love Crum (and so do I) but I know we aren't ready to depend on him yet and if Palc misses we will likely start Peart at RT and elevate Fleming, IMO.

Crum needs some time. His preseason/camp was down right terrible and I was surprised the Broncos kept him instead of trying to sneak him onto the PS. I thought Jacobs is the one that should have been kept. I do get though that Crum has some upside so worth exploring that and seeing what we can get from him, but if he is starting this week the Broncos are in real trouble with Joey Bosa going against him most downs.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of this team just shitting the bed the main thing I can see that will kill this game for us is a banged up O-Line leading to more sacks and stalled drives.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crum needs some time. His preseason/camp was down right terrible and I was surprised the Broncos kept him instead of trying to sneak him onto the PS. I thought Jacobs is the one that should have been kept. I do get though that Crum has some upside so worth exploring that and seeing what we can get from him, but if he is starting this week the Broncos are in real trouble with Joey Bosa going against him most downs.

Jacobs out played Crum that is for sure.

I think Crum down the line is the better player and I get what Payton did there. Payton REALLY doesn't like to put any risk into players he thinks will be better down the line. We saw it with Crum and Watson this year and with guys like Forsyth and Skinner last year. I think he is very smart with that. Why risk Crum or Watson for a guy like Humphrey or Burton who don't have to clear waivers and you can eventually just sign back to the 53 to set your initial roster without exposing players you really like?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Trautman did well pairing up with Crum and contained Crosby all but one time. Crum played well against the Raiders. The Problem in the NFL - once you play the other side sees your film and begins to exploit what you are not good at doing.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Humphrey - he can really make some plays - and he blocks well down field - and he allows Sean Payton to jack him around on the roster every year.

I loved the 30 plus yards catch he made that Nix dropped in among 4 defenders and Humphrey still managed to break loose down field.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Trautman did well pairing up with Crum and contained Crosby all but one time. Crum played well against the Raiders. The Problem in the NFL - once you play the other side sees your film and begins to exploit what you are not good at doing.

Of the TE's Trautman is easily our best option. He isn't a terrible blocker but nothing that makes you jump out of your chair. Just wish we could pair our young QB with a great TE option. Nice to have that safety blanket over the middle.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the TE's Trautman is easily our best option. He isn't a terrible blocker but nothing that makes you jump out of your chair. Just wish we could pair our young QB with a great TE option. Nice to have that safety blanket over the middle.

He is our best all around TE that is for sure. I have always been a Trautman fan since he came out of the draft but he would be so much better if we had a legit rec TE to pair with him.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Raiders thread from last week has become our Chargers game week thread. Bumping this up to get back in the right game.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw, Asante Samuel and Gus Edwards were placed on IR yesterday.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inactives

S JL Skinner
S Keidron Smith
QB Zach Wilson
RB Blake Watson
OT Alex Palczewski
TE Greg Dulcich
CB Kris Abrams-Draine

Means for the firs time this year and since two years ago ISU DT Uwazurike is active.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinner as a healthy scratch is a letdown.

He returned last week and made a nice special teams tackle after being out two weeks with injury. S Smith is another add to the healthy inactive list. McCalister must be showing something in practice?

Seems like Mathis will likely be activated next week as he practiced in full all of this week.

Abrams-Draine is the only player on the active 53 that hasn't dressed all year. Thinking we may cut a S to active Mathis next week. Our numbers are really weird right now with players on IR but other then a cluster of S's on the roster right now I don't think it is too wild.. Basically using the PS rules wisely with the injuries at OL.