• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WEEK 5: Bears at Panthers OFFICIAL GAME-THREAD

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to sign up for GameRewind. It is the only way to understand a game from a TV. Why the league doesn't offer a premium channel with the All-22 and end zone views offered live I cannot understand.

Im not familiar with that. Is that strictly web based? I dunno...Im already immersed enough in the NFL as is. That might be my "letting the fat kid run the candy store" if I got that, lol.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to sign up for GameRewind. It is the only way to understand a game from a TV. Why the league doesn't offer a premium channel with the All-22 and end zone views offered live I cannot understand.

Im not familiar with that. Is that strictly web based? I dunno...Im already immersed enough in the NFL as is. That might be my "letting the fat kid run the candy store" if I got that, lol.

blh..............cubzz is right.NFL rewind is on the NFL channel on Monday and Tuesday morning.
If you don`t have Directv,its the way to go.I suggest it to everyone.
And say you do have directv but don`t pay for the NFL channel(not sure if it included in the package or not cause its the wifes bill),I always use the rewind button on my remote to check out plays that are being challenged.
You can also pause it too make a sandwich,take a piss,answer the door or whatever and not miss a play.(if you use it a lot,the game can take up to a long time to watch tho.lol)
So if you really are into watching plays develope,its the only way to watch it.
i just can`t believe a person can actually see that happening at a live game anyways.Just way too much going on and in the way to see that happening.

just sayin.............sorry for babbling on and thought I`d relay a little info if needed.

C

cubzzzfanincali

yeah, it is just on the web. My computer is hooked up to my big screen TV so it works pretty well for me. It definitely increases the amount of time I spend on the NFL. My girlfriend understands, so it's OK.

C

cubzzzfanincali

You can also pause it too make a sandwich,take a piss,answer the door or whatever and not miss a play.(if you use it a lot,the game can take up to a long time to watch tho.lol)
So if you really are into watching plays develope,its the only way to watch it.
i just can`t believe a person can actually see that happening at a live game anyways.Just way too much going on and in the way to see that happening.

One nice thing about Rewind is it has a back button that scrolls back a very convenient several seconds so you can watch the play over and over again, focusing somewhere else each time. It's really well set up to support watching games and learning what happened. But even without the rewind feature, I still don't understand why the league doesn't offer a realtime, live feed with the better angles. In an era where so many of us have nice big screen TVs, it can support the whole field just fine. I'm sure the NFL has some reason why, but I don't know what that reason is.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One nice thing about Rewind is it has a back button that scrolls back a very convenient several seconds so you can watch the play over and over again, focusing somewhere else each time. It's really well set up to support watching games and learning what happened. But even without the rewind feature, I still don't understand why the league doesn't offer a realtime, live feed with the better angles. In an era where so many of us have nice big screen TVs, it can support the whole field just fine. I'm sure the NFL has some reason why, but I don't know what that reason is.

The fact that Tennis and Soccer have goalline technology down to fractions of an inch, while the NFL, the assumed "top-dog", relies on one shot down the line and one floating camera is absurd and likely a testament to the rigging of games.

I'm certain had they said tech, Bennett's woulda been a TD last week before the half.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Tennis and Soccer have goalline technology down to fractions of an inch, while the NFL, the assumed "top-dog", relies on one shot down the line and one floating camera is absurd and likely a testament to the rigging of games.

I'm certain had they said tech, Bennett's woulda been a TD last week before the half.

I dont want to blame technology, no time outs left, no time left, you gotta present yourself to the QB when you are in the end zone period. Quarterback needs to throw that ball in the end zone or out of bounds to at least get the FG shot. Both ending a yard short and bennet being stopped by a safety were both inexcusable.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have d-tv with DVR, sunday ticket...so I do have some enhanced viewing...but the rewind does sound cool. Something to consider, for sure. Thanks, guys!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you... the only thing that would become a judgment call isn't whether the ball touched the plane of the goal line, but whether the player had control of the ball as it broke the plane.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have d-tv with DVR, sunday ticket...so I do have some enhanced viewing...but the rewind does sound cool. Something to consider, for sure. Thanks, guys!!

Same here. I love it since I'll start watching the game about an hour after it starts so I can fast forward through the commercials.

But I do wish they would offer a full field view....sometimes you can fill in the gaps and figure out what happened on those down field routes, but sometimes you cannot due to the camera angles.

Can't stand when these game directors use the overhead cam or like to zoom in on the QB's face before the ball is snapped. I'm always yelling at the TV telling them to give us a full view of the offensive and defensive formations, etc.....but I digress.