• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WEEK 5: Bears at Panthers OFFICIAL GAME-THREAD

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eventual;ly you gotta get to the coaching. The first three plays of the game for cutler were assinine. What the fuck is that, three of what looked like the same running plays.

Another fumble rooskie, after green bay last year, why are these guys not playing to the fucking whistle?

Sometimes its more than just execution. These guys didnt look ready for a pocket passing Newton.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turnovers burned us, but why the fuck can't we put two good halves of football together? Every game we get raped for a half, then do very well for a half. Cutler is still cutler. He'll throw bad picks. Our Oline sucks and our d is average. This loss stung, especially after dominating the first half. We gave up 7 points due to an unacceptable mistake, 4 points due to the refs completely blowing a call, and lost 3 points due to Gould missing a very make able field goal. We should have won this game.... This team looks like a bunch of losers to me.

Yeah. A bunch of guys who just really look like they don't know what's going on. No idea of how to finish a football game, finish drives, put together a full game, etc…

At some point, that does go back to Trestman. I hate to start this talk, but this team needs to start playing better and stop the bleeding. Or else, people are going to start asking questions.

They have two games coming up against two VERY pedestrian, and struggling ATL and MIA football teams. They have to find a way to win those.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eventual;ly you gotta get to the coaching. The first three plays of the game for cutler were assinine. What the fuck is that, three of what looked like the same running plays.

Another fumble rooskie, after green bay last year, why are these guys not playing to the fucking whistle?

Sometimes its more than just execution. These guys didnt look ready for a pocket passing Newton.

They consistently make dumb mistakes, I agree completely. The entire team looks like they don't know what's going on. Aside from not being able to string together a complete game on either side, they also have no idea how to stop a spiral when momentum shifts on them.

There is no excuse for a missed field goal shifting the momentum of the game the way it did. One thing didn't go according to plan, and they totally shit their pants.

I also cannot stand watching this team shoot itself in the foot any longer. It's unreal. Whether it's dumb penalties, turnovers, whatever… they really have raised losing to an art form at times over the past two years. And that definitely comes back to coaching.

And is it just me… or is this team CONSTANTLY on the verge of a personal foul penalty? Whether it's fighting, hitting late, hitting the QB, etc… Especially in such big situations, after big stops on third down. Sutton hitting Newton so close to the sideline (he wasn't out, but I thought that would be called), fighting with the long snapper after forcing a big three and out. Just… dumb shit. Plain and simple. They're a dumb, dumb team.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well. I give Sutton credit for getting to the sideline. We have seen these QB's just start jogging out of bounds and then take off up the field. He dove on the field so it was relatively clean. You dont force him out and he turns up field and you are a goat.

People complain about a lack of hitting in practice, they hit and Bushrod goes down. Trestman changed the entire strength and conditioning which was more flexibility and conditioning under Lovie to majority of strength, then they go out and sign 250-260 pound defensive ends. Its like the team has no identity.

Like I said before, you do not have a middle linebacker that can cover deep middle anymore, stop running that fucking defense. The middle of the field was wide open yet again today.

This team might be something if Trestman was the offensive coordinator and a more discipline minded head coach was leading them.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so tired of this team just finding ways to lose.

Before I say this, I'm really not trying to start head hunting for Trestman, or comparing him to Lovie.

However, at least when Lovie lost, 90-95% of the time probably. You felt that this team got beat on the field, plain and simple. Cut and dry.

I can't even count how many losses under Trestman, where I felt that they either outplayed a team, or played them completely even. Then failed to put a game away with a lead, and then proceeded to find a way to hand the other team a win.

Here's a list of our losses under Trestman.

@Detroit - 40-32 (OUTPLAYED)
vs NO - 26-18 (OUTPLAYED)
vs WASHINGTON - 45-41 (Could go either way, but they should have won that game)
vs DETROIT - 21-19 - (No question, handed them the game on a silver platter.)
@St. Louis - 42-21 - (OUTPLAYED)
@Minnesota - 23-20 OT - (VOMIT ALERT… Practically laid down for them)
@Philadelphia - 54-11 - (OUTPLAYED)
vs Green Bay - 33-28 - (Letting live balls bounce, blown coverages… Definitely falls under shooting yourself in the foot)

vs Buffalo - 23-20 OT - (Turnovers, can't finish drives, penalties, etc… same old shit)
vs Green Bay - 38-17 - (I'll say outplayed, but that game was played pretty evenly. They killed themselves.)
@Carolina - 31-24 - (Already been over this, gave the game away with another nauseating second half)

At some point, this goes back to coaching. Far too many games where they shot themselves in the foot here.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler's INT was bad, and he should take a hit for that. But Forte's fumble was even bigger. After the Cutler INT, it was still a tie game. The Bears had the ball and a chance for a slow steady drive. They could have taken time off the clock and won the game with a good drive. Forte's fumble killed the team. Cutler did more good than bad in the game (95 passer rating) and deserved the chance to make up for the INT. I thought for sure they were gonna have a good drive to win the game. The Forte fumble was shocking.

The Lions lost in horrible fashion today. No one is running away with the division. Not time to panic. A win in Atlanta, and things will feel better again. Things change quickly in this league.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler's INT was bad, and he should take a hit for that. But Forte's fumble was even bigger. After the Cutler INT, it was still a tie game. The Bears had the ball and a chance for a slow steady drive. They could have taken time off the clock and won the game with a good drive. Forte's fumble killed the team. Cutler did more good than bad in the game (95 passer rating) and deserved the chance to make up for the INT. I thought for sure they were gonna have a good drive to win the game. The Forte fumble was shocking.

The Lions lost in horrible fashion today. No one is running away with the division. Not time to panic. A win in Atlanta, and things will feel better again. Things change quickly in this league.

I agree. A win in ATL, followed by a very winnable game vs MIA at home. Things suddenly look a little brighter.

The Forte fumble was exactly that, shocking. I thought a lot of things might happen on that drive, a Forte fumble was probably next to the last thing I would have thought.

To be honest, even after going down 31-24, I thought they could definitely go down and score to tie it. Especially after the first play went for 20+ to Alshon heading into the 2 minute warning. The 2nd down sack was just killer. That was pretty much the game. Cutler had no chance on the 4th and 21 either, hit almost immediately.

Awful loss. It's not panic mode, but ATL is pretty much a must win. If the Bears offense can't put a full game together against that D, than I don't know what to think. Forte should run like a madman against perhaps the worst run defense in football. Especially now that he's likely going to be out to redeem himself.

C

cubzzzfanincali

there's no reason to panic, obviously.

But I am still extremely disgusted. This was just a dirty, stupid loss. I feel like I woke up in bed next to a nasty, stinky whore.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's no reason to panic, obviously.

But I am still extremely disgusted. This was just a dirty, stupid loss. I feel like I woke up in bed next to a nasty, stinky whore.

Yeah. The Bears are one game back in a division where it doesn't seem anyone is running away with anything right now.

This just sucks though… and not to mention, this blew my parlay today. I don't even feel comfortable posting how much cash this Bears loss yanked right out of my pocket, after the other teams I had all covered. :bullshit: :gash: :L

Good news is, this offense finds themselves pinned against another banged up and struggling defense next week. And an offensive line that can't block anyone.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. The Bears are one game back in a division where it doesn't seem anyone is running away with anything right now.

This just sucks though… and not to mention, this blew my parlay today. I don't even feel comfortable posting how much cash this Bears loss yanked right out of my pocket, after the other teams I had all covered. :bullshit: :gash: :L

Good news is, this offense finds themselves pinned against another banged up and struggling defense next week. And an offensive line that can't block anyone.

We have Kyle Orton to thank for that! :lol:

Matt Ryan has a knack of coming back against the bears. Plus you gotta feel we are gonna lose the battle of starting field position with Hester. Our punter has a booming leg that easily outkicks the coverage. Will they end up having him kick out of bounds?

I just worry when you have three days of planning and scripting your first 15 plays and the first three are the same run to the middle against the best middle linebacker in football. They better come up with something better.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have Kyle Orton to thank for that! :lol:

Matt Ryan has a knack of coming back against the bears. Plus you gotta feel we are gonna lose the battle of starting field position with Hester. Our punter has a booming leg that easily outkicks the coverage. Will they end up having him kick out of bounds?

I just worry when you have three days of planning and scripting your first 15 plays and the first three are the same run to the middle against the best middle linebacker in football. They better come up with something better.

In fairness, Carolina has sucked pretty hard against the run this year, and even worse against Forte, historically.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the defense played well and overall the offense did too. The team lost this game on four self-inflicted wounds:

1. The special teams stupidity on the first punt.
2. Robbie Gould's missed field goal.
3. Jay Cutler's second pick.
4. Matt Forte's fumble.

That was 24 points (at least) in a 7 point game. I'm least worried about Matt Forte... I'd be surprised if we see a fumble from him cost us any time soon. Robbie Gould is the runner up in the "least worried about" category... we've seen him shank a game winner against Minnesota last year and he is dealing with a new long snapper and holder so I wouldn't be surprised to see him shank another important FG... but he's been a very reliable kicker overall... not too worried. Third runner up- Jay Cutler. We know who he is. The team WILL win games BECAUSE of him, but the team will also lose games because of him. I wish the second part of the statement weren't true, but if that were the case he'd be Peyton Manning/Tom Brady/Aaron Rogers... he's in the next tier though which isn't awesome but is certainly an upgrade for what the Bears have had over the years. Special Teams... this group just sucks. It wasn't just that play either... we don't return kickoffs when there are clearly opportunities. I don't even know if that's a bad decision or if we suck so bad at kickoff returns that this is the best outcome always if the ball gets to the endzone. That punt coverage play though was terrible... not just the early hit which was the king of stupid, but no one flocking to the ball to prevent a 15 yard penalty from becoming a TD. Yeesh.

Besides the self-inflicted wounds, I thought we were moving the ball well and the defense looked competent.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness, Carolina has sucked pretty hard against the run this year, and even worse against Forte, historically.

Also, we were in our own end zone... you see a lot of teams trying to create a little bit of space so they can get a third and short and not so predictable with a qb dropping back into the end zone and you won't be punting from deep inside the end zone either. I thought those three runs were field position evils.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get that, but if you didnt get 8 yards on the first two carries, you shouldnt think you are gonna get all of them on the third run.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our kick returner should NEVER bring it out. He is awful.

thunderspirit

KFFL expatriate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the defense played well and overall the offense did too. The team lost this game on four self-inflicted wounds:

4. Matt Forte's fumble.

That was 24 points (at least) in a 7 point game. I'm least worried about Matt Forte... I'd be surprised if we see a fumble from him cost us any time soon. Robbie Gould is the runner up in the "least worried about" category... we've seen him shank a game winner against Minnesota last year and he is dealing with a new long snapper and holder so I wouldn't be surprised to see him shank another important FG... but he's been a very reliable kicker overall... not too worried. Third runner up- Jay Cutler. We know who he is. The team WILL win games BECAUSE of him, but the team will also lose games because of him. I wish the second part of the statement weren't true, but if that were the case he'd be Peyton Manning/Tom Brady/Aaron Rogers... he's in the next tier though which isn't awesome but is certainly an upgrade for what the Bears have had over the years. Special Teams... this group just sucks. It wasn't just that play either... we don't return kickoffs when there are clearly opportunities. I don't even know if that's a bad decision or if we suck so bad at kickoff returns that this is the best outcome always if the ball gets to the endzone. That punt coverage play though was terrible... not just the early hit which was the king of stupid, but no one flocking to the ball to prevent a 15 yard penalty from becoming a TD. Yeesh.

Besides the self-inflicted wounds, I thought we were moving the ball well and the defense looked competent.
This is a good analysis.
:suds:

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game in Charlotte sitting on the 40 yard line 15 rows up. My observations... No one was open. Their CB's did an amazing job 1 on 1 vs. Marshall and AJ, especially in the second half. Luke Keukly (sp?) was his usual monster self when it came to shadowing our RB's and the dump off game we ran. It was really eye opening to see how well Carolina CB's played especially in the second half.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game in Charlotte sitting on the 40 yard line 15 rows up. My observations... No one was open. Their CB's did an amazing job 1 on 1 vs. Marshall and AJ, especially in the second half. Luke Keukly (sp?) was his usual monster self when it came to shadowing our RB's and the dump off game we ran. It was really eye opening to see how well Carolina CB's played especially in the second half.

The first pick, the linebackers helmet was in Marshalls chest with a back right behind him. I thought that was pretty damn good coverage.

But when Forte has 130 yards in the first half, it seemed like the coverage would have changed some and allow the receivers to get open. I guess this is proof it obviously did not.

I always liked Rivera though. He is a really good coach.

Aussie77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a definite attempt in this game to get the ball out of Jays hand quicker and I think that had to do with the injuries on the offensive line, obviously there was a concern that we wouldn't be able to hold up with a bunch of 7 step drops so to counteract that we dumped the ball a lot even short throws to the WRs.

Overall it was a bad game to lose and kind of indicative of how we have played all season so far, We need to see a 60 minute performance and it hasn't happened not even close yet.

The defense is a worry unless they get turnovers the other team seems to score about 80% of the time they don't have the ability to stop teams at all really that might get better as the year goes on but right now we live and die by the turnovers.

As far as Special Teams goes I thought the lone bright spot was Pat O'Donnell for the first time he showed the leg strength he has now they just to work on actually tackling the guy with the ball in their hands at the other end of the kick.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4. Matt Forte's fumble.

Good analysis, but you seemed to have omitted Cutler's first pick. That cost us at the very least 3 points (potentially 7 points) since I believe we were in field goal range. It seems that Cutler gets a little loose with the ball in the red zone, which I can understand from a field position standpoint, but if you do turn the ball over, it eliminates the possibility of getting a field goal.

Really liked our defense's performance. Looked really good in the first half, but looked like they were getting tired in the 2nd. Offensively, we looked unstoppable in the first, but looked incompetent in the 2nd. Trestman's play calling looked tired and uninventive, Cutler's passes and selection of receivers puzzled me.....what the hell happened to these guys during halftime?